Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is This The Party You Are Voting For??? Why in God's name...WHY???

Go down

Is This The Party You Are Voting For???  Why in God's name...WHY??? Empty Is This The Party You Are Voting For??? Why in God's name...WHY???

Post by SharBar57 Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:12 pm

Published on Friday, October 26, 2012 by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Capitol Hill’s Rabid, Ravaging Republicans

by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Has there ever been a more crazed, cruel, anti-people, corporate-indentured, militaristic and monetized Republican Party in its 154-year history? An about-to-be-released list of some of the actual brutish votes by the House Republicans, led by Speaker John Boehner and Rep. Eric Cantor, will soon be available to you from the House Democratic Caucus.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Left to right: Eric Cantor House Majority Leader, John Boehner the 61st Speaker of the House, Kevin McCarthy the Republican Majority Whip. (Credit: DonkeyHotey / Flickr / Creative Commons license)

Lest you think this is just partisan propaganda, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

The Republicans seem to have it in for women and not just against health insurance covering reproductive health care, Planned Parenthood’s other services, or privacy for the medical records of victims of rape and incest. The Republicans en-mass voted to repeal protections to stop health insurance companies from discriminating on the basis of gender.

On other consumer protections – forget it. The Republicans are indentured to the worst of their corporate paymasters. The Republicans either do nothing to help or actually push for rollbacks. No minimum wage to give 30 million Americans the same pay workers got back in 1968, adjusted for inflation. The Chamber of Commerce says no. So Boehner and Cantor curtsy.

In a frenzy, House Republicans have voted to repeal the “Affordable Care Act” 33 times. Be assured their hatred for Obamacare is not because they want full Medicare for all. It is because they want to voucherize Medicare and hand patients over to the avaricious Aetnas and the Pfizers who return the favor with campaign cash.

House Republicans rage against any attempts to stop the shipping or outsourcing of American jobs to communist and fascist regimes abroad that know how to keep their workers in powerless penury. Why? Because that is what the non-patriotic U.S. global corporations want them to do. Anything Big Oil wants, it gets– retain big subsidies, tax breaks, weaken pollution restrictions, lease everywhere, and even give relief to oil companies when they damaged the Gulf Coast.

House Republicans have a conflict of interest between their families’ lungs and their corporatized minds. Resolution? Vote to weaken the Clean Air Act, drinking water safety standards, cut funding for these cancer preventing, health protecting programs while pushing for more military weapons and bloated Pentagon budgets. The Republicans went so far as to vote for polluters over children, pregnant women and people who live in nursing homes and assisted-living facilities. These Republicans voted to block the EPA mercury and air toxics standards that the agency estimated would save 12,000 lives every year and prevent more than one million asthma attacks.

With unseemly fervor, House Republicans want to generally weaken the National Labor Relations Board and labor laws. But when it comes to protecting the lowest tax rates and loopholes for the very wealthy, they are Horatio at the Bridge. When the top two percent engage in financial fraud (credit cards, mortgages and student loans, abuse of seniors) or urge privatizing social security, the Boehners and the Cantors are block-tackling anyone in the House who begs to push law and order for the Rich and Corporate or keep “the security” in social security.

For the poor, let them eat less. Hunger in America is real. But not real enough for the Republicans to stop wanting to cut these food programs. While Republicans campaign against Obama for not doing anything to lower gasoline prices, they are voting against measures to regulate oil and gas speculators who drive up gas prices, a fact recognized by the CEO of Exxon a few years ago in a Senate hearing.

The above are just a sample of what the House Republicans passed or blocked in the House. Even worse are what many of them wanted to summarily abolish, such as the EPA, OSHA, and the IRS. The meat-axe Republicans have trouble telling the public how the important functions performed by these agencies would be handled. The Republicans dismiss the work of health and safety agencies as junk science (e.g. regarding climate change). Fortunately, the Senate has rejected most of their madness.

How do such people get elected? Is it just money and smooth slogans? Is it a lack of competition in rigged districts? Is it a winner-take-all, two-party duopoly where more than half the voters sit out the election? Is it shocking disengagement by the cynical or hopeless public, shorn of any rigorous expectation levels?

For the time being, go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Ponder the fate of our Republic. Ask why we have almost unconditionally given up our enormous sovereign power of “We the People” to those out-of-control, raging members of Congress.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is a consumer advocate, lawyer, and author. His latest book is[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Other recent books include, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (a novel).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Comments

Note: Disqus 2012 is best viewed on an up to date browser. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for information. Our Comment Policy can be [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Please follow the guidelines. Note to Readers: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Is This The Party You Are Voting For???  Why in God's name...WHY??? Empty Re: Is This The Party You Are Voting For??? Why in God's name...WHY???

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Ralph Nader is the worst to ever happen to America. Well maybe not the worst, but he makes the list.

Back to top Go down

Is This The Party You Are Voting For???  Why in God's name...WHY??? Empty Re: Is This The Party You Are Voting For??? Why in God's name...WHY???

Post by SharBar57 Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:58 am

CorvetteDan wrote:Ralph Nader is the worst to ever happen to America. Well maybe not the worst, but he makes the list.

Sorry, Dan...but what he speaks is the truth in my book...maybe not in the past, but this article hits the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned!

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:55 pm

To me, Ralph Nader is a crackpot. And that is from 50 years ago.

It's like I have had many employees. Once you blew it you never got a 2nd chance. Back in the 60's he turned me off, and that is where it sits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:11 am

shar, isn't there anywhere else that you can take this political crap?

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:27 am

Bongo...I know you are so disappointed in the results of the election, nevertheless, we decided that we could post political insights on different topics. You don't have to read it if you don't want to. It's your choice and it is also mine, thank you very much! FOUR MORE YEARS!

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:42 am

well in that case 4 more years of diminished wages. 4 more years of high unemployment. 4 more years of failed leadership. 4 more years before the truth of fast and furious investigations and benghazie come to light. 4 more years of crony capitalism. and the best of all 4 more years of obama filling the cue for republicans to run against him, as he has run against bush, next election.

obama is about to become the least popular president ever.

let's start okay? head of OEM fired due to feathering his own nest with sandy relief. FEMA sign posted that says closed due to weather. the dow sinks as investor pull gains out of the market. the dow was in a free for all as obama was speaking.

but there is a lesson for republicans. stop the nice guy routine. fight dirtier than democrats if at all possible. negative wins. what positive message did obama convey? nothing. he didn't even try. and start right now and keep it up for 4 more years.

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:37 pm

Bongo, some things were way overinflated. For example, the 2000 scale for a Detroit carpenter was $41.00 + 11%. I lived in a Maryland townhouse that was built in 1987 and cost $84,000. I occupied it in 1990 and could have purchased it for $120,000. I move to Georgia in 1995 and it was valued at $180,000. It was sold in 2003 for $360,000. It was on the market again in 2007 at $500,000. The money really needs to shrink a lot still. Cost and value are not in line right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:42 pm

and barack obama is just the man to continue to shrink cost and value. that should have been his campaign slogan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:56 pm

Good.

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:16 am

[quote="bongoman"]well in that case 4 more years of diminished wages. 4 more years of high unemployment. (Unemployment is falling...wake up and get out of that dillusional bubble you right wingers are so well wrapped in!) 4 more years of failed leadership. (Obama will go down as one of the BEST Presidents in our history knowing that he had to deal with the obstructionist Tea Baggers in the House.) 4 more years before the truth of fast and furious investigations (proven to be false and frivolous) and benghazie come to light. (The Benghazie attack was an attack on Americans and more and more FACTS ((of which Tea Baggers refuse to acknowledge!)) are being revealed as the investigation continues.) 4 more years of crony capitalism. ( HA, ha, ha...and you don't think that Romney would do any different? You make me laugh, Bongo!) and the best of all 4 more years of obama filling the cue for republicans to run against him, as he has run against bush, next election. (Obama and the genius of his campaign people are hoping just that...that the Repugs continue the path that they are on now. If they do......so openly against minorities (Latinos & Blacks), Women, and the poor...then yes, they can try all they want, but it boils down to the fact the the majority of Americans believe in Obama and his policies as the election has PROVEN!)
obama is about to become the least popular president ever. (I guess you didn't watch the election results...YES, Bongo...Obama won the POPULAR vote; or don't you know the definition of POPULAR?)

let's start okay? head of OEM fired due to feathering his own nest with sandy relief. FEMA sign posted that says closed due to weather. the dow sinks as investor pull gains out of the market. the dow was in a free for all as obama was speaking. (Due to the European financial debaucal overseas, Bongo...not Obama! Get your facts straight!)

but there is a lesson for republicans. stop the nice guy routine. fight dirtier than democrats if at all possible. negative wins. what positive message did obama convey? nothing. he didn't even try. and start right now and keep it up for 4 more years. (Another ROTFLMAO

@you, Bongo...the Republicans have run the dirtiest and the most corrupt campaign this past year thanks to Citizens United than any I have ever seen in my lifetime. I am just glad that at last the Democrats finally got enough "balls" to meet every dirty ad with one that was actually the TRUTH. The Republicans have NEVER been the nice guys, Bongo, but now I think that the Democrats can and will stand up for what they believe is in the best interests of ALL Americans! If you think for a minute I enjoy all of this bickering in the House and Senate and the constant demeaning of OUR President, then you are so mistaken. Where are all the moderate Republicans? The Tea Baggers have swept them out of office. And once again there is litle hope for cooperation or compromise between the two parties. But now Obama doesn't have to worry about re-election and he can lead as he must to keep this country going in the "right" direction...not over any "fiscal cliff" which is a mis-nomer by the way, but at least get the two sides talking about all the problems that need to be solved. He can't do it alone and with people like you who bash his every move, then he has no chance at all. And...if that's what you want for this country then shame on you, Bongo. You are the one who should take your political crap and shove it down the toilet!)Very Happy

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:53 pm

Sharon---WOW

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:15 pm

CorvetteDan wrote:Sharon---WOW

Do you mean good "wow" or bad "wow?"

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:35 pm

You sure kicked Bongo out the door..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:36 pm

But don't worry. He's tough. He be right back.

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:56 pm

CorvetteDan wrote:But don't worry. He's tough. He be right back.

What...with more lies?

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:57 pm

Come on Sharon, play nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:43 am

sharon, let me start it this way. i don't blame you for your savage and person attack. after all you are taking your clues from the democratic party.

you complain about the PAC attacks on obama? what about the obama attacks? not the D PAC attacks but the ones that came from the man himself and his inside cronies.

let's see now: romney is responsible for the death of a women and he is a felon tax cheat, right?

and obama ran such a positive campaign. and just what was his positive message? he promised to what that was uplifting? did he reach out to all americans in an attempt to unite? nope! it was the ole time religion of class warfare, all the time. the one statesman that reached out across party lines was a republican, chris christie and he delivered the election for obama.

now, as you sit there reading this post i ask to consider this, note that i haven't attack you in a personal manner. unless you can contuct yourself in a civil matter - please go away and stay away.

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:41 am

[quote="bongoman"]sharon, let me start it this way. i don't blame you for your savage and person attack. after all you are taking your clues from the democratic party. (Let's be honest here, Bongo. The Tea Party is what is to blame for all of the nonsense that is being espoused by the Republican Party. I don't consider my statements as "savage" attacks on them or you. However...if the shoe fits.)

you complain about the PAC attacks on obama? what about the obama attacks? not the D PAC attacks but the ones that came from the man himself and his inside cronies.

let's see now: romney is responsible for the death of a women and he is a felon tax cheat, right? (The man is a liar and a flip-flopper of the worst kind. He believes that 47% of Americans are "victims" who believe that they are "entitled" to proper food, housing, and yes, health care. And why didn't he produce more than 1 and 1/2 years of tax returns...was he indeed hiding something? No one will ever know.)

and obama ran such a positive campaign. and just what was his positive message? he promised to what that was uplifting? did he reach out to all americans in an attempt to unite? nope! it was the ole time religion of class warfare, all the time. the one statesman that reached out across party lines was a republican, chris christie and he delivered the election for obama. (Whatever his message, it reached the majority of voters and they agreed with him! I heard many different messages and most were about working together as a Nation. His rhetoric was not about "class warfare"...it was about the rich paying their fair share of the taxes. And to stop paying for the deficit on the backs of the middle class and the poor! Mike said the wealthy pay 94% of all taxes paid. I disagree. Maybe INCOME taxes and that's because they own 95% of the wealth! But he failed to mention the other taxes EVERYONE pays and thats more than alot of us can afford as it is. It is not class warfare...it is a simple fact but the pundits twist it all out of shape and use it as a way to rev up their readers and listeners. I read an interesting article as to how the conservative base were lied to...not by Obama and the Democrats, but by the conservtive pundits; ie: Karl Rove who wasted $400 million dollors of the Super Pacs money!...needless to say the billionaires are pretty pissed off at him!) as you sit there reading this post i ask to consider this, note that i haven't attack you in a personal manner. unless you can contuct yourself in a civil matter - please go away and stay away. (You can't get rid of me that easy, Bongo. I apologize if you think I have "savagely" attacked you personally. I am a progressive liberal Democrat and am very passionate about my beliefs. I know you are a Libertarian as we have "discussed" politics before. You come from a country ruled by a dictatorship. They have no concept of what a Democratic society means. You should by now and I hope you continue to believe in the Democratic process. America voted...America SPOKE! This election proved that they do not believe in the principals nor ideology of the Republican Party. If they do not change their way of thinking and how they campaign, then they are going to lose for years to come. This country is becoming less White and more diversified and I welcome the change! I hope you do, too!)

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:17 pm

I read an article about the vote on one NYC island [Staten?] that vote overwhelmingly Democratic. Exit polls showed show thst the Mega rich didn't even have money, taxes or the economy on the list. Their concerns were women's right, social issues, and equality for all groups.

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:28 pm

CorvetteDan wrote:I read an article about the vote on one NYC island [Staten?] that vote overwhelmingly Democratic. Exit polls showed show thst the Mega rich didn't even have money, taxes or the economy on the list. Their concerns were women's right, social issues, and equality for all groups.

Good to hear. At least some are listening.

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down