Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draft So Far

3 posters

Go down

Draft So Far Empty Draft So Far

Post by RLON39 Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:06 am

Worst Move = Miami Dolphins, moving up for a guy who is hardly a sure thing.
Jedi Mind Trick = I don't know how Bellicheck manages to get so many extra draft pciks from the weak minded, deperate teams, but he keeps getting them.
Worst Draft Thus Far = Surprise surprise, the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets.
Jarvis Jones = Solid pick, but it could go either way. Obviously, this guy has to get into better shape, but I don't question his football heart and instincts.
Round 2 Wish = I personally am crossing my fingers for WR Hunter, but Woods would be a good consolation prize. They may have their pick of the three top ILBs in this draft, Brown, Teo or Minter....The other possibility for value is S Cyprien, but I personally prefer Shamarko Thomas in the third. I don't know if they are high on Franklin...I doubt Lacey lasts, but that would be simply marvelous. But, in the end, don't forget, there is an excellent defensive linman on the board, and I won't speak his name because i DON'T WANT TO JINX IT.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Draft So Far Empty Re: Draft So Far

Post by leejr Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:44 am

With Jones, he has the nose for the ball,but running 4.9 playing outside at his age now,this could be a mess
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:43 pm

leejr wrote:With Jones, he has the nose for the ball,but running 4.9 playing outside at his age now,this could be a mess
Jarvis Jones has a damn good college career, however I really dont think you will get much more then 3 decent years out of him with the neck injury and the Spinal Stenosis, after his body starts taking the punishment the NFL dishes out I think that will be the beginning of the end for Jones, I really wish him the best no mater what team he plays for, I dont wish anyone to suffer pain and the disease Jones has, IMO it was a big gamble taking him in the 1st but if it worksd out he is going to be pretty good LB is he can get some speed, plus his strength and conditioning lacks some as well. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:03 pm

LeVeon Bell?? For the record, I don't like this pick. Saw him play numerous games at MSU. At 6'1 he is a giant target and runs east west. His pass protect blocking is nonexistent

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:32 am

however I really dont think you will get much more then 3 decent years out of him^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, the doctors cleared him and the Steelers drafted him at 1-17 because they know they'll get three good years out of him...go away clown. Focus on the Browns fucking up yet another draft rather than wishing this upon us. On thing I know is that Jarvis Jones is a much better football player that either Mingo or Jordan...he's down training with Tom Shaw and Ike Taylor now, so I'd expect him to be in better shape, and quicker, come the preseason. If you watch the tape, his short area quickness is amazing, and he's basically a plug and play OLB in this scheme. I would have ratehr had Jonathon Cooper, but he was taken ridiculously high. What would have been a preferable pick at 1-17. I'd love to hear it and participate in the debate....

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:34 am

As for Bell, I didn't expect that pick...I was screaming for Lacey. Bell is a huge guy with incredibly quick feet, so the ceiling is very high. When I watch the tape, I see a smooth, patient runner with good vision. I thought Lacey's vision was similarly good, but the Steelers preferred Bell in the passing game, as he has good blocking and receiving skills, making them consider him a three down back. That's what solidified their decision, and they claim he was the second round target all along. I was praying for Hunter, but I knew it wouldn't happen.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down