Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Polian confirms what I've been saying for years about Big Ben...

3 posters

Go down

Bill Polian confirms what I've been saying for years about Big Ben... Empty Bill Polian confirms what I've been saying for years about Big Ben...

Post by diehardsteersfan Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:39 pm

It's nice to have a confirmation from a respected Executive from what I have been saying since 2005 and beyond.  Ben has played behind some of the worst lines in the NFL.  Then last year, our most dependable and probably our best OT went to the Chargers because we refused to sign him and he was cut after one game because of his poor performance- giving up 3 sacks in one game.  The guy we had this year maning his spot is far worse than Starks.   Anyway, here is the article.  Maybe Ben can get just a little bit of love now from some other football people?

By Tribune-Review

Published: Saturday, Oct. 5, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated 43 minutes ago

Bill Polian, a six-time NFL executive of the year, recently saw one of the greatest quarterbacking performances he's witnessed during more than a half-century of football watching.
He called it “phenomenal” and “unbelievable.”
Peyton Manning's seven touchdown passes on the NFL's opening night?
No, an under-siege Ben Roethlisberger's play as he nearly rallied the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from a 17-point deficit in the fourth quarter during their 34-27 loss to the Vikings in London last Sunday.
Polian marveled at how Roethlisberger completed 36 of 51 passes for 383 yards, one touchdown and one interception in London despite being forced to improvise on nearly every play behind an offensive line that could barely protect him.
“Ben Roethlisberger put on the greatest single individual display, south of Peyton Manning and Tom Brady and Drew Brees, that I have seen in a long time — maybe in my entire career,” said Polian, who drafted Manning with the Colts 15 years ago.
Polian, appearing on SiriusXM NFL Radio, wasn't done praising Roethlisberger, who has operated without running game support or reliable pass protection all season.
“He was just phenomenal,” Polian said. “He avoided or shrugged off at least four sacks. He made plays down the field that were unbelievable, and he was under duress all night from snap 1.
“Their offensive line is in shambles, and their left tackle (Mike Adams) couldn't block anybody — he was beaten from word 1 virtually all night — and they didn't give him any help, which made it even more difficult.”
Former Steelers running back Merril Hoge, the ESPN analyst, recently told the Tribune-Review that Roethlisberger's offensive lines during the 2005 and 2008 seasons probably were the worst of any Super Bowl winner.
Now, with even less protection, Roethlisberger is completing nearly 64 percent of his passes overall and 53 percent while under pressure.
“Ben's performance was absolutely unbelievable. And the fact they were one play away from tying the game tells you a heck of a lot about his competitiveness and toughness and his ability to make plays,” Polian said. “But he's not lasting the season if they don't shore up that left tackle spot. It's that simple.”
The Steelers will find out starting next Sunday against the Jets if the newly acquired Levi Brown is considered to be shoring up.
Polian also likes rookie running back Le'Veon Bell, saying, “He is a lot better than I thought he was looking at film.”
“He really gives them hope for the future,” said Polian, who was the general manager of the Bills and Panthers and president of the Colts. “He's got good feet and vision and great finish and great size. He's going to be the type of back that they want.”

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Bill Polian confirms what I've been saying for years about Big Ben... Empty Re: Bill Polian confirms what I've been saying for years about Big Ben...

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:50 pm

Amen Brother Diehard! Big Ben is the best QB in the NFL today.

Back to top Go down

Bill Polian confirms what I've been saying for years about Big Ben... Empty Re: Bill Polian confirms what I've been saying for years about Big Ben...

Post by wyckedheart8 Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:03 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor No No No No confused confused confused pig pig pig pig SquEEEEEeeellll
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:56 pm

wyckedheart8 wrote:lol! lol! lol! lol! jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor No No No No confused confused confused pig pig pig pig SquEEEEEeeellll
    One of these days you may have something positive to say when discussing the Steelers. I've seen MANY Steelers fans congratulating Browns fans so far this year. Then again... I've seen smart men debate a point, but you weren't part of the debate.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:19 pm

Wasn't this guy fired?lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down