Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slocum Blows

5 posters

Go down

Slocum Blows Empty Slocum Blows

Post by ffaralli Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:18 pm

Milani said in another post the o-line cost us this game.

They helped.

It was numerous gaffes from Slocum and company. Long kickoff and long punt return. Offsides by Perry on FG attempt at the end of the game. Fake punt by Pittsburgh that we fell for.

SS sucks....the only thing they did well was Hyde's punt and kickoff returns. (I really like that kid Hyde, smart player).

Flynn also made a few bad reads in the read zone. Twice we got FGs there and at the end we got dick.

O-line had 4-5 major holding penalties, all 5 of those dickheads (except maybe Lang).

Andrew Quarless made the boneheaded play of the game, running into Flynn, there was no reason for that.

And the D gave up 31 points, no matter how you sugar coat it.

Lets face it, this team is a .500 team without Rodgers (with a little luck).

I hope the Bears win tonite (I hate the friggin Iggles) and put this miserable season to an end. That way we don't get embarrased by Seattle or SF or Carolina in January.

And thanks MM and TT for waiting until November to get us a decent backup QB.

Now refuse to resign him so that MM can keep and develop Tolzien, the interception machine, and then cut him in two years when he ends up another Harrell.

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Slocum Blows Empty Re: Slocum Blows

Post by JnC4GB Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:21 pm

ffaralli wrote:
FF

Umm, Flynn threw a pick six AND fumbled on his own 9 yard line, Sugar.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:26 pm

Flynn did exactly the same thing at the end of this game as he did at the end of the Patriots game in 2010- horribly mismanaged the clock and threw a shitty pass in the end zone because he can't progress beyond his first read. But, MM HAS to tell Flynn to get that fucking play off when the ref blows his whistle... I couldn't believe how long he dicked around getting that ball snapped. He's a nice backup. Hard to keep winning when you have to play him in 5 straight games, though.

Also, nice run/pass balance by COTY... 30+ passes for Flynn, 15 or so carries for Lacy. Another excellent week in the film room for MM

The only reason Slocum still has a job (besides who his boss is) is that kickoffs were moved back to the 35, which enabled him to mask his awful coverage units. I agree that his units shit themselves all afternoon. He is one of so, so many changes that need to happen on this team this coming off-season.

What a frustrating season. I'm sure that after much reflection and soul-searching, MM's response will be to blame the season entirely on injuries and place the team in a hermetically sealed bubble so they'll never have to experience contact at all

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:28 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
ffaralli wrote:
FF

Umm, Flynn threw a pick six AND fumbled on his own 9 yard line, Sugar.

Aside from Jennings, I don't think the defense was spectacularly awful today. Aside from Hawk's INT, they didn't do a lot to distinguish themselves, either, but I've seen them do worse.

The Quarless play FF referenced was also Flynn's fault

Last edited by MB20 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:29 pm

ffaralli wrote:Milani said in another post the o-line cost us this game.

They helped.

It was numerous gaffes from Slocum and company. Long kickoff and long punt return. Offsides by Perry on FG attempt at the end of the game. Fake punt by Pittsburgh that we fell for.

SS sucks....the only thing they did well was Hyde's punt and kickoff returns. (I really like that kid Hyde, smart player).

Flynn also made a few bad reads in the read zone. Twice we got FGs there and at the end we got dick.

O-line had 4-5 major holding penalties, all 5 of those dickheads (except maybe Lang).

Andrew Quarless made the boneheaded play of the game, running into Flynn, there was no reason for that.

I hope the Bears win tonite (I hate the friggin Iggles) and put this miserable season to an end. That way we don't get embarrased by Seattle or SF or Carolina in January.

Now refuse to resign him so that MM can keep and develop Tolzien, the interception machine, and then cut him in two years when he ends up another Harrell.

FF
Firstly, recognize that Flynn is not Rodgers and MM still clings to the idea that he is. He is not going to make all those red zone plays no matter who is in front of him. He'll make some of them. Also, recognize he cannot execute the stretch play without a FB like Rodgers or even Big Ben can. And also recognize that he cannot pick up a blitz like ARod. Reference the first sack of the game. And recognize that in space he is not as skilled as Rodgers. Reference his fumble.

A number of times with us ahead or even slightly behind MM has 1st and 10 and he calls a pass play that goes incomplete or thrown away. He runs Eddie or Starks for 4 yards and we get 3rd and 6 or 7 putting Flynn behind the 8 ball.  Run Lacy or Starks for 3 or 4 on 1st down and you have a manageable 2nd down that could be run or play action. And then you still have another play to gain 3 or 4 yards and a 1st down.

We deserved to lose. But after watching the Pats do away with the Ravens I can't help but wonder how a coach like Bellicheck would have managed a game like this right down to the last play.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:29 pm

Not going to blame Flynn; he is who he is and he gave it his best shot. Fucker came to play...for what that's worth.

Fatty McFuckstick on the other hand?

I'm done.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:32 pm

milani wrote:We deserved to lose. But after watching the Pats do away with the Ravens I can't help but wonder how a coach like Bellicheck would have managed a game like this right down to the last play.

I've wondered a lot, too, about what Belichick would have done with this team over the second half of this season. I'm pretty confident we wouldn't have seen the gong shows that were on display for many of these Sundays.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:33 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Not going to blame Flynn; he is who he is and he gave it his best shot. Fucker came to play...for what that's worth.

I'm done.

The special teams coverage was not very good as we saw. But if Crosby could kick it out of the end zone in the same direction in the second half how does he kick so short on the final drive of the first half? Did the wind suddenly shift?
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Slocum Blows Empty Flynn is not Rodgers....

Post by ffaralli Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:41 pm

Firstly, recognize that Flynn is not Rodgers and MM still clings to the idea that he is. He is not going to make all those red zone plays no matter who is in front of him. He'll make some of them.

So true....he doesn't make anything out of a play that breaks down.  And he is much slower going through his progressions.

He is a decent backup QB. Will keep you in the game and not turn the ball over a whole lot. Play within himself.

With your starting QB out was the time to rely on your running game and defense.

We have only the former on this team.

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:53 pm

And Brad Jones... why on Earth is he starting over Lattimore. That makes NO sense.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:56 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Not going to blame Flynn; he is who he is and he gave it his best shot. Fucker came to play...for what that's worth.

I'm done.

Hey now, you barstoool blowhard!

Seriously, though, all those times that I pissed and moaned when the Packers played like shit but won, and so many people were like, "Hey, what the fuck? We WON. Nothing makes you happy" This is why I wasn't happy- because if sloppy play hadn't become acceptable and typical, they win today. Let's face it- the mistakes made today weren't exactly out of character for this team.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:04 pm

And with a playoff spot on the line, the Bears respond by going down 0-21 in the first 12 minutes. They should just make this whole piece of shit division play in the CFL next season

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Maybe that Lion devouring of us on Thanksgiving left them with an instestinal disease from which they have not recovered. Losing to the Giants when you are ahead in the 4th quarter from a pick 6. Then not able to take advantage of a fumble in the OT.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:25 am

I'm done.

Welcome aboard.  The team showed up weeks ago...   Wink 

No Matthews next week.  No Lacy.  Undoubtedly Rodgers will remain under house arrest...but hey--we've got Don Barclay to jump at only the most critical time in the game....  Otherwise--they just took turns choking out there--right when crunch time arrived.   Rolling Eyes 

The clock management to end the game was downright obscene.  Inside the ten with ten seconds and they only can manage to get one play off?  What can you do but smile...

Mike McCarthy is a thief of what could have been.  Poor choices and wrong calls from the leadership of this team is what produced this shitshow this season--and from here, I hate to say--the trend isn't promising given what we're seeing of McFatty's personal dysfunction.  I sure hope Rodgers can rise above.

...but never fear.  Duck will be along soon with another weekly lesson on how to shun reality and fear the truth.  Sure, there are some good things about this team...but for as long as McFuckstick is here--it'll just be a damnation poisoned with rainbows...  Cool 

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see Armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation from this

Bullshit three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks

Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call Green bay
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking time. Any fucking day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:43 pm

ffaralli wrote:Milani said in another post the o-line cost us this game.

They helped.

It was numerous gaffes from Slocum and company. Long kickoff and long punt return. Offsides by Perry on FG attempt at the end of the game. Fake punt by Pittsburgh that we fell for.  I agree... if I were to assign the primary blame for this particular loss it would go to special teams.

I hope the Bears win tonite (I hate the friggin Iggles) and put this miserable season to an end. That way we don't get embarrased by Seattle or SF or Carolina in January.  (See, JnC... here's another example.)  Why would you NOT want to see the Packers play another game, Faralli?  i don't get it.  Sure, our team is not going to win the Super Bowl, but as I said earlier, even a .001% chance is better than a 0% chance.  I ALWAYS want my team to advance to the next level, whether it's the playoffs, wild card round, divisional round, conference round, etc.

FF
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down