Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Parcells a HOF.

5 posters

Go down

Bill Parcells a HOF.  Empty Bill Parcells a HOF.

Post by IrishJets1129 Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:53 pm

Congratulations to Bill Parcells to making it to the HOF, thank for the memories as a head coach for the NY Jets from 1997 - 2000 best season 1998 Jets went 12-4 most wins in Jets history.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Bill Parcells a HOF.  Empty Re: Bill Parcells a HOF.

Post by ~Sheila~ Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:50 pm

IrishJets1129 wrote:Congratulations to Bill Parcells to making it to the HOF, thank for the memories as a head coach for the NY Jets from 1997 - 2000 best season 1998 Jets went 12-4 most wins in Jets history.

Congrats indeed!  For those who missed it here is the link to his induction.  Loved his acceptance speech. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:54 am

When you look at what he accomplished and realize Drew Bledsoe was probably the best QB he ever had it makes you wonder why it took so long for him to get in.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:09 am

Good to see BB and him closer again. The Parcells "Tree" is prominent enough to put him in the Hall.
Ray Perkins was his mentor which is surprising as Perkins was one of those "prefer college coaching to the NFL" types.  
Tuna gave an impressive speech, always an interesting speaker.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:53 am

LRJets wrote:Good to see BB and him closer again. The Parcells "Tree" is prominent enough to put him in the Hall.
Ray Perkins was his mentor which is surprising as Perkins was one of those "prefer college coaching to the NFL" types.  

Closer is nice.  But is this going a little too far?  lol.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:17 pm

guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:Good to see BB and him closer again. The Parcells "Tree" is prominent enough to put him in the Hall.

Closer is nice.  But is this going a little too far?  lol.  

Hmm...certainly looks that way!  lol
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:36 pm

Maybe I'm getting too soft in my old age, but the "loathing" of BB is over for me.  I want the Jets to beat them, but my intensity for animosoty has lessened since the Boston bombings and the way Kraft/BB handled the Hernandez affair.

Then again, on Mike (Jets hater) Florio's blogs, the Dolphins not only troll on anything Jets, but they believe they'll win the SB!!

Let's start with them ending their 13 year playoff drought without a win.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:56 pm

Why are Miami Dolphins Fans Obsessed with the New York Jets?
By
(Contributor) on June 1, 2010
1,144 reads
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Chris Trotman/Getty Images
When you talk to any [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] fans, they always say the football team they hate the most is the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].  Kind of weird considering there is a team from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that has owned the AFC East division for the past decade.
When you talk to any [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] fans, they say they hate a bunch of different teams the most—like the Patriots (you know, the team I think all teams in the AFC East are trying to be better than)—and it's been that way for a while now.
I came across this writer from the Miami Herald, Armando Salgulero, and he's been crazy obsessed.  Talking about Sparano lost the weight the normal way and Rex lost the weight with the lap band.  He also said stuff like the Dolphins aren't intimidated by the New York Jets, and doesn't know why the Jets are considered big-time favorites coming into this season. 
What this guy needs to realize is that before the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] season starts, everybody thinks they're better than their opponent.  Doesn't matter if it's the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] facing the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I guarantee you the players on the Lions think they're better than the Colts, even though that is obviously not true.
Plus, all this guy wants to do is say how close these teams really are. Well, how about this, Armando. The Jets were the No. 1 ranked defense in the NFL last season, the Miami Dolphins were ranked 22nd. 
Last season, sure, maybe they were similar offensively, and even with the Dolphins adding [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (who will be shutdown on Revis Island), they're other receivers are barely slot receivers, and they will be irrelevant on the football field.  The Dolphins lost the "ever-so-useless, who only performed good against the Jets," Ted Ginn.
I don't know Armando, maybe because they made it all the way to the AFC Championship game last season and they made some big-time moves in the offseason—even with the stupid restrictions that they had.
So Dolphins fans, take that sweep and stick it where the sun don't shine, because your team hasn't done anything, and when they have, they've done it with the Jets crap—[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
I mean, it's bad enough that this so-called professional writer gets to take shots at the Jets coach, but I think it's even worse that he gets paid for putting out slander like that.
I guess I could see the Miami fans' point of view, considering it's the Jets fans who take control of their stadium when the two teams face off.  That really has to be where all the anger the Dolphins have for the Jets really is. The fact that they are out-numbered by the Jets fans in their own state.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:01 pm

Who do Dolphin fans hate most?
By [url=http://www.sbnation.com/users/Matt Infante]Matt Infante[/url]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Jun 17 2010, 5:00a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Stay connected for news and updates [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The term "hate" is a strong word. Many believe that nobody should truly hate anybody. Dislike? Sure. But hate? Not so much.
But in sports, "hate" isn't a bad word. We're all fans. And as fans, there are just some players and coaches we can't stand. Do we wish any harm on them? Probably not. But do we hope they fail miserably? You're damn right we do.
So who is currently the most hated person in the eyes of Dolphin fans? That's what I'm here to find out.
Below I've listed a few candidates. You can read what I have to say about them before voting if you'd like. Then after you vote, tell us why you hate the person you voted for more than anyone else.
Bill Belichick - He's the head coach of the team who has dominated the division for nearly a decade. He lacks any kind of personality. He dresses like he's homeless. And he's been involved in a number of scandals (writing his sudden resignation from the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on a napkin as well as "Spygate" - to name the obvious).
Tom Brady - The quarterback who has been Belichick's best player, leading his team to three Super Bowls. The media drools over him. Women seem to be fond of him, too. He's got the super model wife. And is just to easy to dislike opposing quarterbacks.
Mark Sanchez - Like I said, it's easy to dislike opposing quarterbacks. But Sanchez makes it even easier. He's overrated. He did [url=http://www.trojanwire.com/football/San 4.jpg]that ridiculous spread[/url] in GQ. It's obvious that the kid just loves being a celebrity and can't get enough attention. Yet on the field, he hasn't proven anything. Again, the media also plays a role. For some reason, he gets shoved down our throats - considering he really hasn't accomplished anything.
Rex Ryan - Is he a good coach? Yes. Do the players love playing for him? Yes. But he's so easy to dislike. He's your typical fat, obnoxious loud-mouth. He's arrogant. He flashed some Dolphin fans the middle finger at an MMA event this past offseason. And who can forget how he picked a fight through the media with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Even this year, he just can't help but bring up Crowder when talking to the media. Coming from a family known for being arrogant SOBs, none of this comes as a shock.
Bart Scott and Calvin Pace - I'm grouping these two jackasses together because they [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Scott took it one step further, even [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in 2009.
Jason Taylor - I personally don't hold his departure from Miami against him. But some do. And those that do probably will at least consider voting from him as the player they hate the most right now.
Brett Favre - He was only a member of a division rival for one season. But it's easy to dislike the media darling. He's obviously a drama queen and attention whore. Who can forget Favre holding a press conference to announce he hasn't decided if he'll retire or return? Wow. And the media feeds into this, analyzing his every move. Wait...what's that? Ed Werder is reporting that Brett Favre just wiped his ass. Wow.
Nick Saban - It's been a number of years. But it's still tough for some to get over. Saban's blatant lying to the media about his intentions to leave the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for the Alabama job was pretty bad, though. And then when you hear the stories of how poorly Saban treated people during his days in Miami, it's easy to still dislike this tool.
So who gets your vote?

Poll
Which person do you currently hate the most?

• 13% Bill Belichick (475 votes)

• 7% Tom Brady (254 votes)

• 39% Rex Ryan (1474 votes)

• 4% Mark Sanchez (160 votes)

• 2% Bart Scott/Calvin Pace (91 votes)

• 2% Jason Taylor (71 votes)

• 3% Brett Favre (100 votes)

• 28% Nick Saban (1067 votes)

• 2% Other (89 votes)

3781 votes total

Maybe Rex should consider it a compliment.  He probably does.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:59 am

Gup, I noticed  the first anti-Jets article was written in 2010!  That would be right after back-to-back AFCCC games the Jets were in.  Good reason.
Also, hatred in sports equals a divisional rivalry in most cases.

Giants-Eagles
Yanks-Red Sox
Patriots-Anybody:lol: 
Cowboys-Redskins
Jets-Dolphins

The loathing of players and coaches will end when the person is no longer associated with the team.
Saban is now despised by college fans.  Rex and BB will someday no longer falling out of the mouths of the rival fans.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:07 am

LRJets wrote:Gup, I noticed  the first anti-Jets article was written in 2010!  That would be right after back-to-back AFCCC games the Jets were in.  Good reason.

Giants-Eagles
Yanks-Red Sox
Cowboys-Redskins
Jets-Dolphins

The loathing of players and coaches will end when the person is no longer associated with the team.
Saban is now despised by college fans.  Rex and BB will someday no longer falling out of the mouths of the rival fans.

All good points by you LR.  

I love that pic.  Very funny.

There is one other "hatred" that to me at least is very prominent that you didn't mention.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:42 am

When I was in high school and they had the "NBA Game of the Week" on ABC, I hated just to see the Boston Garden floor.

I hated it worse when the Celtics were beating the Knicks, and Brooklyn native Red Auerbach would light up his victory cigar with 30 seconds to go!!!

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:00 am

LRJets wrote:Gup, I noticed  the first anti-Jets article was written in 2010!  That would be right after back-to-back AFCCC games the Jets were in.  Good reason.

Giants-Eagles
Yanks-Red Sox
Cowboys-Redskins
Jets-Dolphins

Loving the Patriots rivals!  lol
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:55 am

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:01 am

George1963 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Aw, this is harsh!  lol

One thing you have to say about the Jets, their fans are still loyal to them year after year.  I know many Jets fans.  Smile
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:11 am

I know it was you, Fredo.

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:52 am

Any NYer that's a Jets fan should be lauded.  So much easier to be a Giants fan and celebrated 4 Super Bowls.  Difficult being a Jets fan especially if you didn't celebrate their only Super Bowl.  Guaranteed many Giants fans are because of their success.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:17 pm

LRJets wrote:Any NYer that's a Jets fan should be lauded.  So much easier to be a Giants fan and celebrated 4 Super Bowls.  Difficult being a Jets fan especially if you didn't celebrate their only Super Bowl.  Guaranteed many Giants fans are because of their success.

No doubt its been difficult.  But the Jets fans booing Sachez throwing an interception in practice is a bit much I think.   Brady was picked off twice in practice by Aquib Talib.  So both QBs are working through some things with their receivers.  Give these two a break.  They're doing their best.  Smile  

As far as the Giants' success goes, you know one half of their Lombardi Trophies are ones that were in the Patriots' hands, and they just up and grabbed them and ripped them out of my boys' hands.  Ripped our hearts out too along with the trophies. Sad   Therefore, I look at it like the true Giant fan on here, Sheila, basically owns me.  So I had to come up with something.  So I told her that ya, her Giants own 4 Superbowls to my Patriots 3, which means she leads by one.  BUT, the NY Giants have been around 35 years longer than the Patriots.  

35 years longer in existence, and she only leads me by 1 lousy SB?  Humpft.  See below.  LOL.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:52 am

guppy wrote:
LRJets wrote:Any NYer that's a Jets fan should be lauded.  So much easier to be a Giants fan and celebrated 4 Super Bowls.  Difficult being a Jets fan especially if you didn't celebrate their only Super Bowl.  Guaranteed many Giants fans are because of their success.

No doubt its been difficult.  But the Jets fans booing Sachez throwing an interception in practice is a bit much I think.   Brady was picked off twice in practice by Aquib Talib.  So both QBs are working through some things with their receivers.  Give these two a break.  They're doing their best.  Smile  

As far as the Giants' success goes, you know one half of their Lombardi Trophies are ones that were in the Patriots' hands, and they just up and grabbed them and ripped them out of my boys' hands.  Ripped our hearts out too along with the trophies. Sad   Therefore, I look at it like the true Giant fan on here, Sheila, basically owns me.  So I had to come up with something.  So I told her that ya, her Giants own 4 Superbowls to my Patriots 3, which means she leads by one.  BUT, the NY Giants have been around 35 years longer than the Patriots.  

35 years longer in existence, and she only leads me by 1 lousy SB?  Humpft.  See below.  LOL.

Ah shaddup!!  LOL

That pic was the best though when it was captured.  Brought her more attention than even her medals did!

It's a true fan that sticks through the thick and thin of their team losing over and over.  Look at all the Chicago Cubs fans.  That's a great organization that just can never get the big win and yet their fans are extremely loyal. 
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:09 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:
George1963 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
 Aw, this is harsh!  lol

One thing you have to say about the Jets, their fans are still loyal to them year after year.  I know many Jets fans.  Smile
 God knows I'm a Loyal fans since 1965. Who crazy enough to pay a $125.00 for a football game and see the Jets play? beside the Raiders. affraid OMG I'M  A JETS FANS.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down