Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Save this one for later. Use only if necessary.

2 posters

Go down

Save this one for later.  Use only if necessary. Empty Save this one for later. Use only if necessary.

Post by guppy Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:30 am

Don't need to rehash this Talib and Spikes injury reporting stuff now.  Much too trivial.  Was much ado about nothing then, and still is now. 

Yet, maybe we'll just save this info for later if necessary in the event someone (not naming any names) sees fit to bring up the subject and put his own unique brand of spin on it. 

Its always a good idea to keep the truth handy in case one needs to refute false or highly exaggerated accusations, which as Pats fans, we have been quite accustomed to seeing over the years.

NFL: Pats complied with procedures
Updated: April 24, 2014, 10:54 PM ET
By [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | ESPN.com

In the wake of former [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] players [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] questioning the team's injury reporting procedures, the NFL has investigated and cleared the team.
"It was determined that the Patriots complied with the injury report procedures regarding both players," NFL Senior Vice President of Communications Greg Aiello wrote in an email.
Talib's remarks in his introductory news conference with the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in March sparked the issue, when he was asked if his hip injury was a concern.
"The Patriots have their way of reporting stuff, but I haven't had a hip problem since Tampa," Talib said. "The injury I had was actually a quad injury, it was reported as a hip injury, but that's how they do things."
About one week later, when Spikes was interviewed on WGR in Buffalo, he addressed being placed on season-ending injured reserve by the Patriots before the team's first playoff game. Spikes had been laboring with a knee injury and also didn't show up for practice one day during the team's playoff bye week, but seemed to be contesting that the decision to go on injured reserve was mutual.
"I heard they put me on IR and stuff like that. That was just a false report," Spikes said in the radio interview. "That's just how things go there. Almost like what happened with Talib and his hip."
Teams can be fined by the NFL if the league deems the injury report has been manipulated in some way or an injured player was omitted.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Save this one for later.  Use only if necessary. Empty Re: Save this one for later. Use only if necessary.

Post by George1963 Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:55 am

guppy wrote:Don't need to rehash this Talib and Spikes injury reporting stuff now.  Much too trivial.  Was much ado about nothing then, and still is now. 

Yet, maybe we'll just save this info for later if necessary in the event someone (not naming any names) sees fit to bring up the subject and put his own unique brand of spin on it. 

Its always a good idea to keep the truth handy in case one needs to refute false or highly exaggerated accusations, which as Pats fans, we have been quite accustomed to seeing over the years.

In the wake of former [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] players [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] questioning the team's injury reporting procedures, the NFL has investigated and cleared the team.
"It was determined that the Patriots complied with the injury report procedures regarding both players," NFL Senior Vice President of Communications Greg Aiello wrote in an email.

They listed a knee injury as a hip injury and put a healthy guy, or at least a guy who was "available for practices and games" on IR and the NFL says
"the Patriots complied with the injury report procedures".

Why am I not surprised.

Who are you talking about? I know it can't be me, because I know I never said the league would do anything about it because I knew they never would.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Save this one for later.  Use only if necessary. Empty Re: Save this one for later. Use only if necessary.

Post by George1963 Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:59 am

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:Don't need to rehash this Talib and Spikes injury reporting stuff now.  Much too trivial.  Was much ado about nothing then, and still is now. 

They listed a knee injury as a hip injury and put a healthy guy, or at least a guy who was "available for practices and games" on IR and the NFL says
"the Patriots complied with the injury report procedures".

Why am I not surprised.

Who are you talking about? I know it can't be me, because I know I never said the league would do anything about it because I knew they never would.

Oh, you're talking about Spikes and Talib. They're the ones who said it. I get it now.
They're the liars. Well, Spikes is the liar. Talib only lies some of the time. When he says something nice about BB he's as honest as the day is long.

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:09 pm

George1963 wrote:

Why am I not surprised.

Because you are a reasonable man, known for accepting the truth no matter the implications?

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:15 pm

George1963 wrote:
I get it now.

'Bout time.  LOL.

Well, Spikes is the liar.

All Spikes and/or his agent said was that the decision for him to go on IR "wasn't mutual" between him and the team.  

As if it has to be.

According to the NFL, apparently it does not.

No mutuality required.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down