Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stafford To Johnson

2 posters

Go down

Stafford To Johnson Empty Stafford To Johnson

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:18 pm

This could develop into one of, if not the best, symbiotic combinations of QB to WR, approaching what Montana and Rice, or Manning and any of his WR were. If they are both blessed with good health there is not much of a ceiling for the next several years.

Back to top Go down

Stafford To Johnson Empty Re: Stafford To Johnson

Post by Dawildboar Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:23 am

I agree 100% McB, time to shore up the offensive line to keep Matt's uniform clean.
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Stafford To Johnson Empty Though it will have to be done during the draft

Post by meiden Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:16 pm

at the expense of the defense. So far all that is being talked about is visits from a couple of injured OL and a backup CB in free agency. Really starting to wonder what Mayhew has planned. McNeill has had multiple neck issues on top of a spinal issue he has had from birth. He was really good in '06 and '07 but maybe no better than Backus since and hasn't played a full season since '09. Not a high level of confidence.

Geoff Schwartz has all of one year of starting under his belt but hasn't played since '10. Again...no warm and fuzzies that he will be much of an improvement over Peterman who the coaches supposedly loved.

Finally it is a look at Winston. I know some don't like Cherilus but it seems that RT is about fourth on the priority list of improvement on the OL.

I'd love to see an upgrade at OL but really don't see it with the guys being reported as visiting AP. Still early but the good players are dropping off quickly.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:51 pm

Mike you are prob'ly correct about not finding an upgrade in the current crop of visitors to Allen Park. However, some of these woe-be-gone souls will be filed away on Mayhew's list of, "Street people" to be called up in case of injuries. One thing we need to be aware of, this isn't the old Lions failed front offices of the past evaluating talent. Of course they are not perfect, but, they have done pretty well so far. At least well enough for us to have some optimism. Mike I know you are not, by nature a flaming optimist, but, you certainly are a couple shades closer than you were a couple years ago, Thank the Lord.

Back to top Go down

Stafford To Johnson Empty Absolutely RL

Post by meiden Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:56 pm

For all my past questioning/criticism of Mayhew and all the future gum smacking from me, Mayhew is WORLDS better than Millen and his hires better than anything the color analyst ever could've done. It is a whole lot nicer to be whining and complaining about Mayhew not getting this team to SB caliber than it was whining about not getting to be a playoff caliber team. Heck...back then we'd have all been ecstatic about a 6 or 7 win season!!!

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:06 pm

Mike, what do you mean saying, "back then we'd have all been ecstatic about a 6 or 7 win season!!!" We were ecstatic when the record was 6-2 the first half of a season, until it fell completely apart, thereafter. That was truly bitter.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down