Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey George

3 posters

Go down

Hey George Empty Hey George

Post by guppy Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:17 pm

Two things before the start of Game 1.

1.    Good luck

2.  Go Bruins
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Hey George Empty Re: Hey George

Post by George1963 Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:51 pm

guppy wrote:Two things before the start of Game 1.

1.    Good luck

2.  Go Bruins

Good Luck and two predictions;

The Blackhawks will score more than two goals in the series and,

The "#1 Obama" jersey that the President gets won't look like something from a Wednesday night beer league.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:01 am

Shit.  Triple OT, and a puck goes in off a double deflection.  Nothing Rask could do.  He already had one goal go in off his defenseman's skate.  Bruins had this game in the third period and let it get away.  Rookie mistake by Krug causing a turnover leading to a Hawks goal.  Too bad.  If Horton is out, that looms large, especially with Campbell already out.  This is a war of attrition between what is clearly the two best teams in hockey.  Fantastic game.  Both teams left everything out on the ice.  Depth will be the difference, as Chicago rolled 4 lines all six periods.  Their big guys did not score.  Their 3rd and 4th lines did the damage.  That is not good news for my Bruins.  One thing I do know -- the Bs are resilient.  We'll see just how resilient in a couple of days.  There was one comment made on how close these teams are that if they played 100 times, each would win 50.  Looks to be true, and the winner is going to need a little luck - like a double deflection at the end of the equivalent of two games squeezed into one.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:27 am

guppy wrote:Shit.  Triple OT, and a puck goes in off a double deflection.  Nothing Rask could do.  He already had one goal go in off his defenseman's skate.  Bruins had this game in the third period and let it get away.  Rookie mistake by Krug causing a turnover leading to a Hawks goal.  Too bad.  If Horton is out, that looms large, especially with Campbell already out.  This is a war of attrition between what is clearly the two best teams in hockey.  Fantastic game.  Both teams left everything out on the ice.  Depth will be the difference, as Chicago rolled 4 lines all six periods.  Their big guys did not score.  Their 3rd and 4th lines did the damage.  That is not good news for my Bruins.  One thing I do know -- the Bs are resilient.  We'll see just how resilient in a couple of days.  There was one comment made on how close these teams are that if they played 100 times, each would win 50.  Looks to be true, and the winner is going to need a little luck - like a double deflection at the end of the equivalent of two games squeezed into one.

Heard Rask on Sportscenter this morning throwing Krug under the bus. Hard. Not very helpful.

This is a war of attrition between what is clearly the two best teams in hockey.

I agree, and I feel good about that.  Last night showed the Hawks are the deeper team.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:16 pm

George1963 wrote:

Last night showed the Hawks are the deeper team.

Can't disagree.  Especially with Campbell, and maybe Horton out, the Bs can't roll 4 lines all game long like the Hawks....unless Claude makes some adjustments.  The loss of those two players cuts deeply into the Bs depth, and type of thing shows up late in the game when guys are gassed.  However, I'll say now that even if the Bruins go down 0-2, they can still win this thing.  Even if they go down 0-2, all will not be lost.  I will still have faith that they can extend this series.  Just win the 2 games in Boston, and make it a best 2 out of 3.  Easier said than done, I know. 
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:31 am

George1963 wrote:

Can't disagree.  Especially with Campbell, and maybe Horton out, the Bs can't roll 4 lines all game long like the Hawks....unless Claude makes some adjustments.  The loss of those two players cuts deeply into the Bs depth, and type of thing shows up late in the game when guys are gassed.

I guess Horton will probably be back, but Campbell is big. Chicago's been struggling somewhat on the power play and Campbell being out is a loss there for the B's.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:32 am

Guys...seems to be a new format.  Cannot upload pictures after copying. The second box usually does the trick. Now something else appears.
Helppppp!
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:32 pm

LRJets wrote:Guys...seems to be a new format.  Cannot upload pictures after copying. The second box usually does the trick. Now something else appears.
Helppppp!

Somethin's going on.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:40 pm

Remember the old Rod Stewart song, "Every Picture Tells A Story Don't It"?  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:02 pm

George1963 wrote:

The above statement was made (correctly) after Game 1. 

Two games later its accuracy is being re-examined.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down