Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Co-Players of the Game

4 posters

Go down

3 Co-Players of the Game Empty 3 Co-Players of the Game

Post by duck Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Rodgers is the easy choice.  Despite early pressure, he was surgically on target all day.  With all due respect to Manning and Brady, there's no doubt in my mind we have the best QB in the league.

Starks delivered when we really needed him.  Smart, hard running.  He made incredibly great decisions when to cut back and when he did so, he ran with power.  I thought when Lacy went down we were fucked but Starks had his best game ever.

Jones didn't catch a single ball against Frisco.  But, man, he made up for that today.  He was a vacuum cleaner and ran with authority after the catch.  I forgive him for the fumble while fighting for extra yards at the end of the first half.

Lots of honorable mentions too.  Cobb.  Nelson.  Finley.  Shields.  

Excellent performance overall.  Just what the Packers needed.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

3 Co-Players of the Game Empty Re: 3 Co-Players of the Game

Post by milani Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:14 pm

duck wrote:Rodgers is the easy choice.  Despite early pressure, he was surgically on target all day.  With all due respect to Manning and Brady, there's no doubt in my mind we have the best QB in the league.

Starks delivered when we really needed him.  Smart, hard running.  He made incredibly great decisions when to cut back and when he did so, he ran with power.  I thought when Lacy went down we were fucked but Starks had his best game ever.

Jones didn't catch a single ball against Frisco.  But, man, he made up for that today.  He was a vacuum cleaner and ran with authority after the catch.  I forgive him for the fumble while fighting for extra yards at the end of the first half.

We could have hung some more up on them. Had we done that we may have got to see Seneca Wallace on the field. Still need help in that secondary. May have to play zone most of the year. And that offensive line is fundamentally poor.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:36 pm

milani wrote:
duck wrote:Rodgers is the easy choice.  Despite early pressure, he was surgically on target all day.  With all due respect to Manning and Brady, there's no doubt in my mind we have the best QB in the league.

We could have hung some more up on them. Had we done that we may have got to see Seneca Wallace on the field. Still need help in that secondary. May have to play zone most of the year. And that offensive line is fundamentally poor.

Get over the three early sacks.  The O-line had an excellent game.  The offensive production (both passing and rushing) speaks for itself.  Seriously, we completely blew out the Redskins,  getting as many yards in the first half as most teams get in a game.  Records and milestones.  We could have had 700+ total and 500+ passing if we didn't ease up a bit in the second half.  WTF do you want???
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:33 pm

milani wrote:

It astonishes me that someone could watch this team and walk away drawing that particular conclusion. Amazing.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:10 pm

MB20 wrote:
milani wrote:

It astonishes me that someone could watch this team and walk away drawing that particular conclusion. Amazing.
It takes a keen insight.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:20 pm

We take this for granted. He makes this shit look easy.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:34 pm

My honorable mention goes to Mike Neal

Neal, Jolly, Daniels, Perry, Jones...sure ain't making me miss Jarius Wynn, CJ Wilson or Eric Walden.

I'm feeling a lot better about our front 7. Plus, we get Jerel Worthy coming off PUP fairly soon...
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 am

JnC4GB wrote:My honorable mention goes to Mike Neal

Neal, Jolly, Daniels, Perry, Jones...sure ain't making me miss Jarius Wynn, CJ Wilson or Eric Walden.

I'm feeling a lot better about our front 7. Plus, we get Jerel Worthy coming off PUP fairly soon...

Yeah, our front seven is a serious upgrade from last year.  Mostly forgotten from yesterday's game is that fact that our defense was dominant as we built up that 31-0 lead.  Almost all of the Redskin offensive production came well after the game was already decided.

Our front seven has had two good games in a row.  The glaring weakness in our D is at safety and tackling overall in the secondary.

Once we get Burnett and Hayward back, this is going to be a good defense.  Not necessarily Seattle level or top five, but the best we've seen in green and gold in a long time.  Book it.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:44 pm

duck wrote:this is going to be a good defense.  Not necessarily Seattle level ...
Or how about nowhere in the same universe?

That Defense --especially the back end--is scary good. Can you imagine having a CB that can manhandle Bouldin like they do?

((sigh))

Hope Casey Heyward gets well soon. He's the only even slightly physical Corner we got. Except Bush...and I don't consider him a real CB -he's just our Travis Jervey.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down