Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rodgers still not medically cleared to play

+4
JnC4GB
MB20
~Sheila~
duck
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rodgers still not medically cleared to play Empty Rodgers still not medically cleared to play

Post by duck Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Just wondering if anyone still thinks it's some kind of maneuver or conspiracy by McCarthy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Rodgers still not medically cleared to play Empty Re: Rodgers still not medically cleared to play

Post by ~Sheila~ Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:26 pm

Definitely not a maneuver! 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Rodgers still not medically cleared to play Empty Re: Rodgers still not medically cleared to play

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:43 pm

duck wrote:Just wondering if anyone still thinks it's some kind of maneuver or conspiracy by McCarthy.

The conservatism in this organization is absurd.  I guess if you never leave the house--you never have to worry about getting hit by a train, either.  The football God's couldn't have smiled upon them more for them even to still be in the game at this point...and they just keep on giving them a face wash over it.  Soon--the opportunities will have finally elapsed...and whose fault will it be? 

Good thing the Wild are bringin' in...   Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:14 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:Just wondering if anyone still thinks it's some kind of maneuver or conspiracy by McCarthy.

The conservatism in this organization is absurd.  I guess if you never leave the house--you never have to worry about getting hit by a train, either.  The football God's couldn't have smiled upon them more for them even to still be in the game at this point...and they just keep on giving them a face wash over it.  Soon--the opportunities will have finally elapsed...and whose fault will it be? 

It really is an interesting question.  Previously, you put it on McCarthy, suggesting that he was the one who oversaw the flow medical information.  I'm glad to see that you now recognize it's the Packer organization in fact that is being so conservative.

I find it highly unlikely that they would stubbornly or reflexively pass up this golden opportunity presented to them.  If the Packers win their next two games, they are in the playoffs -- and those chances go up immeasurably with Rodgers on the field.  Hard to believe they'd piss this away just to cross their "t"s and dot their "i"s regarding Rodgers' health.

I also can't imagine McCarthy now having any incentive whatsoever to ice Rodgers.  A few games back during the losing streak you could argue that he would want to keep Rodgers out to provide an excuse for a disastrous season... but now with a playoff berth within reach, it makes no sense.  Even though most of us doubt that the Packers could go far in the playoffs, the success of 2010 would be sufficient reason for Green Bay to want to at least make it to the dance floor.

My hunch is that Rodgers' injury unfortunately was worse than we were led to believe.  It was not a mere "chip fracture" but something more serious.

It's the only thing that really makes sense to me.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:54 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

It really is an interesting question.  Previously, you put it on McCarthy, suggesting that he was the one who oversaw the flow medical information.  I'm glad to see that you now recognize it's the Packer organization in fact that is being so conservative.

I find it highly unlikely that they would stubbornly or reflexively pass up this golden opportunity presented to them.  If the Packers win their next two games, they are in the playoffs -- and those chances go up immeasurably with Rodgers on the field.  Hard to believe they'd piss this away just to cross their "t"s and dot their "i"s regarding Rodgers' health.

I also can't imagine McCarthy now having any incentive whatsoever to ice Rodgers.  A few games back during the losing streak you could argue that he would want to keep Rodgers out to provide an excuse for a disastrous season... but now with a playoff berth within reach, it makes no sense.  Even though most of us doubt that the Packers could go far in the playoffs, the success of 2010 would be sufficient reason for Green Bay to want to at least make it to the dance floor.

My hunch is that Rodgers' injury unfortunately was worse than we were led to believe.  It was not a mere "chip fracture" but something more serious.

If that's the case--it's just another sign of weak leadership.  Deception invites scrutiny and suspicion.  Fuck--just be up front about it.  If you're gonna shut him down for the season--just fucking say so, rather than play this game of tickle-dick with the hope that just maybe something can be salvaged from the season in his return...

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:54 am

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

If that's the case--it's just another sign of weak leadership.  Deception invites scrutiny and suspicion.  Fuck--just be up front about it.  If you're gonna shut him down for the season--just fucking say so, rather than play this game of tickle-dick with the hope that just maybe something can be salvaged from the season in his return...

Who was it who said it was a chip fracture?  My recollection is that it was a medical student who was quoted in an "Ask Vic" column on Packers.com.  I don't recall McCarthy ever saying that.

I agree with you, if MM has been playing games with this, it's bullshit.

My take, however, especially from interpreting MM's body language from his periodic press conferences, is that he would dearly love to have Rodgers back and is indeed as frustrated as we are.  In his last press conference he mentioned specifically how sharp Rodgers threw the ball in his last practice.  I cannot now fathom any scenario in which MM would NOT want to get Rodgers back on the playing field with the Packers now controlling their own destiny.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:21 am

I didn't think collarbone injuries were so complicated as to be so shrouded in mystery like this. Which makes me inclined to think that it's the Green Bay Packers' handling of said collarbone injury that makes it appear to be shrouded in mystery.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:56 am

MB20 wrote:I didn't think collarbone injuries were so complicated as to be so shrouded in mystery like this. Which makes me inclined to think that it's the Green Bay Packers' handling of said collarbone injury that makes it appear to be shrouded in mystery.

I wonder who's calling the shots on this -- Thompson?  Murphy?

I also wonder if it could be creating any friction between them and McCarthy.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:44 pm

Using past history as a map, I feel comfortable in stating that the Packer's brass has a major stick up their ass about transparency. Belichick wannabees, basically.

They just aren't as good at it.

Then again, the tin-foil hatter in me does believe there has been a growing power struggle/rift happening between McCarthy and Rodgers, and that this festering situation has been now successfully parlayed by Fatty into neutering Rodgers.
Case in point: Last time Rodgers was out he got to "play" O-cord against the Pats. He called plays and had a direct line into Flynn's helmet. This year? He takes no part in even sideline conferences and looks removed from the loop during the game. Catch the video of the post-victory locker-room celebration last week? Rodgers was that speck in the background with his eyes looking at his feet while Fatty commanded Barclay to dance.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:09 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Using past history as a map, I feel comfortable in stating that the Packer's brass has a major stick up their ass about transparency. Belichick wannabees, basically.

They just aren't as good at it.

Then again, the tin-foil hatter in me does believe there has been a growing power struggle/rift happening between McCarthy and Rodgers, and that this festering situation has been now successfully parlayed by Fatty into neutering Rodgers.
Case in point: Last time Rodgers was out he got to "play" O-cord against the Pats. He called plays and had a direct line into Flynn's helmet. This year? He takes no part in even sideline conferences and looks removed from the loop during the game. Catch the video of the post-victory locker-room celebration last week? Rodgers was that speck in the background with his eyes looking at his feet while Fatty commanded Barclay to dance.

Just a few minutes ago Packers.com released a press report that was more hopeful about Rodgers. (See below.)  This whole deal has been such a tease.

Hard to tell if there's a festering issue between MM and Rodgers.  I agree there's been a few sideline incidents that suggest that, but these things can often get blown out of proportion.  I really don't know how to interpret all of this.  I do know that MM would be nuts to alienate his meal ticket.  Plus, since they both want to win they are hugely incentivized to cooperate with each other.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:47 pm

Posted by Vic Ketchman, packers.com editor on December 19, 2013 – 1:24 pm

GREEN BAY–Packers Coach Mike McCarthy sounded hopeful on Thursday when he answered questions regarding Aaron Rodgers’ attempt to play this Sunday.
“Aaron Rodgers practiced well today. We’ll have a conversation tomorrow. He’s still not medically cleared. He looked very good at practice. We’ll make sure we get Matt (Flynn) ready to play. Matt took the majority of the snaps. I’ll have an announcement tomorrow,” McCarthy said.

What you see above here is classic, standard PR put out by an in-house flack (Vic Ketchman). 
Smiling, happy picture? CHECK
Subjective and total bullshit headline? CHECK
Meaningless text with zero connection to said headline? CHECK 

Watch the video. There's zero chance of Rodgers playing. ZERO.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEd4748 Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:28 pm

None of this makes any sense at all.  If Rodgers looks good in practice but Flynn took most of the snaps, how the hell can they tell if Rodgers is ready to play?  MM is pissing the season down his leg.  I've come to expect this kind of indecision by Leslie Frazier, but that's just the Vikings' way of doing things.  There's a legitimate shot at the playoffs and MM is playing games with your post season chances.  Put in Rodgers and advance to the playoffs for Christsake!  One clusterfuck in the division is enough, already!

MrEd4748

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:52 pm

JnC4GB wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Posted by Vic Ketchman, packers.com editor on December 19, 2013 – 1:24 pm

GREEN BAY–Packers Coach Mike McCarthy sounded hopeful on Thursday when he answered questions regarding Aaron Rodgers’ attempt to play this Sunday.
“Aaron Rodgers practiced well today. We’ll have a conversation tomorrow. He’s still not medically cleared. He looked very good at practice. We’ll make sure we get Matt (Flynn) ready to play. Matt took the majority of the snaps. I’ll have an announcement tomorrow,” McCarthy said.

What you see above here is classic, standard PR put out by an in-house flack (Vic Ketchman). 
Smiling, happy picture? CHECK
Subjective and total bullshit headline? CHECK
Meaningless text with zero connection to said headline? CHECK 

Watch the video. There's zero chance of Rodgers playing. ZERO.

What did you expect?  A picture of Rodgers shooting daggers at McCarthy with the caption "We're fucked again"...?

That said, I agree with you.  It's Flynn again this week.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:54 pm

MrEd4748 wrote:None of this makes any sense at all.  If Rodgers looks good in practice but Flynn took most of the snaps, how the hell can they tell if Rodgers is ready to play?  MM is pissing the season down his leg.  Ah, but we don't know that it's MM doing this, Mr. Ed.  As I suggested earlier, it makes no sense for him to do so.  It's most likely coming from elsewhere in the organization.  I've come to expect this kind of indecision by Leslie Frazier, but that's just the Vikings' way of doing things.  There's a legitimate shot at the playoffs and MM is playing games with your post season chances.  Put in Rodgers and advance to the playoffs for Christsake!  One clusterfuck in the division is enough, already!
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:14 pm

"we don't know that it's MM doing this, Mr. Ed.  As I suggested earlier, it makes no sense for him to do so.  It's most likely coming from elsewhere in the organization."

Are you talkin' to me?
Are you talkin' to ME?
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:49 pm

Much of what coach Mike McCarthy said today suggested Aaron Rodgers is ready to play quarterback for the Packers this week.
But the team’s actions today strongly suggest Rodgers in fact won’t be cleared to face the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.

At his post-practice press conference, McCarthy at one point said Rodgers “looks ready to play.” But McCarthy said Rodgers still hasn’t been cleared to play, and the quarterback’s limited role in practice and terse session with reporters afterward were strong signs that he will miss a seventh straight game because of a broken collarbone.

It's an age-old gutless corporate policy dreamed up by some HR slapdick somewhere along the line where you pass the buck and place the responsibility for an unpopular/failed decision on someone who is unavailable/unreachable to answer for or be questioned over the unpopular/failed decision.  A warm welcome everyone to Dr. Patrick McKenzie!

The ultimate decision on whether Rodgers plays or not is ultimately the Albino's...  However, he employs a strictly traditional decision-making tree where you make the decisions that your job performance is based on--and you'll be judged accordingly.  What that means is that McFatty is the one who is hiding under the skirt of the good Doctor--as McFatty is judged on W/L's so therefore has purview over what players suit up to affect the outcome...

The most troubling tell in this scenario is that fact that they are choosing to manage this situation in this way.  It almost always is reflective of the feeling of need to provide an insular cover to either a flat-out deception or to shroud an ulterior motive behind the decision--and as I've profiled, every finger points to Fatty.

Rodgers himself impressively is approaching the thing completely rationally in identifying that it is a risk/reward equation.  He feels 100% and is eager to out there and compete and is completely frustrated by what the underlying reasons could be to not letting him play.  Fatty hides behind McKenzie yet McKenzie says what Fatty tells him to say.

The bottom line is--something is VERY wrong here if Rodgers doesn't start this game.  It's only tantamount to a playoff game for the Pack, after all...

Last edited by _HD_ on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEd4748 Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:54 pm

The Pack has to win out to make the playoffs, right?   Play him!  End of discussion.  Apparently, Rodgers doesn't have any say in this at all.  Is that right?

MrEd4748

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:04 pm

MrEd4748 wrote:The Pack has to win out to make the playoffs, right?   Play him!  End of discussion.  Apparently, Rodgers doesn't have any say in this at all.  Is that right?

Apparently not.  That, in and of itself, is very telling and possibly reflective of an insecurity disconnect in McFatty overcompensating, as JnC has speculated, in proving (likely mostly to himself) who holds the power there...

There very likely will be long-term ramifications as a result of what's taking place here.  Rodgers isn't stupid.  It'll soon become clear to him, if it hasn't already, that McKenzie isn't the one calling the shots here.  Ruled out--but yet no new scans ordered to support it?  Scans aren't good for you--and should be done only when medically necessary...so--is this really a medical decision?  You tell me.

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:00 pm

_HD_ wrote:Much of what coach Mike McCarthy said today suggested Aaron Rodgers is ready to play quarterback for the Packers this week.
But the team’s actions today strongly suggest Rodgers in fact won’t be cleared to face the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.

At his post-practice press conference, McCarthy at one point said Rodgers “looks ready to play.” But McCarthy said Rodgers still hasn’t been cleared to play, and the quarterback’s limited role in practice and terse session with reporters afterward were strong signs that he will miss a seventh straight game because of a broken collarbone.

It's an age-old gutless corporate policy dreamed up by some HR slapdick somewhere along the line where you pass the buck and place the responsibility for an unpopular/failed decision on someone who is unavailable/unreachable to answer for or be questioned over the unpopular/failed decision.  A warm welcome everyone to Dr. Patrick McKenzie!

The ultimate decision on whether Rodgers plays or not is ultimately the Albino's...  However, he employs a strictly traditional decision-making tree where you make the decisions that your job performance is based on--and you'll be judged accordingly.  What that means is that McFatty is the one who is hiding under the skirt of the good Doctor--as McFatty is judged on W/L's so therefore has purview over what players suit up to affect the outcome...

The most troubling tell in this scenario is that fact that they are choosing to manage this situation in this way.  It almost always is reflective of the feeling of need to provide an insular cover to either a flat-out deception or to shroud an ulterior motive behind the decision--and as I've profiled, every finger points to Fatty.

Rodgers himself impressively is approaching the thing completely rationally in identifying that it is a risk/reward equation.  He feels 100% and is eager to out there and compete and is completely frustrated by what the underlying reasons could be to not letting him play.  Fatty hides behind McKenzie yet McKenzie says what Fatty tells him to say.

The bottom line is--something is VERY wrong here if Rodgers doesn't start this game.  It's only tantamount to a playoff game for the Pack, after all...

Like I said, let's make it a "Fuck Fatty" week.  

I agree the situation stinks and is downright fishy.  However, we are indeed in playoff mode and having Rodgers on the field could only benefit the team and McCarthy himself. For you to suggest McCarthy is intentionally scuttling our playoff hopes is completely illogical.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:07 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:Much of what coach Mike McCarthy said today suggested Aaron Rodgers is ready to play quarterback for the Packers this week.

Like I said, let's make it a "Fuck Fatty" week.  

I agree the situation stinks and is downright fishy.  However, we are indeed in playoff mode and having Rodgers on the field could only benefit the team and McCarthy himself. For you to suggest McCarthy is intentionally scuttling our playoff hopes is completely illogical.

Of course it's outwardly illogical.  Your flaw in in your inability to see how people make outwardly illogical decisions every day.  There clearly something else going on here, Duck--and you're naive if you can't see that...

Aaron Rodgers officially out for seventh week
Posted by Darin Gantt on December 20, 2013, 1:52 PM EST
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] AP
What looked inevitable is now official.
The Packers have officially ruled [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] out Sunday, meaning their playoff hopes will rest with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] once again.
That pushes Rodgers’ absence to seven weeks with a broken collarbone.
“A lot of conversation about Aaron, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] we feel he’s not ready to play,” Packers coach Mike McCarthy said, via Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com. “Not medically cleared.”

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:07 pm

One further thought here is that MM is trying to pull a stunt here... who would he be fooling?  TT, Murphy and everyone in the Packer organization know exactly what's really going on too, so how could MM get any possible benefit regarding job security or anything else from trying to manipulate a situation in front of his superiors who have access to the same information he does???
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:10 pm

There clearly something else going on here, Duck--and you're naive if you can't see that...

Oh, there's something very strange going on.  I don't have to see it... I can smell it.

However, the stink isn't coming from McCarthy.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:25 pm

duck wrote:There clearly something else going on here, Duck--and you're naive if you can't see that...

Oh, there's something very strange going on.  I don't have to see it... I can smell it.

Of course not, Duck.  You're on the record as preordaining Fatty *Coach of the Year* so the stink couldn't possibly be coming from his corpulent ass.  We get it.   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:35 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:There clearly something else going on here, Duck--and you're naive if you can't see that...

Of course not, Duck.  You're on the record as preordaining Fatty *Coach of the Year* so the stink couldn't possibly be coming from his corpulent ass.  We get it.   Laughing

What's this about not putting polarized exaggerations in the other person's mouth?

Anyway, I just had a radical thought.  Not that I necessarily buy it but... what if all this is on the up and up and Rodgers is indeed not medically ready?  What if the doctor truly has noticed that the bone hasn't sufficiently healed and that in his professional opinion the risk-reward of putting Rodgers on the field wasn't worth it?

We keep looking for conspiracies but maybe we're getting the truth.

Again, mind you, something still seems fishy to me, but I haven't dismissed this most obvious possibility either.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:15 pm

Remember when the report came out weeks ago that the Pack were holding internal discussions about predetermining to just shut down Rodgers for the season?  Yeah--I guess we now know what they decided...

The God's WON'T let them win this game with the way their goodwill is being exploited.   Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next