Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not defending them this time

4 posters

Go down

Not defending them this time Empty Not defending them this time

Post by guppy Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:32 am

My team, the Patriots, deserved what they got this time. Totally shit the bed in the second half (and really at the end of the first half when they completely screwed up the time management and were forced to settle for a FG, without even giving themselves a shot at the end zone, and seriously, the game was probably lost right there when they came out of the half with only a six point lead, and I'm sure the Ravens feel really good going into the half). Probably the worst half of Patriots football I've seen since Tony Eason was QB. Its mind boggling how bad they were in the second half. Think of it this way. They were 67-0 at Gillette when leading at the half. Now they're 67-1. Absolutely crazy.

I'm not defending them this time with regard to their overall performance in this game -- both halfs, so if any of you want to have at a Patriots fan (it has to me since I'm the only one on this board), go ahead, take your shot, I don't mind. The Pats are good. Just not good enough; I certainly get that. What changes they need for next year is another discussion. Were they overrated this year with that point spread? Obviously, yes. But thats not their fault, they don't set the spread. I hope they are never favored in any game ever again. Being the underdog is the way to go, and produces the best attitude in players' heads going into a game. I'm not hiding, and I'm not hiding the fact that this loss sucks. So go ahead fans, fire away.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Not defending them this time Empty Re: Not defending them this time

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:39 am

guppy wrote:My team, the Patriots, deserved what they got this time. Totally shit the bed in the second half (and really at the end of the first half when they completely screwed up the time management and were forced to settle for a FG, without even giving themselves a shot at the end zone, and seriously, the game was probably lost right there when they came out of the half with only a six point lead, and I'm sure the Ravens feel really good going into the half). Probably the worst half of Patriots football I've seen since Tony Eason was QB. Its mind boggling how bad they were in the second half. Think of it this way. They were 67-0 at Gillette when leading at the half. Now they're 67-1. Absolutely crazy.

I'm not defending them this time with regard to their overall performance in this game -- both halfs, so if any of you want to have at a Patriots fan (it has to me since I'm the only one on this board), go ahead, take your shot, I don't mind. The Pats are good. Just not good enough; I certainly get that. What changes they need for next year is another discussion. Were they overrated this year with that point spread? Obviously, yes. But thats not their fault, they don't set the spread. I hope they are never favored in any game ever again. Being the underdog is the way to go, and produces the best attitude in players' heads going into a game. I'm not hiding, and I'm not hiding the fact that this loss sucks. So go ahead fans, fire away.

Yes, it does suck when your team loses, sorry for you that they lost. I do agree though, a game is always more exciting when your team is the underdog! Sometimes, the expectations are just too great from the top dog team.
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:33 pm

guppy wrote:My team, the Patriots, deserved what they got this time. Totally shit the bed in the second half (and really at the end of the first half when they completely screwed up the time management and were forced to settle for a FG, without even giving themselves a shot at the end zone, and seriously, the game was probably lost right there when they came out of the half with only a six point lead, and I'm sure the Ravens feel really good going into the half). Probably the worst half of Patriots football I've seen since Tony Eason was QB. Its mind boggling how bad they were in the second half. Think of it this way. They were 67-0 at Gillette when leading at the half. Now they're 67-1. Absolutely crazy.

They're soft Gup. As a team, they're just soft. They pride themselves on being tough and aggressive when they're smacking around the Colts and Bills and Texans of the world, but when they start getting smacked back, or smacked first, they wilt.
A Pats fan I know put it best a few years ago when she said the Patriots made a concerted effort to be more like the Colts after they lost to them in the 2006 AFCCG. God help them they succeeded.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:38 pm

They're soft Gup. As a team, they're just soft. They pride themselves on being tough and aggressive when they're smacking around the Colts and Bills and Texans of the world, but when they start getting smacked back, or smacked first, they wilt.

George you left out dirty....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:10 pm

LRJets wrote:They're soft Gup. As a team, they're just soft. They pride themselves on being tough and aggressive when they're smacking around the Colts and Bills and Texans of the world, but when they start getting smacked back, or smacked first, they wilt.

George you left out dirty....

LOL. I liked how the announcer said after the play that Brady threw up his leg to "Protect himself". From what? Are Ed Reeds testicles really that threatening?
Right as I'm typing this ESPN radio is saying a league fine is "likely" for the action so, I guess the answer is no. In the leagues opinion Tom Brady had no reason to fear Reeds nuts.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:05 pm

George, they are soft. They were out physicaled, no doubt. When Talib went out, that did change things. They sucked in the Red Zone without Gronk, who is the biggest red zone threat. Still, they need more physical players next year. This year, the bottom line is, a pretty darn good year got exposed and wiped away in merely 2 quarters of football.

I don't know how intentional Brady's high leg was or not. Didn't look good though. I said I'm not defending them, and I'm not defending that move either. If he gets fined, so be it, I won't argue it. That play pissed me off as much as any in the game. I know -- everybody knows -- he can't run. But, to me, in that spot, he's got to at least try. Try for the first, or try for the sideline to stop the clock and save the timeout. It was both a horrible decision to slide, and a horrible slide itself. Screw it. Fine the fucker. Grrrrrrr. Excuse me, I'm going to go punch a wall now.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:15 pm

guppy wrote:George, they are soft. They were out physicaled, no doubt. When Talib went out, that did change things. They sucked in the Red Zone without Gronk, who is the biggest red zone threat. Still, they need more physical players next year. This year, the bottom line is, a pretty darn good year got exposed and wiped away in merely 2 quarters of football.

I don't know how intentional Brady's high leg was or not. Didn't look good though. I said I'm not defending them, and I'm not defending that move either. If he gets fined, so be it, I won't argue it. That play pissed me off as much as any in the game. I know -- everybody knows -- he can't run. But, to me, in that spot, he's got to at least try. Try for the first, or try for the sideline to stop the clock and save the timeout. It was both a horrible decision to slide, and a horrible slide itself. Screw it. Fine the fucker. Grrrrrrr. Excuse me, I'm going to go punch a wall now.

After I posted the above, I just read where Brady reached out to Ed Reed and apologized. I said I wouldn't defend it before I saw that he apologized. They settled it, and Reed said, "Its all good." At least Tom acknowledged he was wrong and did apologize to the other player involved. So I say fine him. Whats right is right, and whats wrong is wrong. It all symbolic anyway, since I kinda think his wallet can absorb the hit.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:23 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:

Yes, it does suck when your team loses, sorry for you that they lost. I do agree though, a game is always more exciting when your team is the underdog! Sometimes, the expectations are just too great from the top dog team.

Thanks for your words Sheila. Its true what you say about expectations. If expectations are not blown unrealistically out of proportion, then, as a fan, you would not have to deal with a season that can be summed up like this: LOL

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:22 pm

Hey Gup....you've always been a good sport in good and bad times re: NE. This entire season when I read something Jets by PFT (Florio and crew), they seem to instigate the troops and there are more comments from Jets haters than any other team. From Feet to Buttfumbles, to tattoos, to new GMs to Tebow, etc. etc. Count NE fans as major contributors.

I always reply that "you assistant shipping and receiving clerks get a lot of coffee breaks" (and other things) and yes many come from Pats fans.

You are a shining example of fairness.........so.........I have to tell ya..

NE has not won a thing since Eric Mangini has departed.Laughing

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:05 pm

I think the Pats threw the game so James Ihedigbo could have another shot at a ring.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:46 pm

LRJets wrote:Hey Gup....you've always been a good sport in good and bad times re: NE. This entire season when I read something Jets by PFT (Florio and crew), they seem to instigate the troops and there are more comments from Jets haters than any other team. From Feet to Buttfumbles, to tattoos, to new GMs to Tebow, etc. etc. Count NE fans as major contributors.

I always reply that "you assistant shipping and receiving clerks get a lot of coffee breaks" (and other things) and yes many come from Pats fans.

You are a shining example of fairness.........so.........I have to tell ya..

NE has not won a thing since Eric Mangini has departed.Laughing

Now that is pretty f*ing funny. lol!

Mangenius may be the only branch of the Belichick tree that didn't die on the vine.

Bill looks a lot younger in that picture doesn't he? Hair is darker. Face is less wrinkled. In all seriousness though I consider him a great coach. The part of his makeup where he seems to go out of his way, when he doesn't have to, to piss people off, I just don't get. I think it would actually take less effort to be more personable than to draw all this hate to himself. In other words, he's using up (wasting) needless energy to attract all the negativity. Why do it? Take John Harbaugh's post game comments. He was pretty cool, I thought. Granted he just won, so he's in great mood, but still, seems like a nice guy as well as a good coach. Did you see what he said about his words with Belichick when they had their hug at mid field? He said Bill was "so classy in what he said. I'll treasure that conversation forever." I guess Bill picks and chooses who he is nice to. Football people, yes; media members, not so much.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:48 pm

George1963 wrote:I think the Pats threw the game so James Ihedigbo could have another shot at a ring.

Maybe they should have kept Ihedigbo instead of Patrick Chung.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:18 am

Mangenius may be the only branch of the Belichick tree that didn't die on the vine.

Mangini with 2 coaching jobs behind him has a nice gig at ESPN. He knows his stuff, a calm demeanor and a Ct. resident.

Parcells' tree is nice with BB and Sean Peyton as his two stars.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down