Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The real turning point in the game

4 posters

Go down

The real turning point in the game Empty The real turning point in the game

Post by duck Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:48 pm

Contrary to what we've been thinking, the turning point in the Bengals loss was not really Rodgers' ill-advised pick or the 4th-and-1 disaster.  It happened much earlier.

Check out these numbers that I just crunched.

Dalton's stats with Matthews in the game: 7 of 12 for 67 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 39.2 QB rating

Dalton's stat's with Matthews out: 13 of 16 for 168 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 155.2 QB rating.

Jeez, I hope his friggin hammy heals.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The real turning point in the game Empty Re: The real turning point in the game

Post by MB20 Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:33 pm

duck wrote:Contrary to what we've been thinking, the turning point in the Bengals loss was not really Rodgers' ill-advised pick or the 4th-and-1 disaster.  It happened much earlier.

Check out these numbers that I just crunched.

Dalton's stats with Matthews in the game: 7 of 12 for 67 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 39.2 QB rating

Dalton's stat's with Matthews out: 13 of 16 for 168 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 155.2 QB rating.

Jeez, I hope his friggin hammy heals.
Yep... this defense is basically worthless without Clay, and I don't think it's because of a lack of talent. I think it's because our defensive coordinator and his staff blow goats.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:13 pm

I know our D is not the same with Clay out. However, we had a 16 point lead and then proceeded to have 3 more turnovers. Putting away teams and taking advantage of their turnovers has to happen.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:29 pm

Yeah the turnovers killed the game for the Packers.   With no special teams to help out with the field position chess match combined with the turnovers made it very difficult to win that game on the road.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:16 pm

milani wrote:I know our D is not the same with Clay out. However, we had a 16 point lead and then proceeded to have 3 more turnovers. Putting away teams and taking advantage of their turnovers has to happen.
That is all true- the blame rests mostly on the offense. But, with Clay on the sidelines, the defense didn't do anyone any favors, either. Well, except the Bengals.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down