Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARD WAS NEVR OFFERED A PAY CUT LIKE REPORTS SAID

4 posters

Go down

WARD WAS NEVR OFFERED A PAY CUT LIKE REPORTS SAID Empty WARD WAS NEVR OFFERED A PAY CUT LIKE REPORTS SAID

Post by wyckedheart8 Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] might be remembered as an all-time Steeler, but it appears the team didn't waver over ending its relationship with the 14-year veteran.

(function() {
/* define adPath */
nfl.createVideoPlayer({
contentId: "09000d5d8274d1d6",

related: "team",

adSetting: "1",

size: "small",
dartURL: "http://ad.doubleclick.net/pfadx/nfl.news/story;s1=story;slot=inpage;url=story;nfl=ad;!category=;kw=;prtnr=around-the-league;team=pit;conf=afc;dvsn=acn;plyr=benjamin_roethlisberger;plyr=hines_ward;plyr=jerricho_cotchery;tile=10;test=;sz=640x360;ord=" + (window.adRandom || nfl.constants.AD_RANDOM) + "?",
html5DartURL: ("http://ad.doubleclick.net/pfadx/nfl.news/story/html5;s1=story;player=html5;slot=inpage;url=story;nfl=ad;!category=;kw=;prtnr=around-the-league;team=pit;conf=afc;dvsn=acn;plyr=benjamin_roethlisberger;plyr=hines_ward;plyr=jerricho_cotchery;tile=10;test=;sz=640x360{dcopt};ord=" + (window.adRandom || nfl.constants.AD_RANDOM) + "?").replace('{dcopt}',''),
uniqid: "09000d5d827510ca"
});
}());

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]HQ video delivered by Akamai

One day after the Steelers announced their plans to release the durable wideout, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thursday that Ward wasn't offered a chance to take a pay cut.

Ward had two years and $8 million remaining on his contract. The Steelers dropped him out of their starting lineup Nov. 13 in Cincinnati, and he played sparingly for the remainder of the season.

The plan to replace Ward already might be in place, as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s agent [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that he has had "productive talks" with the team regarding his client.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the quarterback in both of Pittsburgh's Super Bowl seasons during Ward's tenure, praised the wideout's contribution to the Steelers.

"Hines is Black and Gold," Ben Roethlisberger [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Thursday. "I see him and wonder what it'll be like for me late in my career, things like that. It's hard. Two of my favorite players growing up, Joe Montana and Jerry Rice, they're still 49ers. Hines will always be a Steeler."

Ward, 35, could conceivably try to catch on with another team, but Roethlisberger is right: Some guys will only be remembered in one uniform. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

WARD WAS NEVR OFFERED A PAY CUT LIKE REPORTS SAID Empty Re: WARD WAS NEVR OFFERED A PAY CUT LIKE REPORTS SAID

Post by wyckedheart8 Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Sorry for all that mumbo-jumbo crap there in the middle of my post gang.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

WARD WAS NEVR OFFERED A PAY CUT LIKE REPORTS SAID Empty Re: WARD WAS NEVR OFFERED A PAY CUT LIKE REPORTS SAID

Post by leejr Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:13 pm

My opinion, Ward should have retired. When Rooney didn't say anything after Ward said he would take the cut,right then and there,the Steelers was finish with him.
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:18 pm

leejr wrote:My opinion, Ward should have retired. When Rooney didn't say anything after Ward said he would take the cut,right then and there,the Steelers was finish with him.

I think he has a few good years left in him. The dude is a chain mover and would be a good addition with any team that has some needs at WR. It's going to be tough for me to see him play for another team but I wish him well.

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:28 pm

I believe he can contribute. But, what he brings to the game at this stage in his career, teams are not going to pay him for what he thinks he's worth.Teams will use a 2nd, or 3rd string to do what Ward brings to a team now. Sorry, but,it's the nature of the business
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:30 pm

leejr wrote:I believe he can contribute. But, what he brings to the game at this stage in his career, teams are not going to pay him for what he thinks he's worth.Teams will use a 2nd, or 3rd string to do what Ward brings to a team now. Sorry, but,it's the nature of the business

I think he'll play for VET minimum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]undefined
DiehardSteelersfan wrote:
leejr wrote:I believe he can contribute. But, what he brings to the game at this stage in his career, teams are not going to pay him for what he thinks he's worth.Teams will use a 2nd, or 3rd string to do what Ward brings to a team now. Sorry, but,it's the nature of the business

I think he'll play for VET minimum.

I did not watch him enough to say either way but for some reason I do not expect to see him produce much at all anymore. At least not in crunch time when it really counts. Maybe on a scrub team...I do not think he still has the goods is what I am opining...his 2011 numbers are pretty shabby.

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:47 pm

If he play again,7 times out of 10 it will be on a scrub team
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:51 pm

I did not watch him enough to say either way but for some reason I do not expect to see him produce much at all anymore. At least not in crunch time when it really counts. Maybe on a scrub team...I do not think he still has the goods is what I am opining...his 2011 numbers are pretty shabby.

>>>

He really didn't get much opportunity to play in 2011 because he spent most of the time on the bench. But you might be correct and I'm just not wanting to see it for what it is that Hines might be at the end of his career.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:54 pm

It wouldn't be anything different, he's played his whole career on a scrub team. tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:29 pm

Dmounts wrote:It wouldn't be anything different, he's played his whole career on a scrub team. tongue

HA HA HA! No

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:34 am

Dmounts wrote:It wouldn't be anything different, he's played his whole career on a scrub team. tongue
I think you're mistaken.... Hines Ward never has played FOR the Cleveland Browns!
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:03 am

foghorn wrote:
I think you're mistaken.... Hines Ward never has played FOR the Cleveland Browns!
lol! cheers bounce
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down