Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vic Ketchman says take away the players facemask to save the game

3 posters

Go down

Vic Ketchman says take away the players facemask to save the game Empty Vic Ketchman says take away the players facemask to save the game

Post by throttleplate Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:07 pm

The facemask was invented in 1953 for Browns quarterback Otto Graham, who had sustained an injury to his mouth that required several stitches. The facemask, therefore, was built to protect an injured player who neither blocked nor tackled. It was a purely passive invention. What followed in the evolution of the game and the facemask, however, is what’s now threatening the future of the game. It allowed blockers, tacklers and runners to use the helmet as a weapon. I’m really concerned about the future of the game I have spent a lifetime loving. I don’t think it can be played safely. I think it’s an inherently dangerous sport, and I think we’ve reached a point that we have to decide which injuries we’ll accept in exchange for those injuries that must be avoided. In my opinion, the facemask is at the root of the majority of the injuries that must be avoided.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Vic Ketchman says take away the players facemask to save the game Empty Re: Vic Ketchman says take away the players facemask to save the game

Post by milani Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:59 pm

throttleplate wrote:The facemask was invented in 1953 for Browns quarterback Otto Graham, who had sustained an injury to his mouth that required several stitches. The facemask, therefore, was built to protect an injured player who neither blocked nor tackled. It was a purely passive invention. What followed in the evolution of the game and the facemask, however, is what’s now threatening the future of the game. It allowed blockers, tacklers and runners to use the helmet as a weapon. I’m really concerned about the future of the game I have spent a lifetime loving. I don’t think it can be played safely. I think it’s an inherently dangerous sport, and I think we’ve reached a point that we have to decide which injuries we’ll accept in exchange for those injuries that must be avoided. In my opinion, the facemask is at the root of the majority of the injuries that must be avoided.
I still think it's the kicking tee.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Vic Ketchman says take away the players facemask to save the game Empty Re: Vic Ketchman says take away the players facemask to save the game

Post by JnC4GB Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Approves of this suggestion

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:09 pm

you are on your game this week jncb
JnC4GB wrote:Approves of this suggestion

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down