Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another shift in language

5 posters

Go down

Another shift in language Empty Another shift in language

Post by duck Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:44 pm

Anyone else notice this?  There's been another shift in the language about Rodgers.  Last week it was an "organizational decision"... now according to McCarthy it's a "decision between Ted Thompson and I."  No talk about medical stuff anymore.

Subtle shift, yes, but I think it's very clear Rodgers is being iced... and exactly by whom we're starting to find out.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Another shift in language Empty Re: Another shift in language

Post by MrEd4748 Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:14 pm

duck wrote:Anyone else notice this?  There's been another shift in the language about Rodgers.  Last week it was an "organizational decision"... now according to McCarthy it's a "decision between Ted Thompson and I."  No talk about medical stuff anymore.

Subtle shift, yes, but I think it's very clear Rodgers is being iced... and exactly by whom we're starting to find out.

So do you think TT and MM will thaw Rodgers out for the Bears game, Duck?

MrEd4748

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:31 pm

MrEd4748 wrote:
duck wrote:Anyone else notice this?  There's been another shift in the language about Rodgers.  Last week it was an "organizational decision"... now according to McCarthy it's a "decision between Ted Thompson and I."  No talk about medical stuff anymore.

So do you think TT and MM will thaw Rodgers out for the Bears game, Duck?

What do I think, Mr. Ed?  I think Thompson (or Thompson AND McCarthy together) made the decision three weeks ago that this season was lost, or better put, there is virtually no chance that Green Bay with all its injuries could win the Super Bowl this year... so they decided to protect their #1 asset from any future injury and are keeping him on ice until next year.

I would be stunned if Rodgers takes another snap even if Green Bay beats Chicago and makes the playoffs.

Mind you, I don't like it... but that's what I believe has happened.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEd4748 Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:30 pm

If that's the case, Rodgers is doing a good job hiding his displeasure, considering he has said he's ready to play and wants to contribute.  I guess I can't blame the hard core fans on this forum for being pissed at Packers management and throwing in the towel before the final game has been played.

MrEd4748

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:02 pm

Honestly, I think if they don't let Rodgers play this week it's going to be the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. And there will be zero chance all 3 men involved will be here this time next year.

ZERO CHANCE.

Makin' my call.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:13 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Honestly, I think if they don't let Rodgers play this week it's going to be the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. And there will be zero chance all 3 men involved will be here this time next year.

ZERO CHANCE.

Makin' my call.

Yeah, he's been healthy enough to take practice snaps for the past 3 weeks, but his collarbone isn't healing nearly fast enough for him to go play? There is some hinky, hinky shit going on here.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:28 pm

MrEd4748 wrote:If that's the case, Rodgers is doing a good job hiding his displeasure, considering he has said he's ready to play and wants to contribute.  I guess I can't blame the hard core fans on this forum for being pissed at Packers management and throwing in the towel before the final game has been played.

Too bad he did not have a wife like Kurt Warner's. She'd be on a rampage crusading for his PT no matter what the cause.  And she'd probably get her way.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down