Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCarthy says Woodson cleared to play

3 posters

Go down

McCarthy says Woodson cleared to play Empty McCarthy says Woodson cleared to play

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:33 pm

I thought that they might be saving him for next year !

Back to top Go down

McCarthy says Woodson cleared to play Empty Re: McCarthy says Woodson cleared to play

Post by milani Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:03 pm

There is not much to save when you have played as long as he has. It's now or never.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

McCarthy says Woodson cleared to play Empty Re: McCarthy says Woodson cleared to play

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:20 pm

Its now or never for the next likely Packers Hall of Famer after Dave Robinson and Brett Favre.

Also, future Hall of Famer Ray Lewis retired. GO PACKERs
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:38 am

I've knocked Woodson's play for a while now. Though he's still no slouch, he's obviously not the player he used to be.

However, I'm thrilled to have him back for the playoffs because he's got both experience and charisma. Justified or not, his mere presence in the game is going to give a psychological boost to the Packers and put a little fear into the Vikes.

I hope they use him on some pressure packages. Like HD said earlier, the key to the game is rattling Ponder. I'm willing to give up 100+ yards to AP if we can spook Ponder and get him to cough up the ball once or twice.

If the Packers succeed in getting the early lead and force the Vikes to rely on Ponder, it's game over. Could/should be a rout.

However if the Vikes get the early lead and can continue to pound with Peterson, the game could well end up as a coin flip.

Usually I like to see the Packers defer and get the ball first in the second half but this is one game I'd like to see us get it first and just stuff it down their throats. Then let Matthews and, yes, Woodson work their magic.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:01 pm

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.......TURNOVERS WIN GAMES.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down