Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 games left... 1 game back

3 posters

Go down

6 games left... 1 game back Empty 6 games left... 1 game back

Post by duck Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:23 pm

Here's a reality check.  As badly as the Packers have sucked in the last three weeks without Rodgers, we are still in the playoff hunt.  Without going into the Wild Card calculations (which clearly do not favor us), in our division we are only one game back of both Detroit and Chicago... with six to play.  We also have three remaining divisional games, one against each of them.

If we get Rodgers back, the playoffs are far from being out of the question.

Of course if he doesn't come back soon, you can kiss this season goodbye.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

6 games left... 1 game back Empty Re: 6 games left... 1 game back

Post by MB20 Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:34 pm

I'm not even sure the Packers can win that pillowfight next Sunday against the Vikings. If they can't, kiss the playoffs goodbye regardless of whether Rodgers plays on Thanksgiving or not.

But regardless, this obviously isn't a serious Super Bowl contender anyway, so even if they do make the playoffs, it's really hard to imagine them advancing. There are a whole load of problems with this team.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:41 pm

MB20 wrote:I'm not even sure the Packers can win that pillowfight next Sunday against the Vikings. If they can't, kiss the playoffs goodbye regardless of whether Rodgers plays on Thanksgiving or not.

But regardless, this obviously isn't a serious Super Bowl contender anyway, so even if they do make the playoffs, it's really hard to imagine them advancing. There are a whole load of problems with this team.
The chances of this team making the Super Bowl are minimal indeed.  I have no illusions there.

All I'm saying is they still have a shot at the playoffs and, if they can get in, better a long shot that no shot at all.  I'd still rather see them MAKE the fucking playoffs and get an early exit than not get there at all.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:46 pm

MB20 wrote:I'm not even sure the Packers can win that pillowfight next Sunday against the Vikings. If they can't, kiss the playoffs goodbye regardless of whether Rodgers plays on Thanksgiving or not.

Truthfully, there is probably not a team we could beat in the league right now without Rodgers save Jacksonville. And even the Jags have showed some spark the last couple weeks with Henne. So for every game he is out it's a loss. We don't have a good enough team to win games without him. Makes you actually appreciate Lovie Smith for getting to a SB with Rex Grossman.

You have to figure that we would have to win out to win the division or at least win all but the Dallas game which should be a predictable defeat even with Rodgers. The Bears and Lions are done playing each other and looking at their schedules they will finish 10-6 or 11-5. A wild card is not in play for us. You have to accept that Carolina and Frisco are the wild card front runners with Seattle and New Orleans winning their divisions easily. Only one team will come out of the NFC East. We should plan on playing our SB in the season finale against the Bears and doing all we can to knock them out. Leave no stone unturned. Let the Lions have their long awaited place as a division winner. They will probably be one and done anyway.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down