Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Megatron Extended 7 More Years

2 posters

Go down

Megatron Extended 7 More Years Empty Megatron Extended 7 More Years

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:52 pm

CJ signs 7 yr extension for $132M over the remaining one year of his current contract plus seven more through 2019 for a total of $132M, $60M guaranteed. Structured properly that should bring his cap numbers this year down from $22M to under $10M. That should free up another $12M-$14M for signing other players. Calvin is now the highest paid player in the NFL. That's shittin in pretty high clover for a M Millen pick.

Back to top Go down

Megatron Extended 7 More Years Empty I heard

Post by meiden Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:34 pm

that the structure results in a cap hit this year of between $12-$13 million for a cap savings of roughly $9 million. I believe the Lions were under the cap by some $4 million prior to this new deal. Should they be able to sign Avril to a long term deal they may save another $4+ million so the Lions could have something near $18million to spend.

It still looks like most of the Lions work for the defense will take place during the draft as there is little left in FA to help the Lions defensively.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Megatron Extended 7 More Years Empty Re: Megatron Extended 7 More Years

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:08 pm

WOW; They got the deed done.,

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawildboar Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:22 am

I'm thinking of all the solid defensive players that $60 Mil could have locked up for the Lions...I'm also thinking of the freak show CJ put on last year. Without Stafford it wouldn't have been worth it but he is the perfect compliment to Stafford.

Stafford is next in line for the massive payday and I'm thinking it will be equal to the budget of a small country. They've got $60 Million + committed to getting Stafford an extension in a couple years. That's about as committed to something as a hog is to a western omlet.
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:01 pm

Yes Boar re-signing Megatron certainly makes signing Stafford to an extension when he is due a whole lot easier. Now, here comes the cavalry over the hill in the form of next years new TV deal and a subsequent big boost to the cap. One thing we can be optimistic about, this administration will not let a big ego overwhelm prudent fiscal policy like the Hillbilly in Dallas and little Napoleon in DC. Can you imagine a $36M penalty?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down