Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Sheila. Look out! LOL

5 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Hey Sheila.  Look out!   LOL - Page 5 Empty Re: Hey Sheila. Look out! LOL

Post by guppy Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Gup, on this board or the long-standing AOL boards, you never read anything resembling hatred on my part for Brady. You did read from me that whenever Brady got the ball and dropped back, I feared a TD was coming. More respect for a player, I couldn't give.

LR, I never said you did. Your true respect for TB is well known. I don't mind the teasing posts and pictures. They're funny. I merely posted my response -- the Giants fans "celebrating". ("F*ck Tom Brady"). After their big win the fans are just showing what about the win was most important to them. Not a big deal. I'm sure Brady himself doe't care. Why should I? You keep posting those teasing photos, and I'll keep posting my slightly different ones.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:16 pm

[quote="George1963"]I re-do my contract and you get me Danny Amendola?

Thats right. And its Mr. Amendola to you.

Wooo Hooooo. Am-en-DOL-a. Clap, clap. -- Clap. Clap. Clap.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:43 pm

Gup,, you're a righteous dude. I've never seen you or George draw first blood. George always had great retorts to those (mostly Pats fans) during the Manning-Brady "wars", and the NE-Colts "wars" on the old boards.
This is fun, because I know you and I and George do it for shits and giggles, not a dark side amongst us.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:50 pm

Additionally, I know Amendola will be a plus!
How could he not? Brady has worked with so many receivers and most succeeded, Amendola is groomed for Welker's slot, no pun intended.
Been a long time since I enjoyed Jets football. I hope if they crash again, may they win 3 games, not 6 again.
Tired of seeing DL being drafted. Time for a franchise QB.
If Tannehill has a good season, they will be a force to be reckoned with and they did it fast consdering their last few seasons with poor coaching,ownership and so-so players.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:35 pm

LRJets wrote:Gup,, you're a righteous dude. I've never seen you or George draw first blood. George always had great retorts to those (mostly Pats fans) during the Manning-Brady "wars", and the NE-Colts "wars" on the old boards.
This is fun, because I know you and I and George do it for shits and giggles, not a dark side amongst us.

Definitely. But what is this picture supposed to be? Brady Tebowing?
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:03 pm

Definitely. But what is this picture supposed to be? Brady Tebowing?
You should enter a caption contest. I saw that exact picture captioned,
"Brady Tebowing".
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:04 pm

guppy wrote:Hey, this thread has gotten way too long, don't ya think? lol

Nope...it always makes me laugh! Smile
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:09 pm

LRJets wrote:Gup,, you're a righteous dude. I've never seen you or George draw first blood. George always had great retorts to those (mostly Pats fans) during the Manning-Brady "wars", and the NE-Colts "wars" on the old boards.

I agree. Smile
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:15 pm

[quote="guppy"]
George1963 wrote:I re-do my contract and you get me Danny Amendola?

Absolutely. Amendola deserves all the respect in the world for hitting double digits in games played last year. 11 to be exact. A good number of them back to back which, as you know, pretty much makes him the ironman of the Pats receiving corps.

4 catches 32 yards per outdoor game for his career. Nice.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:21 pm

[quote="George1963"]
guppy wrote:

Absolutely. Amendola deserves all the respect in the world for hitting double digits in games played last year. 11 to be exact. A good number of them back to back which, as you know, pretty much makes him the ironman of the Pats receiving corps.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:16 am

[quote="guppy"]
George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:24 am

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:08 am

I went looking for a picture of Amendola and the first one that came up was this.
From the Boston Herald reporting on his signing.
Pretty funny, I thought.

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:09 am

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:11 am

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:12 am

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:58 am

guppy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Love this one!!
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:08 pm

Not you Gup, tell me you're not a "sour grapes" guy. You loved Welker.
The "Patriot Way" sometimes comes back to haunt the Patriots too. All about $$$$.
For your sake, I hope it doesn't repeat itself. Again.
You know PM and Welker will shine in Denver.
I'll write two words as a clue for the first train wreck.

Adam Viniteri.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:32 pm

LRJets wrote: All about $$$$.

For your sake, I hope it doesn't repeat itself. Again.

I'll write two words as a clue for the first train wreck.

Adam Viniteri.

LR, why don't we just make a list:

Adam Viniteri
Babe Ruth
Johnny Damon
Ray Allen
Wade Boggs
Kevin Youkilis
Curtis Martin
Roger Clemens
Wes Welker

But that's all OK. Really. They all had to do what's best for them, and changing teams is just a fact of life. Its all good, because in Boston, there is only room for a very few heros on our Sports Mount Rushmore. They would be those few legends that played their entire careers here and were champions in every sense: Bill Russell, Bob Cousy, John Havilcek, Bobby Orr, Larry Bird, Ted Williams, Carl Yazstremski, and when he's all done, Tom Brady is definitely up there as well.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:03 pm

LR, why don't we just make a list:

Adam Viniteri
Babe Ruth
Johnny Damon
Ray Allen
Wade Boggs
Kevin Youkilis
Curtis Martin
Roger Clemens
Wes Welker

Gup...all teams in all sports lose players for one reason or another. I was referring to a guy that "single-footedly" won a Super Bowl!! Won other games in the last seconds too. Look, the Jets lost Darelle Revis because they a) simply could not afford his demands, and b) the Jets like many other teams wouldn't pay a corner back close to elite quarterback monies.
Babe Ruth? Was sold so the Red Sox owner could capitalize a Broadway show. Curtis Martin went with Parcells. clemens is a jerk everywhere he went.
We're talking in the Welker and Vinitari about $2 million each over the life of long-term contracts. Both proven winners. Fortunately the Pats have a good FG kicker, and I'm sure Amendola will fit right in. It's the idea.
Three people are safe in New England. Alphabetically:
Belichick
Brady
Kraft.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:01 pm

LRJets wrote:LR, why don't we just make a list:

Adam Viniteri
Babe Ruth
Johnny Damon
Ray Allen
Wade Boggs
Kevin Youkilis
Curtis Martin
Roger Clemens
Wes Welker

Gup...all teams in all sports lose players for one reason or another. I was referring to a guy that "single-footedly" won a Super Bowl!! Won other games in the last seconds too. Look, the Jets lost Darelle Revis because they a) simply could not afford his demands, and b) the Jets like many other teams wouldn't pay a corner back close to elite quarterback monies.
Babe Ruth? Was sold so the Red Sox owner could capitalize a Broadway show. Curtis Martin went with Parcells. clemens is a jerk everywhere he went.
We're talking in the Welker and Vinitari about $2 million each over the life of long-term contracts. Both proven winners. Fortunately the Pats have a good FG kicker, and I'm sure Amendola will fit right in. It's the idea.
Three people are safe in New England. Alphabetically:
Belichick
Brady
Kraft.

OK, I see your clarification. So, at bottom, your main point is what? What exactly do you mean by saying, "Its the idea"? Is it that the Patriots by letting Vinatieri go over realtively "small" dollars made a mistake because they let go a winner, but, on the other hand, they luckily didn't suffer too much damage, if any, because his replacement, Gostkowski, turned out to be pretty good as well? And that non-signing Welker may be a mistake, but we'll wait and see about Amendola, and then we'll know how bad of a mistake it was? When you say, "Its the idea", are you criticizing NE's business practice (no one is safe)? I'm not sure. Are you saying NE is heartless or disloyal to proven winners, or something along those lines? Or, are you merely saying that with very few exceptions, players move to other teams, and that is simply a fact of life? In other words, "Its the idea". OK, ya, but what about it? Is the "idea" bad, good, smart, dumb, ruthless, simply business, or none of the above?
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:10 pm

Are you saying NE is heartless or disloyal to proven winners, or something along those lines? Or, are you merely saying that with very few exceptions, players move to other teams, and that is simply a fact of life? In other words, "Its the idea". OK, ya, but what about it? Is the "idea" bad, good, smart, dumb, ruthless, simply business, or none of the above?
What I'm saying is we're both right partially.
The Patriots are known (Kraft) doesn't have a loose wallet like say the late Al Davis or Dan Snyder.
What bodes well with Kraft, since Brady came aboard, Kraft, with Brady as the nucleus of his offense , seems to use a "clip and paste" manner and it proved to work out well. Kraft/BB just plug in the missing slots and succeed.
The weakest part in my opinion during the Brady era is the running game. Brady has compensated for that.
Finally, my point is for a few million total, they could have kept Adam and Welker. BB/Kraft took a chance and they succeeded with replacements. Amendola, not being a rookie, we know he can play. His biggest issue is staying healthy.
Lecture over!Very Happy
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:00 pm

LRJets wrote:Are you saying NE is heartless or disloyal to proven winners, or something along those lines? Or, are you merely saying that with very few exceptions, players move to other teams, and that is simply a fact of life? In other words, "Its the idea". OK, ya, but what about it? Is the "idea" bad, good, smart, dumb, ruthless, simply business, or none of the above?
What I'm saying is we're both right partially.
The Patriots are known (Kraft) doesn't have a loose wallet like say the late Al Davis or Dan Snyder.
What bodes well with Kraft, since Brady came aboard, Kraft, with Brady as the nucleus of his offense , seems to use a "clip and paste" manner and it proved to work out well. Kraft/BB just plug in the missing slots and succeed.
The weakest part in my opinion during the Brady era is the running game. Brady has compensated for that.
Finally, my point is for a few million total, they could have kept Adam and Welker. BB/Kraft took a chance and they succeeded with replacements. Amendola, not being a rookie, we know he can play. His biggest issue is staying healthy.
Lecture over!Very Happy

Not taken as a lecture so much as simply a discussion. Yes, for a few million they could have kept Adam and Welker. BB has been given the reigns by Kraft, and he does whatever the hell he wants. Clearly. Remember the outcry when he let Richard Seymour go? All Belichick. I really don't know anyone who says what BB does works all the time. His success at team construction is mixed. Fans are emotional about players. BB clearly is not. Is that ruthless? In a way, probably yes. But maybe that's what you want from your GM in today's NFL. Maybe not a bad thing. People loved Welker. Some of those people can't wait for Welker to succeed in Denver with Manning, and for Amendola to fail, just so they can jump all over BB. "In Bill We Trust"?? Maybe sometimes. Maybe not some other times. On balance, if you're a Pats fan you gotta go with him and his moves. However, the standard is high. Just being good is not good enough. Going 14-2, 13-3, and then getting bounced in the first or second round of the playoffs is not good enough. Will see how the offense functions wthout Welker. George thinks it is a pedestrian offense at best. I think the team survived without Seymour. I think the team survived without Vinitieri. I think the team will survive without Welker. But its still a bummer for fans. For those of us who root for the laundry, all I can say is, Lets go Danny Amendola. He's the guy now wearing the right laundry.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:38 am

I think the team will survive without Welker. But its still a bummer for fans.
They sure will!
Brady has done so well, his play masks missing players. I saw a table on ESPN showing the Pats' production without Gronk in the line up. Was there a deficiency? Sure, but not significant enough to make that big a difference.
As far as us fans go, we get a certain loyalty to players in all sports, and when they're gone from our team, we get pissed.
As the players always say, "look I know it's a business".
Knicks fans fell in love with Jeremy Lin. The Knicks wouldn't match Houston's offer. Gone!
Revis too.
You can name plenty of players in Boston that left despite the fans' regard for him.
What's that guy's name who is Brady's brother-in-law? Oh Kevin Yukilis:). He left for "greener" pastures. Chit happens.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:51 am

LRJets wrote: I think the team will survive without Welker. But its still a bummer for fans.
They sure will!
Brady has done so well, his play masks missing players. I saw a table on ESPN showing the Pats' production without Gronk in the line up. Was there a deficiency? Sure, but not significant enough to make that big a difference.

It was big enough to make them 5-4 in games he was out or limited.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next