Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fairly is a Punk, Thug, Gangster, Selfish, Idiot

2 posters

Go down

Fairly is a Punk, Thug, Gangster, Selfish, Idiot Empty Fairly is a Punk, Thug, Gangster, Selfish, Idiot

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 6:38 pm

I'm sorry guys the kid has got to go. I was pissed after the pot arrest, now a DUI only months after???? He has the worst type of attitude, The " I am Intitled to do what ever the hell I want to do" attitude. I know a couple of you here were saying the Vets would talk to him and straighten him out after the pot arrest, well you were wrong! The kid doessn't give a shit about the team the NFL or the fans. Like I said before the kid is a selfish disrespectful bust. The sooner he is gone from Detroit the better.

Back to top Go down

Fairly is a Punk, Thug, Gangster, Selfish, Idiot Empty Could Schwartz be the problem?

Post by meiden Sun May 27, 2012 8:58 pm

Snooker28 wrote:I'm sorry guys the kid has got to go. I was pissed after the pot arrest, now a DUI only months after???? He has the worst type of attitude, The " I am Intitled to do what ever the hell I want to do" attitude. I know a couple of you here were saying the Vets would talk to him and straighten him out after the pot arrest, well you were wrong! The kid doessn't give a shit about the team the NFL or the fans. Like I said before the kid is a selfish disrespectful bust. The sooner he is gone from Detroit the better.

The problem may be bigger than Fairley. We now have Fairley twice, Leshoure twice, Culbreath and Young. Two things in common here...all from the 2011 class and all being coached by Schwartz who's players have become targeted by the league because of their undisciplined play. Well...and all were picked by Mayhew.

Not sure what it is but one thing that is controllable is how Schwartz handles all this. Seems like there could be a problem here that trancends a few players. Let's hope it is perception and not reality. Let's hope that the problem is NOT that Schwartz can't instill a professional atmosphere or that he excuses selfish behaviors.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Fairly is a Punk, Thug, Gangster, Selfish, Idiot Empty Re: Fairly is a Punk, Thug, Gangster, Selfish, Idiot

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 11:18 pm

I disagree with the first poster.

I don't care what kind of person Fairley is. The FACT is the Lions had a bunch of nice guys that couldn't win a game. EVERY team has some bad character guys. WHO CARES! The kid has TONS of potential and is a FIRST ROUND PICK FROM LAST YEAR. You're just overreacting to one DUI charge, come on. Face it, you've got your good character guys in players like Cliff Avril, Megatron, Tulloch and countless others. But you want to get rid of someone that could be as good or better than Suh? Your just nuts man.

You can't win games with 53 choir boys. If 4 or 5 guys are "bad character guys" out of 53 I'll take that every fricken time.

Back to top Go down

Fairly is a Punk, Thug, Gangster, Selfish, Idiot Empty Add "Lazy", "Reckless" and "Stupid" to his growing list of potential, attributes.

Post by Guest Mon May 28, 2012 5:38 pm

albino
JC19 wrote:I disagree with the first poster.

I don't care what kind of person Fairley is. The FACT is the Lions had a bunch of nice guys that couldn't win a game. EVERY team has some bad character guys. WHO CARES! The kid has TONS of potential and is a FIRST ROUND PICK FROM LAST YEAR. You're just overreacting to one DUI charge, come on. Face it, you've got your good character guys in players like Cliff Avril, Megatron, Tulloch and countless others. But you want to get rid of someone that could be as good or better than Suh? Your just nuts man.

You can't win games with 53 choir boys. If 4 or 5 guys are "bad character guys" out of 53 I'll take that every fricken time.

JC19....... I really don't care if you think I'm nuts. The kid is selfish and doesn't come to play. He sat out all of last season in reality. Potential doesn't cut it. This guy has some major character issues and he can not be counted on. On top of that he can't be the sharpest tool in the shed, getting caught driving reclously with dope in the car and now driving under the infuence and trying to outrun the cops, in a span of a few months......He's taking up millions of "Team Dollars" and doing nothing but getting fat, high and drunk in public. Face it, the kid is stupid! He can forget any bigtime endorsement contracts now. He is so stupid he can't even get a cab with all that money he has made for doing nothing ???? Sorry man, Stupid loses every time! Lazy, reckless, and stupid gets you in prison. You can have his potential! Something is short circuting in his brain. I don't want him or his potential on this team, potential does not win games. Hard play, good work ethic, dedication to the team (who is paying his huge salary), the league, who is giving him the opportunity to play and become a very very rich man, and the fans who expect more from a top draft pick. You can't fix stupid, and he is that to the 2nd power.

Back to top Go down

Fairly is a Punk, Thug, Gangster, Selfish, Idiot Empty Re: Fairly is a Punk, Thug, Gangster, Selfish, Idiot

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2012 9:45 am

Snooker28 wrote:albino
JC19 wrote:I disagree with the first poster.

JC19....... I really don't care if you think I'm nuts. The kid is selfish and doesn't come to play. He sat out all of last season in reality. Potential doesn't cut it. This guy has some major character issues and he can not be counted on. On top of that he can't be the sharpest tool in the shed, getting caught driving reclously with dope in the car and now driving under the infuence and trying to outrun the cops, in a span of a few months......He's taking up millions of "Team Dollars" and doing nothing but getting fat, high and drunk in public. Face it, the kid is stupid! He can forget any bigtime endorsement contracts now. He is so stupid he can't even get a cab with all that money he has made for doing nothing ???? Sorry man, Stupid loses every time! Lazy, reckless, and stupid gets you in prison. You can have his potential! Something is short circuting in his brain. I don't want him or his potential on this team, potential does not win games. Hard play, good work ethic, dedication to the team (who is paying his huge salary), the league, who is giving him the opportunity to play and become a very very rich man, and the fans who expect more from a top draft pick. You can't fix stupid, and he is that to the 2nd power.

So what your saying is. You would have wanted the Tigers to cut Cabera after last years arrest?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawildboar Tue May 29, 2012 9:48 am

by Snooker28 on Sun May 27, 2012 6:38 pm

Snooker if the Lions had a do over, they'd be getting Fairley in the 4th round versus the 1st. No doubt this guy has 1st round talent with an undrafted free agent head...As pissed I am about him, the money has been spent. Schwartz has a history of dealing with numb skulls that haven't figured out that a NFL job doesn't mean you own get out of jail cards, Pacman Jones. That didn't work out too good and I'm not sure this will work out real well either but if they cut him, somebody, the 1st team on the waiver list, picks him up and pays him what the Lions have to and Nick gets to keep the bonus money and Lions don't get the on field potential.

I'm thinking that Fairley isn't dumb but has mental issues that he needs to get addressed or he's looking at the life of Charles Rodgers in about 4 years. I'd make a phone call to Nick's parents and explain what he's throwing out the window. By now the family is firmly attached to the tit of Nick Fairley and they will realize, there's not as much milk in those tits and as there was 3 years ago...The milk shows up in the 2nd contract. This will not end up average, it will end up good or bad, no middle ground.

The money is on the table, the ball is bouncing around, black or red, high or low, even or odd, where it lands I do not know but they are either going to collect more chips than they laid down or go home empty handed. By they, I mean the Lions and the Fairley family...Get him professional mental help because whatever he was getting, aint working!
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2012 1:40 pm

snook, i am in complete agreement on this one. the leos did fine without fairly last season and will do fine without him this season. culbreath is only a 7th rounder and so he should be gone too. leshoure? ditto. dump these low lives and get on with it. put all on the trading block for picks and trade them for what you can get. give a guy a second chance? yes but these guys are plain stupid and need to be removed from the locker room.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2012 3:36 pm

bongoman wrote:snook, i am in complete agreement on this one. the leos did fine without fairly last season and will do fine without him this season. culbreath is only a 7th rounder and so he should be gone too. leshoure? ditto. dump these low lives and get on with it. put all on the trading block for picks and trade them for what you can get. give a guy a second chance? yes but these guys are plain stupid and need to be removed from the locker room.

Bongo, you are right about Culbreath and Leshoure. They along with Fairley need to have a big boot bounced off their useless butts. The Lions are reaching the point where they can be contending for the Lomardi Trophy. It takes focus, good work ethic and teamwork, coupled with a good coaching staff, to win it all. How these guys are handled is going to send a message to the rest of the team. Hopefully the right message is sent and the rest of the team responds well. What these guy are doing is not a one time mistake, it's a way of life with them and all things considered, it can't be called anything but "stupid" ! Their true colors are showing through for all the world to see. Is this really what the Lions want to become?

Get the lazy, stupid pukes off the team, cut the losses, move on and focus on winning it all. IMO,They should be cut or traded before the first preseason game is played. Flush the damned toilet now please. Just get it done .

Back to top Go down

Fairly is a Punk, Thug, Gangster, Selfish, Idiot Empty Two Arests, One sack, what potential!

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2012 4:09 pm

So what your saying is. You would have wanted the Tigers to cut Cabera after last years arrest?[/quote]

Nope, Miguel Cabrera wasn't arrested twice in less than 3 months. Fairley is a repeat offender who's arrest count doubles his sack count. Dump the stupid loser.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2012 7:29 pm

Snooker28 wrote:So what your saying is. You would have wanted the Tigers to cut Cabera after last years arrest?

Nope, Miguel Cabrera wasn't arrested twice in less than 3 months. Fairley is a repeat offender who's arrest count doubles his sack count. Dump the stupid loser. [/quote]

I don't know how ANYONE can say dump a 1st round pick after one year. I just don't see it. But who cares. As long as he produces on the football field NO ONE will care.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 8:55 am

Snooker28 wrote:I'm sorry guys the kid has got to go. I was pissed after the pot arrest, now a DUI only months after???? He has the worst type of attitude, The " I am Intitled to do what ever the hell I want to do" attitude. I know a couple of you here were saying the Vets would talk to him and straighten him out after the pot arrest, well you were wrong! The kid doessn't give a shit about the team the NFL or the fans. Like I said before the kid is a selfish disrespectful bust. The sooner he is gone from Detroit the better.
I think the choice for Fairley is simple, If you love Football, you have a shot at being very rich for the rest of your life, or if you like getting high, good luck being a broke ass fool in a few years who most likely ends up in prison. DAN FROM DETROIT, GO LIONS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 31, 2012 8:58 am

cabrera is a lock for the HOF with a different contact status. naturally you work with that guy and give him extra attention. fairly hasn't even proven that he is a solid back up. the lions took a risk with him. some guys pan out while others bust out. fairly hasn't shown a thing other than he is a wrecked head. same with leshoure. and as i said a 7th round head case? free up that spot immediately.

JC19 wrote:
Snooker28 wrote:So what your saying is. You would have wanted the Tigers to cut Cabera after last years arrest?

Nope, Miguel Cabrera wasn't arrested twice in less than 3 months. Fairley is a repeat offender who's arrest count doubles his sack count. Dump the stupid loser.

I don't know how ANYONE can say dump a 1st round pick after one year. I just don't see it. But who cares. As long as he produces on the football field NO ONE will care.[/quote]

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawildboar Thu May 31, 2012 1:21 pm

cabrera is a lock for the HOF with a different contact status. naturally you work with that guy and give him extra attention. fairly hasn't even proven that he is a solid back up. the lions took a risk with him. some guys pan out while others bust out. fairly hasn't shown a thing other than he is a wrecked head. same with leshoure. and as i said a 7th round head case? free up that spot immediately.

Bongo, after the National Championship game, Fairley was being predicted as the # 1 overall draft pick of the 2011 draft due to his on field performance for the season, not just one game. During the drafting process he dropped for non-football related reasons...He's a moron who can't be fully trusted. Lions wouldn't have even been able to sniff him if he had the character of a Matt Stafford or Calvin Johnson. As it is, they were able to get a player, who if he ever puts his head on straight, (his family has millions of reasons to get it straight) will be a hell of a player.

Fairley's contract numbers are below:

Under terms of the deal, Fairley will receive 4 year deal for $9.88 million, $5.7-million bonus and the team has a fifth-year option it can exercise, according to reports today.

Last year’s No. 13 pick, defensive end Brandon Graham from the University of Michigan, got a five-year, $22 million deal from the Philadelphia Eagles that had $14 million guaranteed.

Fairley has $5.7 million that he keeps regardless $4.2 million for a player with his potential is chump change in the NFL, there's not 1 team that would not pick him up on waivers if the Lions were to release him. The Lions lose potential and an opponent gets it. The NFL is too close to to allow that crap.

Nope he's ours for better or worse and I don't think I'm sticking my neck out by saying he'll be a good football player, not sure about the citizenship thing but between the lines he'll be good. He's begging for help, get him some.
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 31, 2012 7:06 pm

.......Nope he's ours for better or worse and I don't think I'm sticking my neck out by saying he'll be a good football player, not sure about the citizenship thing but between the lines he'll be good. He's begging for help, get him some..........

Boar......Why is it when idiots screw their own lives up along with others (Friends, family, teamates) it's interpreted as a cry for help? I just don't buy that crap! As for the low salary, all the more reason to dump him and make an example. The Lions won't though. I will bet Fairley misses at least half the season (8 games), probably a 2 game suspension and 6 do to fantom injury. He unfortunately refuses to play banged up, we saw that last year. He would rather just collect a check. One sack to show for his rookie season speaks volumes.

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Thu May 31, 2012 9:55 pm

Snooker28 wrote:.......Nope he's ours for better or worse and I don't think I'm sticking my neck out by saying he'll be a good football player, not sure about the citizenship thing but between the lines he'll be good. He's begging for help, get him some..........

Boar......Why is it when idiots screw their own lives up along with others (Friends, family, teamates) it's interpreted as a cry for help? I just don't buy that crap! As for the low salary, all the more reason to dump him and make an example. The Lions won't though. I will bet Fairley misses at least half the season (8 games), probably a 2 game suspension and 6 do to fantom injury. He unfortunately refuses to play banged up, we saw that last year. He would rather just collect a check. One sack to show for his rookie season speaks volumes.

Everyone here knows I am not as sold on Mayhew as some. I think that he puts too little importance on need and will ignore character issues if he feels the talent value is there. I feel that we should if the talent rankings are pretty close go with need and that character pulls down value. For example...Lavonte David was no doubt lower in rankings than Broyles but unless the Lions really do know more than virtually everyone else evaluating players, the difference in rankings shouldn't have been much. The value added by David playing a HUGE position of need should've more than made up for the slight difference in rankings.

When the Lions had a chance to draft Fairley all Mayhew saw was a very talented player who dropped to 13. While guys like Kerrigan, Solder, and Mark Ingrahm all had really solid seasons, Fairley sat and watched much of the year and now goes into his second year with a ton of baggage. It was well reported that Fairley had one great year and other seasons were a little underwhelming with times of less than full intensity. He had off the field problems. But Mayhew virtually ignored these because he had talent.

And now Mayhew won't bail on him or Leshure. You want an example...based on history (i.e. Cherilus) he will go with the least impactful guy and cut Culbreath. I like Mayhew even with this fault but I'm not completely sold. The way he deals with his problem children will go a long way to determine if he can get the Lions to the next level and if Iwill be sold on him.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:06 pm

And now Mayhew won't bail on him or Leshure. You want an example...based on history (i.e. Cherilus) he will go with the least impactful guy and cut Culbreath. I like Mayhew even with this fault but I'm not completely sold. The way he deals with his problem children will go a long way to determine if he can get the Lions to the next level and if Iwill be sold on him.

Mi.... I agree......but I'm guessing Mayhew won't do what he knows, needs to be done. We'll find out just how big his ego is or isn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down