Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey George!

2 posters

Go down

Hey George! Empty Hey George!

Post by LRJets Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:47 pm

Nah, the Patriots never catch a break.  On the last play vs. NO on Sunday, wouldn't you say that's a sack that never happened?  Nor a call that never happened?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Hey George! Empty Re: Hey George!

Post by guppy Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:04 am

Who said holding could be called on every play?  Maybe not you, that was probably someone else.  Anyway, I'd call this non-call a fair payback for Kenny Stills holding Alfonso Dennard down with his hand and then just letting go before outleaping Dennard for the ball on the Saints TD a minute earlier.  Clearly offensive pass interference by Stills.  If Stills doesn't hold Dennard down just before his leap, Dennard, who was right there with the ball, breaks up that pass, and there is no Saints TD which took the lead. 

Stuff happens.  More importantly, it was a VERY costly win.  Injuries to Talib, Mayo, Connelly and Amandola on top of Wilfork and Gronk already being out may just be too much to overcome. 
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:05 am

guppy wrote:Who said holding could be called on every play?  Maybe not you, that was probably someone else.  Anyway, I'd call this non-call a fair payback for Kenny Stills holding Alfonso Dennard down with his hand and then just letting go before outleaping Dennard for the ball on the Saints TD a minute earlier. 

Stuff happens.  More importantly, it was a VERY costly win.  Injuries to Talib, Mayo, Connelly and Amandola on top of Wilfork and Gronk already being out may just be too much to overcome. 
Wow..it's been awhile since I saw a Patriots "two wrongs make a right" reply.  Makes me miss Rags.

Injuries?  It happens to all teams, to all players.  Just read yesterday the NFL now has 127 players who are out for the season. Is that about 10%?
  Jets signed Mike Goodson, the idiot gets arrested during training camp, gets a 4 game suspension, comes back for 2 games only to have a torn ACL  with an 8+ yard per carry average for 2 games.  Holmes again!  Revis last year.  
I personally like Gronk, I don't think there's any hanky-panky (intentional delay) to his condition as some pundits maintain, including the Patriots powers.
I cannot see him coming back 100% because of the nature of a back injury/surgery.  Oftentimes a recurring injury.  Truly hope I'm wrong.
Let's don't forget who put Gronk in last season for a stupid PAT.  (It's point after touchdown, not Patriot)
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:32 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick