Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayhew or Schwartz: who deserves the blame?

Go down

Mayhew or Schwartz: who deserves the blame? Empty Mayhew or Schwartz: who deserves the blame?

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:17 am

The article below makes the very points I've been making about "Matt" Mayhew and Schwartz. If they were in any place but Detroit, one or both of them would be toast. The article makes a good point. Stafford and Suh were no brainer picks. Other than those two picks, 'Matt' Mayhew's drafts have been an abject disaster and he should be on a short leash also. But he is safe with the Lions being a low priortiy for the detached Ford family. Check out Mayhew's Millen-like drafts in the details of this article and the reference to his recklessness in drafting guys like Javid Best and Titus Young. Does anyone have any confidence now that Mayhew can bring the Lions a championship, let alone make smart draft and free agent decisions? I don't.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Mayhew or Schwartz: who deserves the blame? Empty Re: Mayhew or Schwartz: who deserves the blame?

Post by Dawildboar Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:29 pm

WallyRob1249 wrote:The article below makes the very points I've been making about "Matt" Mayhew and Schwartz. If they were in any place but Detroit, one or both of them would be toast. The article makes a good point. Stafford and Suh were no brainer picks. Other than those two picks, 'Matt' Mayhew's drafts have been an abject disaster and he should be on a short leash also. But he is safe with the Lions being a low priortiy for the detached Ford family. Check out Mayhew's Millen-like drafts in the details of this article and the reference to his recklessness in drafting guys like Javid Best and Titus Young. Does anyone have any confidence now that Mayhew can bring the Lions a championship, let alone make smart draft and free agent decisions? I don't.

[url=http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1441449-who-gets-more-blame-for-detroit-lions-season-martin-mayhew-or-jim-schwartz
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm not so sure that those Stafford and Suh picks were no brainers, there was a lot of yelling for Curry and many articles about the #2 for a DT being too high.

Injuries are the question mark, most college players come with nicks and bruises and many with surgical scars. Delmas came in pretty clean but he's an injury problem now. Best had a real bad concussion but I would bet most LBrs come in with more of them.

I'm not giving Mayhew a pass, I think he should be on a hot seat. 4 & 9 after a playoff season should have everyone on edge. If I were WCF I would have a metting with Mayhew and Schwartz and my message would be simple, "This is unacceptable, change it or I'll get someone who will...and time is not on your side"

BTW Mayhew isn't even close to Millen. There will be nobody as inept as that numbskull.
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down