Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One & 1/2 games back with 4 to play

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

One & 1/2 games back with 4 to play Empty One & 1/2 games back with 4 to play

Post by JnC4GB Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:17 am

The Lions play AT Philadelphia next Sunday while we get the Falcons at Lambeau with, I assume, Aaron Rodgers back under Center.
As such, it is not unreasonable to think we could very well be only a half game out of first with three games to play.

Sorry, fellow assholes, but if this shitshow of a season turns out to have a playoff game included, color me STILL INTERESTED. And should the season also include knocking the 49ers or Cowboys out of the playoffs at Lambeau in Week 1 of the playoffs I'd put this shitshow season to bed surprisingly satisfied no matter how bad we got stomped the following game.

WOULDN'T YOU?

I'm still rooting for this team.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

One & 1/2 games back with 4 to play Empty Re: One & 1/2 games back with 4 to play

Post by throttleplate Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:38 am

when do the real players come back?these replacement players are lousy.Tolz will be starting sunday.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

One & 1/2 games back with 4 to play Empty Re: One & 1/2 games back with 4 to play

Post by duck Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:47 am

Of course I would like to see the Packers win the division and sneak into the playoffs!  That's the goal every year.  Obviously it's much nicer to have a legit Super Bowl contender... but, really, just getting to the playoffs makes it at least a satisfactory season.  For this team to make it after enduring all the injuries and the 0-4-1 run, culminating in one of the worst Packer losses ever, would actually be very sweet.

However, although it's certainly mathematically possible, I think we have a snowball's chance in hell.

First of all, if we don't get a healthy Rodgers back for all four games, it's more likely this team will lose all four games.  Even if we do get #12, how much rust is he going to have?  And can he overcome that shitpile our defense has become?  I could see us going 3-1 or 2-2 even WITH Rodgers.

There are rumblings that Rodgers won't even come back (see below).  Frankly, this is what I'd like to see.  Keep him healthy and let's focus on next year.

That's my dose of realism, even though, yes, I would start to get excited should the Lions stumble and the Packers begin to put it together with Rodgers under center.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:19 pm

duck wrote:Of course I would like to see the Packers win the division and sneak into the playoffs!  That's the goal every year.  Obviously it's much nicer to have a legit Super Bowl contender... but, really, just getting to the playoffs makes it at least a satisfactory season.  For this team to make it after enduring all the injuries and the 0-4-1 run, culminating in one of the worst Packer losses ever, would actually be very sweet.

However, although it's certainly mathematically possible, I think we have a snowball's chance in hell.

First of all, if we don't get a healthy Rodgers back for all four games, it's more likely this team will lose all four games.  Even if we do get #12, how much rust is he going to have?  And can he overcome that shitpile our defense has become?  I could see us going 3-1 or 2-2 even WITH Rodgers.

There are rumblings that Rodgers won't even come back (see below).  Frankly, this is what I'd like to see.  Keep him healthy and let's focus on next year.

That's my dose of realism, even though, yes, I would start to get excited should the Lions stumble and the Packers begin to put it together with Rodgers under center.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It is what it is. Frankly, you'd like to see Tolzien get his reps. The kid has an arm and we saw he has dancing feet. He just has not had the time to learn and play the game. Can he be better than Ponder someday? I think so. With that offensive line will he run for his life? Yes. But compared to those QBs after Lynn Dickey he has some potential.

Like to see our 2013 highlight video in the off season. Ringo might be in it for all we know.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:44 pm

JnC4GB wrote:The Lions play AT Philadelphia next Sunday while we get the Falcons at Lambeau with, I assume, Aaron Rodgers back under Center.
As such, it is not unreasonable to think we could very well be only a half game out of first with three games to play.

Sorry, fellow assholes, but if this shitshow of a season turns out to have a playoff game included, color me STILL INTERESTED. And should the season also include knocking the 49ers or Cowboys out of the playoffs at Lambeau in Week 1 of the playoffs I'd put this shitshow season to bed surprisingly satisfied no matter how bad we got stomped the following game.

WOULDN'T YOU?

Cool.  You never stop rooting--but if the leadership of this organization continues to throw in the towel like they have on this season by not playing Rodgers when everyone knows he could have/wanted to play--how can you fault many of the players by giving up the way they essentially have?  If Rodgers doesn't play this week--you can flat out count on Fatty losing this entire team--if anyone still remains--and the ramifications of that will extend into the future for as long as the fat man is in GB... 

Everyone on that team knows Rodgers is ready/willing to play...and if they continue holding him out under the pretense of fear of injury at the expense of the team putting forth it's best effort to win--then hey, why the fuck should I go out there and bust a nut to possibly get myself Finley'd over it?  The decision is incredibly weak, gutless and unfair to those players like Jordy Nelson and Josh Sitton and Eddie Lacy and Ryan Pickett who just go out there every game and bring it with their best...  Are they somehow immune from the risk of injury?

As I said before--the decision to have not been playing Rodgers the past two games and certainly from this point forward--reaks of a Head Coach content to leverage the perception of injuries as the basis behind this catastrophe in a self-preservation plea.  My all-world QB was out with injury until it was too late--so why risk further injury when the season is being mailed in anyway?  I'll just chew a lot of gum and stand up there like Ray Rhodes and Leslie Frazier and repeat over and over--*we didn't execute.  We need to get that cleaned up* and try to get back after it next year.  The bottom line is the dude doesn't believe they can win without Rodgers, yet won't play him for reasons that are self-serving...and the players in that room can easily see through the bullshit.  Coaching Scared 101--but yeah--I'm gonna rip your ass a new one again if you keep losing.

Beyond the abysmal performance on the field, I'm personally embarrassed to have a Head Coach like this leading the Green Bay Packers.  The guy folded right when they needed him most and the team promptly went out and hit a bridge support to make sure he got what he deserved.  A strong leadership presence among the players on the team might have avoided this--but draft/develop doesn't allow for that either...

Next season will be a HUGE challenge for the McFatty...and thankfully prove to be his final year--but the turkey this year has already long-since been baked.  As we've discussed, the oven was already preheating when they decided to play the season without a legit RT.  Rodgers goes down?  No problem.  Next man up.  I'm Mike McCarthy.  It's the system that makes us winners.  Riiiiiiight... 

Being arrogant and not too bright are a bad fucking combination...

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:29 pm

HD:  Everyone on that team knows Rodgers is ready/willing to play

You say that with great conviction.  However, everything I've read indicates that Rodgers has not been ready.  No doubt he has expressed an eagerness to play (what else is he supposed to say?) but my understanding is that his injury is not healed sufficiently.

Where do you get your information to the contrary?
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:52 pm

duck wrote:HD:  Everyone on that team knows Rodgers is ready/willing to play

You say that with great conviction.  However, everything I've read indicates that Rodgers has not been ready.  No doubt he has expressed an eagerness to play (what else is he supposed to say?) but my understanding is that his injury is not healed sufficiently.

...and what is the source to what you've read?  That's right--  The organization. 

Start to read between the lines, Duck...  It's all right there...

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:55 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:HD:  Everyone on that team knows Rodgers is ready/willing to play

...and what is the source to what you've read?  That's right--  The organization. 

Start to read between the lines, Duck...  It's all right there...
My sources are Cheesehead TV, Bleacher Report, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal, Green Bay Gazette, Packers.com, NFL Network, and of course the drunks in my sports bar.  Very Happy    I've never heard anyone say that Rodgers was ready and that the Packers were simply keeping him on ice.

You might be right -- and if indeed you are, I agree with the thrust of your argument -- but I'd sure like to see some factual support.

Last edited by duck on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:58 pm

_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:The Lions play AT Philadelphia next Sunday while we get the Falcons at Lambeau with, I assume, Aaron Rodgers back under Center.

WOULDN'T YOU?

Cool.  You never stop rooting--but if the leadership of this organization continues to throw in the towel like they have on this season by not playing Rodgers when everyone knows he could have/wanted to play--how can you fault many of the players by giving up the way they essentially have?  If Rodgers doesn't play this week--you can flat out count on Fatty losing this entire team--if anyone still remains--and the ramifications of that will extend into the future for as long as the fat man is in GB... 

Everyone on that team knows Rodgers is ready/willing to play...and if they continue holding him out under the pretense of fear of injury at the expense of the team putting forth it's best effort to win--then hey, why the fuck should I go out there and bust a nut to possibly get myself Finley'd over it?  The decision is incredibly weak, gutless and unfair to those players like Jordy Nelson and Josh Sitton and Eddie Lacy and Ryan Pickett who just go out there every game and bring it with their best...  Are they somehow immune from the risk of injury?

As I said before--the decision to have not been playing Rodgers the past two games and certainly from this point forward--reaks of a Head Coach content to leverage the perception of injuries as the basis behind this catastrophe in a self-preservation plea.  My all-world QB was out with injury until it was too late--so why risk further injury when the season is being mailed in anyway?  I'll just chew a lot of gum and stand up there like Ray Rhodes and Leslie Frazier and repeat over and over--*we didn't execute.  We need to get that cleaned up* and try to get back after it next year.  The bottom line is the dude doesn't believe they can win without Rodgers, yet won't play him for reasons that are self-serving...and the players in that room can easily see through the bullshit.  Coaching Scared 101--but yeah--I'm gonna rip your ass a new one again if you keep losing.

Beyond the abysmal performance on the field, I'm personally embarrassed to have a Head Coach like this leading the Green Bay Packers.  The guy folded right when they needed him most and the team promptly went out and hit a bridge support to make sure he got what he deserved.  A strong leadership presence among the players on the team might have avoided this--but draft/develop doesn't allow for that either...

Next season will be a HUGE challenge for the McFatty...and thankfully prove to be his final year--but the turkey this year has already long-since been baked.  As we've discussed, the oven was already preheating when they decided to play the season without a legit RT.  Rodgers goes down?  No problem.  Next man up.  I'm Mike McCarthy.  It's the system that makes us winners.  Riiiiiiight... 

Best post you've had in a while, old man. Cool 

(Still a complete pussy move on the predictions, though)
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:57 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

WOULDN'T YOU?

Best post you've had in a while, old man. Cool 

(Still a complete pussy move on the predictions, though)
Laughing   Maybe.  I was just trying to be more like Duck and be able to stick my nose into a fresh, steaming pile and smell nothing but morning dew on the daisies.  Picking the Pack to lose every week would make it harder to successfully reach that level of delusion...and I've got a goal of traveling to his sports bar this weekend and fitting in like stink on shit with homer regs there...  Wink 

Actually--investing the time to try to figure out how much the Pack was going to lose by each week somehow just didn't do it for me--especially when you have to plan for your Head Coach to be such an imbecile.  If he doesn't play Rodgers this week--the next step will be someone in that locker room soon either on/off the record ripping Fatty for mailing in the season at the midpoint with a record that, although not up to the usual standard--still was a situation that half the teams in the league would have been sprung to have...

Duck says...what verified official source do you cite in suggesting that Rodgers was *ready and willing to play*  Duh?  Did he actually watch the Lion's game?  It reminds me of the Queen's/Pack game won by the Pack like 38-0 after Childress refused to let Troy Williamson attend the funeral of his Grandmother who raised him--and he walked out and said--cut me then...

That team was loaded with quit from the opening kickoff... Fatty rips up everybody's ass in the locker room after the queens game (that his own desperate against-the-grain game-management decision lost...spends the week hammering everyone about how the Lion's game was must win...and then punts on his team by refusing to play his best player who was cleared to practice and was chomping at the bit to start.  The leader didn't walk the talk.  Reasons produce systemic collective heartless performances like that.

Last edited by _HD_ on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:05 pm

WOULDN'T YOU?

Hell yes I am rootin' JnC..........also am waitin'  for the Packers D to wake up.  GO PACK PACK PACK GO.........we won't know until we know.   GO PACKERs.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:01 pm

HD:  Duck says...what verified official source do you cite in suggesting that Rodgers was *ready and willing to play* 

I'm not saying "verified official source"... I'm saying any source.  Just show me anything whatsoever.  This would indeed be big news if Rodgers was not just ready and willing to play but medically cleared to do so -- and McCarthy prevented him.  It would be all over the internet.  Even if they tried to keep it under wraps, you'd think there would be some leaks.  But... nothing.  I haven't even heard any speculation... even a whiff of it anywhere.  Not even by Florio or any of the more opinionated columnists.  And I comb the internet looking for such information.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:08 pm

HD:  I've got a goal of traveling to his sports bar this weekend and fitting in like stink on shit with homer regs there

I thought I told you, HD. It's hardly a group of homers.  It's much like our board.  We've got our Milani.  We've got our Bergamo.  And of course plenty of Ringos.

Come on out for a visit sometime.  Some of Randy's old sources are in the neighborhood so we can keep you as dunk and high as you like while you concoct more exotic stories about the behind-the-scenes machinations at 1265 Lombardi Ave.  Very Happy 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:02 pm

duck wrote:HD:  I've got a goal of traveling to his sports bar this weekend and fitting in like stink on shit with homer regs there

I thought I told you, HD. It's hardly a group of homers.  It's much like our board.  We've got our Milani.  We've got our Bergamo.  And of course plenty of Ringos.

Come on out for a visit sometime.  Some of Randy's old sources are in the neighborhood so we can keep you as dunk and high as you like while you concoct more exotic stories about the behind-the-scenes machinations at 1265 Lombardi Ave.  Very Happy 
What a special bird!  In turn, I'll grab a couple handfuls of clues for you so maybe you won't need to view the documentary on the history channel years later in order to identify what really happens!  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:08 pm

duck wrote:HD:  Duck says...what verified official source do you cite in suggesting that Rodgers was *ready and willing to play* 

I'm not saying "verified official source"... I'm saying any source.  Just show me anything whatsoever.  This would indeed be big news if Rodgers was not just ready and willing to play but medically cleared to do so -- and McCarthy prevented him.  It would be all over the internet.  Even if they tried to keep it under wraps, you'd think there would be some leaks.  But... nothing.  I haven't even heard any speculation... even a whiff of it anywhere.  Not even by Florio or any of the more opinionated columnists.  And I comb the internet looking for such information.
LOL!  If a duck shits in the pond and no one is there to see the bubbles--did it really happen?  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:16 am

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:HD:  Duck says...what verified official source do you cite in suggesting that Rodgers was *ready and willing to play* 

LOL!  If a duck shits in the pond and no one is there to see the bubbles--did it really happen?  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm serious, HD.  You've put forth a very elaborate and detailed theory -- and used it to hang McCarthy.  I might be inclined to get a rope and join the lynch mob if indeed it was the truth.  If McCarthy intentionally took out of action a completely (perhaps a better word would be "sufficiently" or "appropriately") healed Aaron Rodgers and instead went with his third and fourth string quarterbacks, tanked a few games, knowingly and intentionally put an inferior product on the field, and created locker room resentment from an injury double-standard -- well, that's fucked up and that's not what I want to see from the coach of the Green Bay Packers.

If that is indeed the truth, it's going to bubble to the surface.  However, at this point, it's mere speculation on your part.  I've seen nothing whatsoever... anywhere... that even remotely substantiates your theory.

So, while I enjoy the cute graphic, once again, I was really hoping for more substance from you.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:48 am

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

I'm serious, HD.  You've put forth a very elaborate and detailed theory -- and used it to hang McCarthy.  I might be inclined to get a rope and join the lynch mob if indeed it was the truth.  If McCarthy intentionally took out of action a completely (perhaps a better word would be "sufficiently" or "appropriately") healed Aaron Rodgers and instead went with his third and fourth string quarterbacks, tanked a few games, knowingly and intentionally put an inferior product on the field, and created locker room resentment from an injury double-standard -- well, that's fucked up and that's not what I want to see from the coach of the Green Bay Packers.

If that is indeed the truth, it's going to bubble to the surface.  However, at this point, it's mere speculation on your part.  I've seen nothing whatsoever... anywhere... that even remotely substantiates your theory.

So, while I enjoy the cute graphic, once again, I was really hoping for more substance from you.
Of course it's speculation Duck...  Although, get it right.  He didn't/isn't intentionally tanking games...although that's the obvious byproduct as it is hard to argue the product he puts on the field without Rodgers isn't inferior to what a Rodgers in the lineup does for the team...

Beyond that--what do you call a situation where someone with a lousy chip fracture and 4 week recovery time isn't in there 6 weeks later with serious plants floated that Rodgers might not come back at all this season?

Like I said--watch what happens with that locker room.  If Rodgers continues to be held out--this shit will find a way out.  Rodgers has all but said he's been ready to go and McCarthy has obviously placed a gag order on anyone in the organization but him officially talking about it.  McFatty is a bigger idiot than I thought if Rodgers doesn't come back this week...  He just doesn't hold the juice to wrap this without making himself look real bad in the process...

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:09 am

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Of course it's speculation Duck...  Although, get it right.  He didn't/isn't intentionally tanking games...although that's the obvious byproduct as it is hard to argue the product he puts on the field without Rodgers isn't inferior to what a Rodgers in the lineup does for the team...

Beyond that--what do you call a situation where someone with a lousy chip fracture and 4 week recovery time isn't in there 6 weeks later with serious plants floated that Rodgers might not come back at all this season?

Like I said--watch what happens with that locker room.  If Rodgers continues to be held out--this shit will find a way out.  Rodgers has all but said he's been ready to go and McCarthy has obviously placed a gag order on anyone in the organization but him officially talking about it.  McFatty is a bigger idiot than I thought if Rodgers doesn't come back this week...  He just doesn't hold the juice to wrap this without making himself look real bad in the process...
Well, I'm glad we've got it established that your comments are mere speculation.  Speculation you use as a cornerstone in your tizzy against McCarthy.

We both agree that the true story will eventually bubble to the surface.  Until then I have no reason not to believe what I read everywhere:  Rodgers may be eager to play but he hasn't yet gotten medical clearance, even though you dismiss the injury as a "lousy chip fracture.".  The Packers have always been traditionally conservative with injuries and are being no different in Rodgers' case.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:58 am

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Well, I'm glad we've got it established that your comments are mere speculation.  Speculation you use as a cornerstone in your tizzy against McCarthy.

LOL.  Jeezus Duck...You've started to become a very bad combination of obtuse and anal retentive lately.  Go get yourself a knob job with prostrate massage on a rollercoaster or something to reestablish your former equilibrium please...  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:20 pm

duck,you sound like a guy whom has a large bet on the outcome of the packers season.The packs season is like obamacare,its a huge failure and needs lots of changes and people need to get fired over the issues.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:40 pm

throttleplate wrote:duck,you sound like a guy whom has a large bet on the outcome of the packers season.The packs season is like obamacare,its a huge failure and needs lots of changes and people need to get fired over the issues.

Thanks for your shallow misunderstanding of several month's worth of my posting, Throttle.  Of course I realize the season has not been a major disappointment.  Duh.  The issues need to be examined carefully and systematically.  Hasty or broad brush firings are not the answer and could make things worse.

My short answer to the coaches is fire Capers and retain McCarthy.

However, I have no doubt the Packer management is already studying this in much greater detail and with much better information than any of us internet blowhards.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:54 pm

Multiple reports over the weekend indicated the Packers would be conservative with Rodgers, and that he'd be lucky to play this week.
Rodgers himself reiterated his desire to play, reportedly telling Fox Sports Los Angeles at an NBA game, "I'll be back and ready to go Sunday." The quarterback has been out since Nov. 4 with a broken collarbone suffered against the Chicago Bears.

...as every week Rodgers cranks up the rhetoric (and thus the pressure) on Fatty to start him...

See Duck--how that works?  Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:15 pm

fire fatty,go back to that one stat that where the pack is loosing at halftime his record is shit for failure to adapt,FTA.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:46 pm

throttleplate wrote:fire fatty,go back to that one stat that where the pack is loosing at halftime his record is shit for failure to adapt,FTA.

Be careful how you use statistics, Throttle.  Those exact same stats have been used by many to put down Aaron Rodgers.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:10 am

yeah i can see where that is  like  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next