Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finley extended for 2

4 posters

Go down

Finley extended for 2 Empty Finley extended for 2

Post by KBen Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:16 pm

nice Smile

Packers, Finley work out two-year contract
Posted by Mike Florio on February 22, 2012, 8:17 PM EST

With a potential franchise-tag fight over whether he’s a tight end or a receiver looming, Jermichael Finley and the Packers have come to terms on a new contract.

According to a league source, a two-year deal was finalized on Wednesday. The contract has a total value of just under $15 million.

The average value of the deal — $7.5 million — roughly splits the difference between the tight end franchise tender of $5.4 million and the receiver franchise tender of $9.4 million. And it gives Finley another crack at the open market in 2014, when the new TV money will have kicked in and driven up the salary cap.

In light of the new contract, the question of whether Finley is a tight end or a receiver won’t be as significant the next time Finley is due to hit the market. Based on the 2013 cap number in Finley’s deal, a 120-percent increase would put the tender for Finley over $10 million.

The deal also gives the Packers protection against the possibility that Finley’s potential never will fully be fulfilled, due either to injuries or ineffectiveness. Though Finley enjoyed the best season of his career in 2011, he generated only 767 receiving yards and eight touchdowns, and he has no Pro Bowl appearances.

But his unique skills create matchup problems. Too fast to cover with a linebacker and too large to cover with a defensive back, Finley could have the same impact as Rob Gronkowski, if/when Finley puts it all together.

If Finley can do it in the next two years, he’ll be on the verge of free agency again — at a time when Gronkowski will either have been re-signed by the Patriots or limited by the franchise tag.

UPDATE 8:35 p.m. ET: Finley confirms the deal on Twitter. “It’s TRUE!” he writes. “Thank you so much to the Packers organization, all of my fans, and my beautiful wife.”
KBen
KBen

Back to top Go down

Finley extended for 2 Empty Re: Finley extended for 2

Post by MB20 Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:06 am

Given that TT didn't re-sign Finley during the season when he should have, this is a good deal for both sides. The two years gives the Packers plenty of time to see if he's worth a long-term deal, and the likely increased cap means re-signing him down the road could be easier. Plus, Finley being happy makes him more likely to want to stay when the time comes.

I like. Now if Finley can pull his hands out of his ass and catch footballs with them instead, we'll be in great shape.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:28 am

Good. Hard to know the platform of the dance specific here--but two years is basically a negotiation win for Finley. ...and why was he in that superior negotiating position to come out eating his cake? TT waited too fucking long--that's why. Done before year's end 2011--and TT score a multi-year deal with Finley with much of the cap hit allocated to last year... Now, if TT would like to finally pull himself out of 2010 and get some work done--he'll drop the tag on Flynn. Yeah-yeah...the beat-off writers will tell you that it's a risky move--and for them--it would be. Well-calculated risk is where studs are minted...and does it really matter if they're there...if you don't pull them out of the BVD's now/again to put them on display? Wink

Leveraged properly under the tag--Flynn will pull at minimum a 2nd round pick (from undoubtedly a team at the top of the top of the draft board in each round)...and if somebody just has to have him--it could go well above that. I don't want to see any more missed opportunities from TT for the foreseeable future. I could start a fucking circus with all the shit he's been leaving on the table lately as he excuses himself to go the the restroom and dab his pp with a napkin... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:59 pm

A waste of money on an unproven, mistake-prone, and immature player.

Just sign Mario.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:12 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:A waste of money on an unproven, mistake-prone, and immature player.

Just sign Mario.

<G> Ringo, Ringo...Ringo... Remember back to the days on the old old board?/... Remember Footchie...and SmokeBelle...and from time-to-time those perpetuants of rarity with actually something to say? Did any of that ever have any impression upon you? I wonder, my friend...because I take no joy in pointing out that your IQ continues, after all these years, to only be exceeded by the travesty of your ignorance. True foresight is what makes legends...and heros are minted from predictions properly made...and the common fucking Joe? He can sometimes look back with 20/20 vision and get it right after the fucking fact... So where does that leave you, Ringo? I'm sorry to say you've evolved into too nice a guy for me to make that clear for those to thom it other wise isn't, eh Buckwheat?... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:49 am

And don't forget Mad Dog in the liquor store either................

I will be king
And you
You will be queen
Though nothing will
Drive them away
We can beat them
Just for one day
We can be Heroes
Just for one day

And you
You can be mean
And I
I'll drink all the time
'Cause we're posters
And that is a fact
Yes we're posters
And that is that

Though nothing
Will keep us together
We could steal time
Just for one day
We can be Heroes
For ever and ever
What d'you say

I
I wish we could play
Like the Giants
Like Giants can play
Though nothing
Will keep us together
We can beat them
For ever and ever
Oh we can be Heroes
Just for one day

I
I will be king
And you
You will be queen
Though nothing
Will drive them away
We can be Heroes
Just for one day
We can be us
Just for one day

I
I can remember
Standing
By the thirty
And the ball
Shot above our heads
And we dissed
As though nothing could fall
And the shame
Was on our sideline
Oh we can beat them
For ever and ever
Then we can be Heroes
Just for one day

We can be Heroes
We can be Heroes
We can be Heroes
Just for one day
We can be Heroes
We're nothing
And nothing will help us
Maybe we're lying
Then you better not stay
But we could be safer
Just for one day

RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:24 pm

Not bad, Ringo. I've always really liked that one. Cool

Funny, I hadn't listed to any Bowie in years, but just the other day I spent a full work day grooving out to the Thin White Duke. He has a lot of crap, but when he hits the mark -his stuff is simply great. And so, so unique.

Ashes to ashes
Funk to funky
We know Major Tom's a junkie
Strung out on heaven's high
Hitting an all time
Low...
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:52 pm

Yeah.........what a surprise that was. Walked out of a restaurant and heard the live music at the joint next door..........ventured in to the place and what was the band playing when I floated in?............Heroes by Bowie. Patron Silver !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then they went into White Rabbit. Wow.

Almost as good as the time in Nashville when a session band riffed out While My Guitar Gently Weeps followed by Statesboro Blues. As Tony the Tiger would say...........GRrrrrrrrrrrrrre-ATE!!!!

GO PACKERs
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:54 pm

I saw Bowie live back in around 1982. Great super technically tight live show. Had main floor seats. "Changes" "Suffragette City" all that good stuff man.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:39 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:I saw Bowie live back in around 1982. Great super technically tight live show. Had main floor seats. "Changes" "Suffragette City" all that good stuff man.

I had the good fortune to see David Bowie at Boston Garden in 1976. He's a freak but his music is great. One of my favorites for sure. Heroes, Under Pressure, Rebel Rebel, Young Americans, Fame, TVC15. The list goes on and on. Here's a video of Bowie on Soul Train of all places, singing one of my many favorites, Golden Years.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down