Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shields is staying

5 posters

Go down

Shields is staying Empty Shields is staying

Post by KBen Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 8, 2014, 7:02 PM EST
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Getty Images
One of the top free agent cornerbacks is off the market.
The Packers and cornerback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have reached a four-year, $39 million contract, a league source told PFT’s Mike Florio on Saturday.
Shields will receive a $12.5 million signing bonus, and his 2014 compensation is $15 million. By the second season, Shields is slated to have made $21 million, and the deal is worth $30 million through 2016.
The 26-year-old Shields recorded 61 tackles, defended 16 passes and intercepted four passes in 2013.

I like the kid, but for that scratch he'd better learn to tackle and suck up pain a fuck lot better
KBen
KBen

Back to top Go down

Shields is staying Empty Re: Shields is staying

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:36 pm

Yes Yes Yes KBen...........EFFEN $12M signing bonus..............WOW!!  TT seems to be somewhat desperate.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:44 pm

See ya, BJ

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by KBen Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:11 pm

Ya cant teach speed and Shields has it.
From an undrafted FA learning a new position to where he is now in only a few years is quite impressive, that said I say again fucker really better learn to tackle and suck up pain better for that kinda scratch.....

Raji is a cunt.
Fat lazy shitbag has so much talent but doesnt want to play football, just wants to get paid over the top for pretending to.
there is no pride or killer instinct in his eyes, his posture, nor his play on the field in 3 years...and that for a kid under 30 years old is fuckin sad.
I hope the fuckin Queens stay on course and dish out long term top dollar to him, but I think Zimmer is too smart for that shit.

Word is we've still got a line out to Pickett, but unfortunately his body is damn near shot....he's a fuckin warrior but at 34, after 13 years or so of incredible abuse, he's at best got one more year of limited playing time left in him...no doubt his heart & desire is still strong as hell, but it's really time to put him out to stud......
KBen
KBen

Back to top Go down

Post by j82053 Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:34 pm

To much money for Shields, he's good but, not 30 mil good.

j82053

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:57 pm

KBen wrote:Ya cant teach speed and Shields has it.
From an undrafted FA learning a new position to where he is now in only a few years is quite impressive, that said I say again fucker really better learn to tackle and suck up pain better for that kinda scratch.....

Raji is a cunt.
Fat lazy shitbag has so much talent but doesnt want to play football, just wants to get paid over the top for pretending to.
there is no pride or killer instinct in his eyes, his posture, nor his play on the field in 3 years...and that for a kid under 30 years old is fuckin sad.
I hope the fuckin Queens stay on course and dish out long term top dollar to him, but I think Zimmer is too smart for that shit.

Word is we've still got a line out to Pickett, but unfortunately his body is damn near shot....he's a fuckin warrior but at 34, after 13 years or so of incredible abuse, he's at best got one more year of limited playing time left in him...no doubt his heart & desire is still strong as hell, but it's really time to put him out to stud......
I like the signing. The kid fucking makes plays, and I don't think he's peaked yet, either. You have to pay for playmakers, and now we don't have to burn our 1st-rounder on a CB.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:19 pm

j82053 wrote:To much money for Shields, he's good but, not 30 mil good.

Some other team would have paid him that much but it is still over the top. Now what is left for the rest of our defense. I am not sure if House and Hayward will improve at all or just plain get hurt again. Our guys in nickel have to become tacklers and hitters without the yellow flag.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:57 pm

milani wrote:
j82053 wrote:To much money for Shields, he's good but, not 30 mil good.

Some other team would have paid him that much but it is still over the top. Now what is left for the rest of our defense. I am not sure if House and Hayward will improve at all or just plain get hurt again. Our guys in nickel have to become tacklers and hitters without the yellow flag.

Maybe Kevin Greene leaving turns out to be a blessing (just sayin'........nothing behind that comment other than a 'maybe').    Something needs to happen to spark the Packers D into 2010 form and hopefully even better yet..........1996 form.  GO PACK GO !!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down