Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About time :)

2 posters

Go down

About time  :) Empty About time :)

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:38 am

By [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Published: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 6:16 p.m.
Updated 3 hours ago

The Steelers released offensive tackle Jonathan Scott on Thursday, two days after they re-signed left tackle Max Starks to a one-year contract.

Scott, who was set to make $2.2 million this season, lost his starting job when Starks returned four games into last season.

Scott started 14 of 28 regular season games the past two seasons. The former Texas tackle played for the Detroit Lions in 2006-07 and the Bills in 2008-09.

The move frees up about $1.7 million of salary cap space the Steelers could use if they come to terms with receiver Mike Wallace, who is attempting to negotiate a multiyear contract. Wallace skipped the team’s offseason workouts and minicamp.

Back to top Go down

About time  :) Empty Re: About time :)

Post by RLON39 Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:37 am

This likely means that they will reach an agreement with Wallace in the next few days. I think he should make less than Ray Rice's deal, as he's not the player Rice is, so it will be interesting to see the final numbers.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:01 pm

RLON39 wrote:This likely means that they will reach an agreement with Wallace in the next few days. I think he should make less than Ray Rice's deal, as he's not the player Rice is, so it will be interesting to see the final numbers.
I called this move a couple of days ago... see the thread: welcome back Max Starks.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down