Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets face it, the ride was over

4 posters

Go down

Lets face it, the ride was over Empty Lets face it, the ride was over

Post by guppy Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:29 am

Face it.  The ride with The Big Three was over.  Why wait to start the rebuilding project?  Get it started right away.  Do it now.  Good job Danny Ainge.  It takes balls to do something like this, and you did.  It had to be done.  Love both The Truth and KG.  I thank them for all they gave to Celtics fans, especially Pierce who toughed it out through the bad times as well as the good.  A great all-time Celtic whose number 34 will be retired in Boston some day. 

So we turn the page on an era. 

It was time. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Lets face it, the ride was over Empty Re: Lets face it, the ride was over

Post by George1963 Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:03 am

Face it.  The ride with The Big Three was over.  Why wait to start the rebuilding project?  Get it started right away.  Do it now.  Good job Danny Ainge.

Ainge robbed them. On the Doc deal as well. He pretty much got something for nothing there. I like Doc, but who needs a seven mil a year coach when you're rebuilding?
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:56 pm

George1963 wrote:Face it.  The ride with The Big Three was over.  Why wait to start the rebuilding project?  Get it started right away.  Do it now.  Good job Danny Ainge.

Ainge robbed them. On the Doc deal as well. He pretty much got something for nothing there. I like Doc, but who needs a seven mil a year coach when you're rebuilding?

It was Doc himself that wanted no part of rebuilding.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Was just listening in the car to some sirius sports show.  Adam Schein was raving about the deal.  He feels advantage Nets.

I'll have to wait and see.  Three #1s?  Pierce is what, 35, 36?  KG is 37? 
The crazy Russian owner wants to be on par with the Knicks, not necessarily looking for the Finals.

Glad Brook Lopez wasn't traded. 
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:15 pm

LRJets wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Was just listening in the car to some sirius sports show.  Adam Schein was raving about the deal.  He feels advantage Nets.

I'll have to wait and see.  Three #1s?  Pierce is what, 35, 36?  KG is 37? 
The crazy Russian owner wants to be on par with the Knicks, not necessarily looking for the Finals.

Glad Brook Lopez wasn't traded. 

Pierce is one of my all time favorites, but in my eyes he became a turnover machine.  Just not quick enough any more to stay with the young guys.  Gets his pocket picked way to often, especially in the playoffs.  I cringe when he dribbles too much.   Prepare for him to give you one good night, one bad night, one good night, one bad night, and so on.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:46 pm

George1963 wrote:Face it.  The ride with The Big Three was over.  Why wait to start the rebuilding project?  Get it started right away.  Do it now.  Good job Danny Ainge.

You are 100% right on that, he should do very well in LA, he is exactly what the Clippers need right now to get that team over the hump.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:40 pm

wyckedheart8 wrote:

You are 100% right on that, he should do very well in LA, he is exactly what the Clippers need right now to get that team over the hump.

100% right on about what?  Doc left the Celts.  He did not want to be part of the rebuilding.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:13 am

100% right on about what?  Doc left the Celts.  He did not want to be part of the rebuilding.

He left because he got traded. Without that if he didn't want to coach the Celts next year, or for the next three, he wasn't coaching anywhere and the Celtics were getting nothing.

That's what I meant by Ainge getting something for nothing.
Not sure how Wyckeds comment relates to that.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:19 pm

George1963 wrote: You are 100% right on that, he should do very well in LA, he is exactly what the Clippers need right now to get that team over the hump.

He left because he got traded. Without that if he didn't want to coach the Celts next year, or for the next three, he wasn't coaching anywhere and the Celtics were getting nothing.

That's what I meant by Ainge getting something for nothing.

Once the decision was made firmly by Doc himself that he was moving on, I believe Danny and Doc worked together to make sure the Celtics got something for Doc.  Doc was not going to leave Boston and not insure that the Celtics would get something (1st round pick) in return for him.  After all, he did still have 3 years left on his contract.  Ainge didn't rob L.A. like he just made some brilliant mastermind move and pulled the wool over their eyes.  He was just doing his job as any G.M. should.  But were the C's trying to trade Doc from the get go?  No.  The situation evolved over several weeks, and Doc's non-commital about returning to a rebuild situation contributed to the end result of him ultimately deciding to move on.  He's getting the exact same salary in the new place, so he didn't move for more money.  The difference (besides the chance to win now), is he now gets to coach Chris Paul, and doesn't have to coach Rajon Rondo anymore.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down