Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hmmm... I do NOT like MM's tone of voice or body language

5 posters

Go down

Hmmm... I do NOT like MM's tone of voice or body language Empty Hmmm... I do NOT like MM's tone of voice or body language

Post by duck Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Hmmm... I do NOT like MM's tone of voice or body language Empty Re: Hmmm... I do NOT like MM's tone of voice or body language

Post by RingoCStarrQB Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:18 am

Somehow MM ended up winning the North Division.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Hmmm... I do NOT like MM's tone of voice or body language Empty Re: Hmmm... I do NOT like MM's tone of voice or body language

Post by MB20 Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:23 am

Even worse IMO is how his players are becoming overtly demonstrative in their criticisms/public treatment of him. You had half the locker room openly questioning his play-calling in Indy, Rodgers screaming at him for throwing that challenge flag, Nelson scrambling to pick it up- it tells me that this is a team who likes their head coach but thinks he's an idiot. If this is true, I think MM has one more year to get his shit together. You can't piss away the prime of Aaron Rodgers' career with a doofus coaching staff.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by PackFanKnowItAll Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:12 am

All I can say is that I am VERY disappointed that the refs did not hand yesterday's game to Aron Rogers, the best QB to EVER play the game! It was obvious right from the start that the NFL had an agenda to make sure Aron didn't have every advantage possible to win. And the worst part is that it made my usual strutting up and down the street last night and this morning quite uncomfortable. Instead of tasty microbrews and salutes, my neighbors had the NERVE to actually point and laugh at me! How DARE they! Some even threw eggs and rotten tomatoes in my direction! They're just jealous, JEALOUS, petty people, I tell you! But they'll be sorry. When the Packers win the Superbowl I will make it my duty to stick in right in their face, to let them know how great I am because of the accomplishments of the Packers! YEAH!! I can't WAIT for this to happen. And it will! YEAH!!!
PackFanKnowItAll
PackFanKnowItAll

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:44 am

MB20 wrote:Even worse IMO is how his players are becoming overtly demonstrative in their criticisms/public treatment of him. You had half the locker room openly questioning his play-calling in Indy, Rodgers screaming at him for throwing that challenge flag, Nelson scrambling to pick it up- it tells me that this is a team who likes their head coach but thinks he's an idiot. If this is true, I think MM has one more year to get his shit together. You can't piss away the prime of Aaron Rodgers' career with a doofus coaching staff.

I'll give you that the challenge flag fiasco was a major fuck up by MM. However, I think he made some good adjustments as the game went along. Somehow he jump-started the offense after a bad start. Benching Grant to go with Harris was a smart move. I liked the fact that he didn't completely abandon the run game even when we ere down two scores.

Everyone is ragging on the prevent defense Capers went into when Ponder made that critical 3rd-and-11 pass late in the game, but that's what most coaches call in such a situation. The commentators even remarked that the Packers had called the "perfect" defense. It was just a matter of poor execution, IMHO.

Likewise, I don't think the plays by Peterson were the result of poor schemes or any coaching blunders. The guy was just in beast mode and our guys couldn't tackle him.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:28 pm

duck wrote:
MB20 wrote:Even worse IMO is how his players are becoming overtly demonstrative in their criticisms/public treatment of him. You had half the locker room openly questioning his play-calling in Indy, Rodgers screaming at him for throwing that challenge flag, Nelson scrambling to pick it up- it tells me that this is a team who likes their head coach but thinks he's an idiot. If this is true, I think MM has one more year to get his shit together. You can't piss away the prime of Aaron Rodgers' career with a doofus coaching staff.

I'll give you that the challenge flag fiasco was a major fuck up by MM. However, I think he made some good adjustments as the game went along. Somehow he jump-started the offense after a bad start. Benching Grant to go with Harris was a smart move. I liked the fact that he didn't completely abandon the run game even when we ere down two scores.

Everyone is ragging on the prevent defense Capers went into when Ponder made that critical 3rd-and-11 pass late in the game, but that's what most coaches call in such a situation. The commentators even remarked that the Packers had called the "perfect" defense. It was just a matter of poor execution, IMHO.

Likewise, I don't think the plays by Peterson were the result of poor schemes or any coaching blunders. The guy was just in beast mode and our guys couldn't tackle him.

MM's body language is about normal. The man was tired and cold. It was a very emotional, stressful game from start to finish. Not even the fans could rest.

The change to Harris as he stated was going with the hot hand. Although Grant was our leading rusher last year it was Starks who had the big game in the Dome for us. Next week with the colder, slower turf it may be Grant who is more of a North-South pounder who has the success.

In 2010 we put up 31 points there. In 2011 we put up 33 points. Both were wins. Our defense did not do its part this year. Last year we probably score 42 while giving up 38.

Capers DID botch this up. If the Vikings had to go 80 yards and we have a 7 point lead you probably can use a few 3 man in and 8 back. But they were only 35 yards from FG range when they received the kickoff. Even Lovie would have had 4 in with the cover 2. Just watch the Skins last night. Romo was in a similar situation late in the 4th. The Skins went with the blitz and Romo throws a pick. Game over. We have a premier pass rusher and we neutralized him. That is like the Vikings lining Peterson up as a wide out when you have a 3rd and short yardage situation.

Besides the AP factor you have to give the Vikings offensive line credit with their blocking. They looked better than when they had McKinney and Hutchinson on one side which is hard to believe.

milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:49 pm

milani wrote:
duck wrote:

MM's body language is about normal. The man was tired and cold. It was a very emotional, stressful game from start to finish. Not even the fans could rest.

The change to Harris as he stated was going with the hot hand. Although Grant was our leading rusher last year it was Starks who had the big game in the Dome for us. Next week with the colder, slower turf it may be Grant who is more of a North-South pounder who has the success.

In 2010 we put up 31 points there. In 2011 we put up 33 points. Both were wins. Our defense did not do its part this year. Last year we probably score 42 while giving up 38.

Capers DID botch this up. If the Vikings had to go 80 yards and we have a 7 point lead you probably can use a few 3 man in and 8 back. But they were only 35 yards from FG range when they received the kickoff. Even Lovie would have had 4 in with the cover 2. Just watch the Skins last night. Romo was in a similar situation late in the 4th. The Skins went with the blitz and Romo throws a pick. Game over. We have a premier pass rusher and we neutralized him. That is like the Vikings lining Peterson up as a wide out when you have a 3rd and short yardage situation.

Besides the AP factor you have to give the Vikings offensive line credit with their blocking. They looked better than when they had McKinney and Hutchinson on one side which is hard to believe.

Of course we could go on endlessly about "what if" scenarios. Had we blitzed and gotten to Ponder, Capers would have been a genius.

Aikman seemed to think we had the perfect defense for that down and distance... and had it been properly executed, the Packers probably would have gotten the ball back. There's no way we should have let a receiver get that open near the sideline with two DBs bracketing him.

IMHO, it was a defensive fuck up in execution... not scheme.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down