Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Norse Gods of the Sea!

2 posters

Go down

Norse Gods of the Sea! Empty Norse Gods of the Sea!

Post by Guest Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:36 pm

LONDON – By late Sunday night, the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] should have understood they have a quarterback problem. That is not a good thing. Not when they have spent the last two years pushing [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as their quarterback of the future, brushing aside the errors of youth – misreads and interceptions – to suddenly cast him away in favor of Matt Cassel.

But Cassel may have given the Vikings no choice by starting in place of the injured Ponder and completing 16 of 25 passes for 248 yards and two touchdowns in Minnesota's 34-27 victory over Pittsburgh on Sunday night. He did not turn the ball over. He managed the game well enough to allow running back Adrian Peterson to win it with 140 rushing yards.
So when Peterson was asked after the game if Cassel should be the quarterback he said, "What do you think?"
[Photo gallery: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]

It's an answer the Vikings can't ignore, not at 1-3 with Peterson standing as the franchise's best hope of winning. If Peterson wants Cassel and Cassel isn't turning the ball over, what other decision can Minnesota coach Leslie Frazier make no matter how healthy Ponder's broken rib might be. 

View gallery.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Christian Ponder (USA TODAY Sports)

Peterson raved about Cassel's presence in the huddle on Sunday. He did it in a way that made it seem that he doesn't believe Ponder has such an aura. He seemed to imply that Cassel was a better leader.
"[Cassel] is more vocal," Peterson said, "so he was out there and he was saying it to us in the huddle and you could see guys buying into it and keeping the huddle together. And that is all you can ask for from any player, especially in the quarterback position."
Players don't usually say things like this. Not about their quarterbacks. They are often more diplomatic. But the Vikings have lost a lot in this very short year. They were 0-3 with Ponder turning the ball over seven times. If Peterson thinks the players are listening more to Cassel than Ponder, Frazier has to listen to Peterson or risk losing his locker room.
Of course this is a difficult decision. There is little in Cassel's recent biography that says he is a better option to lead the Vikings in the future. Yes, he had a fine year replacing Tom Brady when Brady tore apart his knee in the first game of the 2008 season. But Cassel's time in Kansas City was forgettable. Maybe he has more experience than Ponder and is more careful than Ponder, but he doesn't seem like a player who gives you much of a foundation.
"If you are asking, our quarterback is Christian Ponder," Frazier said Sunday night.
[NFL Power Rankings: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]
That could change when the Vikings play again in two weeks. It probably has to change. Ponder's performance in the three losses and the Vikings' 0-3 record with him makes that all but a certainty.
It's not really Ponder's fault. There is so much pressure in the NFL now for teams to find their next great starting quarterback. Bad teams stretch to make a college quarterback the cornerstone. They draft them high and are forced to play them before they are ready. Who knows if Ponder is the answer in Minnesota? Nobody could wait a year or two to let him develop, they had to KNOW. They had to put him on the field, watch him and try to make great judgments with little history.
In so many ways, the Vikings made Ponder the face of Peterson's team. Even the passes for official events before the London game had Ponder's picture on the front, not Peterson's.
"I don't think there will be much discussion about that," Frazier said of Ponder and the job.
Too late for that.

[Watch: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]
"I don't know what the circumstances are going to be," Cassel said. "I don't know how Christian will recover or how all that will go. Christian Ponder is a heck of a quarterback. Any time I've been in a situation where you get hurt or you get banged up, you never want to see that happen. Hopefully he gets healthy and comes back soon."
Not that it will matter.
A fine mess the Vikings have now. They have to hope that Cassel isn't just the answer for one game across the ocean but for the next few seasons as well.

LOL!   How can't you hold open a special spot in your heart for a multi-layered irrepressively dysfunctional organization like the Minnesota Vikings?  I mean--it's like being the General of the opposing forces fighting them in a war--and the good chaps do you the deed of morter-shelling their own positions and fortification depots while providing air-cover to move in their ground forces to riddle their own asses with lead.  Holy shit General!  The Minnesota Vikings are actually advancing on our flank.  What should we do?!  No shit?  Well, by all means, grab a pitcher of lemonade and let's enjoy how they strategically and tactically battle themselves back into submission this time, shall we Corporal?  Laughing 

Let's see here...   You've got your best player and *purple jesus* who is too stupid to publicly pull the party line on a vital QB decision erroneously made years ago made by a completely inadequate head coach who stubbornly clings to his inadequacy because he is afraid of looking inadequate.  If you don't admit it's broke--then you don't have to face needing to fix or face what you fucked up, do you?  Then, you've got an owner named Zygmunt who is so fucking patently stupid that he fights someone for 25 years in court after fucking them over on a business deal, then, when it finally goes to trial, hits the stand and says...yes, we had an agreement...yes, it is true--but I just decided after the fact that it was too good a deal for them--so refused to honor it.  Are you ready to rule in our favor now, Judge?  I mean--there are sticks that fuck and there are fuckable sticks, but this whammy is spring-loaded...  LOL

In the middle you have Rick Spielman--the GM.  Compared to the others--the pin-up boy of competence.  Good talent evaluator and reasonably adroit in risk-assessment but guess what?  He's not without his inadequacies either--for he is an eunuch--nutlessly skipping down the halls and twirling his umbrella as he watches the other aforementioned clownie-fucks neuter whatever positive momentum his brings in the door...  With great fanfare they called it--the *triangle of authority* a few years ago--their decision-making hierarchy...  LOL!  Always fails when you have no clear-cut competent leader calling the shots...and still today it remains the *trio of 'tards*  The faces change; Lezbo for Childress...Spielman for Fran Foley along with, of course, the irrepressible Zygmunch...but the good times stay the same...   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

Back to top Go down

Norse Gods of the Sea! Empty Re: Norse Gods of the Sea!

Post by Guest Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:40 pm

LOL!   How can't you hold open a special spot in your heart for a multi-layered irrepressively dysfunctional organization like the Minnesota Vikings?  I mean--it's like being the General of the opposing forces fighting them in a war--and the good chaps do you the deed of morter-shelling their own positions and fortification depots while providing air-cover to move in their ground forces to riddle their own asses with lead.  Holy shit General!  The Minnesota Vikings are actually advancing on our flank.  What should we do?!  No shit?  Well, by all means, grab a pitcher of lemonade and let's enjoy how they strategically and tactically battle themselves back into submission this time, shall we Corporal?  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

Let's see here...   You've got your best player and *purple jesus* who is too stupid to publicly pull the party line on a vital QB decision erroneously made years ago made by a completely inadequate head coach who stubbornly clings to his inadequacy because he is afraid of looking inadequate.  If you don't admit it's broke--then you don't have to face needing to fix or face what you fucked up, do you?  Then, you've got an owner named Zygmunt who is so fucking patently stupid that he fights someone for 25 years in court after fucking them over on a business deal, then, when it finally goes to trial, hits the stand and says...yes, we had an agreement...yes, it is true--but I just decided after the fact that it was too good a deal for them--so refused to honor it.  Are you ready to rule in our favor now, Judge?  I mean--there are sticks that fuck and there are fuckable sticks, but this whammy is spring-loaded...  LOL

In the middle you have Rick Spielman--the GM.  Compared to the others--the pin-up boy of competence.  Good talent evaluator and reasonably adroit in risk-assessment but guess what?  He's not without his inadequacies either--for he is an eunuch--nutlessly skipping down the halls and twirling his umbrella as he watches the other aforementioned clownie-fucks neuter whatever positive momentum his brings in the door...  With great fanfare they called it--the *triangle of authority* a few years ago--their decision-making hierarchy...  LOL!  Always fails when you have no clear-cut competent leader calling the shots...and still today it remains the *trio of 'tards*  The faces change; Lezbo for Childress...Spielman for Fran Foley along with, of course, the irrepressible Zygmunch...but the good times stay the same...   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Surprised you could actually type that much bending over a table.......

So then,,,yeah, whatever....at the end of the day---when the season ends---- and the Packers don't make it to the 'big game' (just like the Vikings) ,,you can put your green and gold pom poms away...same as Vikings fans...

sleep well my friend....I will.

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Thor11 wrote:LOL!   How can't you hold open a special spot in your heart for a multi-layered irrepressively dysfunctional organization like the Minnesota Vikings?  I mean--it's like being the General of the opposing forces fighting them in a war--and the good chaps do you the deed of morter-shelling their own positions and fortification depots while providing air-cover to move in their ground forces to riddle their own asses with lead.  Holy shit General!  The Minnesota Vikings are actually advancing on our flank.  What should we do?!  No shit?  Well, by all means, grab a pitcher of lemonade and let's enjoy how they strategically and tactically battle themselves back into submission this time, shall we Corporal?  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

Surprised you could actually type that much bending over a table.......

So then,,,yeah, whatever....at the end of the day---when the season ends---- and the Packers don't make it to the 'big game' (just like the Vikings) ,,you can put your green and gold pom poms away...same as Vikings fans...

sleep well my friend....I will.

Thor

No doubt.  They say a little milk before bedtime can help you sleep--so given the load of creme you take like a champ each night in both the north and south endzone, it's a wonder you ever wake up, fruity...  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:19 pm

No doubt.  They say a little milk before bedtime can help you sleep--so given the load of creme you take like a champ each night in both the north and south endzone, it's a wonder you ever wake up, fruity...  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well.....I guess you'll have to PONDER that thought for the rest of the season,,,ehh, Lance?

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by ILvLamp Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:42 pm

.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LOLOLOLOLOLLLLL!!  You fucker--I know what you're up to...

ILvLamp
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:27 pm

Thor11 wrote:No doubt.  They say a little milk before bedtime can help you sleep--so given the load of creme you take like a champ each night in both the north and south endzone, it's a wonder you ever wake up, fruity...  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well.....I guess you'll have to PONDER that thought for the rest of the season,,,ehh, Lance?

Thor
No--not worth the time...but I am scoring good laughs from your theme song, Thor...  Laughing 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:49 pm

no--not worth the time...but I am scoring good laughs from your theme song, Thor...  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

It's amazing how transfixed you are on everything and anything colored GAY...what the fuck is up with that?....and you,,, Lord Lollipop?

..."for the love of Pete"...Lombardi

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:58 pm

Thor11 wrote:no--not worth the time...but I am scoring good laughs from your theme song, Thor...  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

It's amazing how transfixed you are on everything and anything colored GAY...what the fuck is up with that?....and you,,, Lord Lollipop?

..."for the love of Pete"...Lombardi

Thor
What?  Am I supposed to pretend you're not writing in purple, fruity?   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:02 pm

What?  Am I supposed to pretend you're not writing in purple, fruity?   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Really loser?....would it really make a difference if I colored you GREEN?....result of your homo infatuation remains,,,dick breath.

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:15 pm

Thor11 wrote:What?  Am I supposed to pretend you're not writing in purple, fruity?   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Really loser?....would it really make a difference if I colored you GREEN?....result of your homo infatuation remains,,,dick breath.

Thor
Nah--you're right...stick with purple, Thorboy...  It's you...  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:33 pm

Nah--you're right...stick with purple, Thorboy...  It's you...  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No prob bro....on a positive note for you....your have lapped (not the licking version you're used to)  the field for the tenth time in the douuchebag rankings and it's only week 5!!!!

You are as PackerFanKnowItAll would say..."the bestest ever"!!! 

Goooo  HD!!

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:52 pm

Thor11 wrote:Nah--you're right...stick with purple, Thorboy...  It's you...  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No prob bro....on a positive note for you....your have lapped (not the licking version you're used to)  the field for the tenth time in the douuchebag rankings and it's only week 5!!!!

You are as PackerFanKnowItAll would say..."the bestest ever"!!! 

Goooo  HD!!

Thor
Thanks Thor...  I actually think your little douchebag rankings are cute...gay, but cute.  Nothing wrong with a harmless little outlet to release your frustrations through placing a passive/aggressive list of who you consider yourself a bitch to on a board that no one frequents but you.  I approve in much the same way I approve of PFKIA--and his warped manner in dealing with his obvious, uhhh...shortcomings--but hey--everyone wants to feel notable for something, eh?  So, rock on little queen!  Some of the most interesting gifts come from the land of misfit toys...  Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:12 am

Thanks Thor...  I actually think your little douchebag rankings are cute...gay, but cute.  Nothing wrong with a harmless little outlet to release your frustrations through placing a passive/aggressive list of who you consider yourself a bitch to on a board that no one frequents but you

Hmmmmm,  185 views,,,,yeah, you're right...no one. That's the the kind of doucheness that keeps you comfy at the top of the heep Ralph. 

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:34 pm

Thor11 wrote:Thanks Thor...  I actually think your little douchebag rankings are cute...gay, but cute.  Nothing wrong with a harmless little outlet to release your frustrations through placing a passive/aggressive list of who you consider yourself a bitch to on a board that no one frequents but you

Hmmmmm,  185 views,,,,yeah, you're right...no one. That's the the kind of doucheness that keeps you comfy at the top of the heep Ralph. 

Thor
Well, to be honest, I only checked out your sad little post (no pun intended-calm down Thor) because of HD mentioning it.

So, there's that.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

JnC4GB wrote:
Thor11 wrote:Thanks Thor...  I actually think your little douchebag rankings are cute...gay, but cute.  Nothing wrong with a harmless little outlet to release your frustrations through placing a passive/aggressive list of who you consider yourself a bitch to on a board that no one frequents but you

Thor
Well, to be honest, I only checked out your sad little post (no pun intended-calm down Thor) because of HD mentioning it.

So, there's that.
ok....so now it's 186. Must be just a bunch of curiosity seekers eh, JnC?....isn't that why everyone clicks into a thread?...curiosity..? What a novel concept and observation. Well done chap...

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down