Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama vs. Romney, Round 2

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Obama vs. Romney, Round 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama vs. Romney, Round 2

Post by duck Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:35 pm

JnC4GB wrote:_HD_ wrote:
Jeezus Ben... Out of respect to you--I read enough of that to determine that the thesis was coming from a completely biased perspective...

HD's next post we're supposed to read?
An opinion piece on bias written by L. Brent Bozell III, a conservative Christian, conservative writer and activist.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Point for JnC here. You can't dismiss liberal bias and then immediately post conservative bias. In my courtroom, ALL such pieces will be stricken from the record. Very Happy
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:51 pm

duck wrote:
Jeezus Ben... Out of respect to you--I read enough of that to determine that the thesis was coming from a completely biased perspective...

An opinion piece on bias written by L. Brent Bozell III, a conservative Christian, conservative writer and activist.

Point for JnC here. You can't dismiss liberal bias and then immediately post conservative bias. In my courtroom, ALL such pieces will be stricken from the record. Very Happy

??? The point being made didn't involve bias...other than highlighting how Crowley introduced herself into the debate in the demonstration of her own... She's a moderator...and she improperly crossed over that sacred line in her failure to produce a level playing field and allowing her bias to influence the debate. To her credit--she apparently recognized this after the debate and apologized for the indescretion...but that doesn't mitigate the impact of her failure...

I'm sorry, Duck... A Judge needs to look deeper than sound bites to issue a proper ruling. It is with no great joy that I'm afraid I'm going to have to call in a favor and have you removed from the bench... Sad Turn in the robes, Peckerhead! LOL

Last edited by _HD_ on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:10 pm

[quote="JnC4GB"][quote="KBen"][color=blue]

Yep, emerging nations and third-world countries will always offer a cheaper deal for manufacturing. But the key word that HD doesn't bring up is "regulating." Dubya came in and deregulated US industry on this subject to "help" US business interests, supposedly. Look at the graph during his 8 years in office. That pathetic decline was due to the FACT that the Bush administration PUSHED for the "outsourcing" of high-tech and manufacturing jobs to countries like India, China, Russia, South Africa, Eastern Europe, Costa Rica, and the Philippines. Shit, remember when Dubya awarded a $50 billion dollar government contract for homeland security computers & services to the Bahamas-based Accenture corporation? He could have selected any one of a dozen or so American based companies, but for some reason he gave it to a foreign based company. Then the Bush administration tried to cover up these middle class job losses by getting fast-food workers reclassified as "manufacturing workers" (and yet it's the GOP who cry that the latest lower unemployment numbers are "fixed" LOL.). Think it's a fucking accident George Bush wasn't part of the Republican National Convention or that Republicans shriek like little girls at the mention of his name crying out "It's Obama's economy!!"
Just like it would under Romney, under Dubya the middle class got fucked over while the 1%ers got more and more of the pie --and now pay the lowest tax rate since the 1940s. Anybody who buys into this current line of GOP CYA bullshit that the Democrats "hate success" and want to engage in "class warfare" is a flat-out moron.

LOL! So quick to point the finger in blame...so slow to understand...

You're a good little liberal, JnC...blindly and ever-voraciously gobbling up every bit of propaganda you can to support your unevolved perspective. From the ignorance of basic business precepts you demonstrate in your citation in a negative vein that Romney *wanted to force GM into bankruptcy* to your inability overall to consider the merits of a perspective outside of one consistent with your own...you, my friend, are a lost cause--beyond the reach of reason, and as such--part of the problem and not of a solution that america is beleagered by today... Carry on, then... My hope is that with age, will come the seasoning of greater wisdom for you. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:11 pm

JnC4GB wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You just don't get it... What you believe makes you strong--makes you weak...

Attempting to look at and approach things objectively/impartially is freedom, my friend... It breaks the chains that so perpetually keep your little butt so scrunched up that you could swallow a cannon ball--and your ass instantly becomes a dangerous high-velocity nail gun... LOL There is big, brite, beautiful world out there beyond your Washington Post's and NY Times' and MSNBC's and the most telling representation of your defiant ignorance of reality? You even refuse to accept and instead bury your head up your ass in denial that the media even has a decidely liberal bias on balance...

Reach to the heavens, my friend, and shed your shroud of ignorance, eh? You make this more fun than I deserve today... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:42 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

??? The point being made didn't involve bias...other than highlighting how Crowley introduced herself into the debate in the demonstration of her own... She's a moderator...and she improperly crossed over that sacred line in her failure to produce a level playing field and allowing her bias to influence the debate. To her credit--she apparently recognized this after the debate and apologized for the indescretion...but that doesn't mitigate the impact of her failure...

I'm sorry, Duck... A Judge needs to look deeper than sound bites to issue a proper ruling. It is with no great joy that I'm afraid I'm going to have to call in a favor and have you removed from the bench... Sad Turn in the robes, Peckerhead! LOL

Here's the deal, HD. Are you going to look through the volume of material from liberal sources that KBen posted and try to cherry pick out a few facts that you agree with? No, you're going to categorically reject the entire batch. My guess is you probably didn't do much more than quickly skim them. (And that's okay... that's all I did too.) By the same token, I don't see why you would expect KBen and JnC to give anything more than an eyeball roll to something written by a noted Christian conservative.

That's why most political debates end up being Mexican standoffs with each side using their own sources and rejecting the others. And that's why at some point, I usually end up going ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:32 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

Here's the deal, HD. Are you going to look through the volume of material from liberal sources that KBen posted and try to cherry pick out a few facts that you agree with? No, you're going to categorically reject the entire batch. My guess is you probably didn't do much more than quickly skim them. (And that's okay... that's all I did too.) By the same token, I don't see why you would expect KBen and JnC to give anything more than an eyeball roll to something written by a noted Christian conservative.

That's why most political debates end up being Mexican standoffs with each side using their own sources and rejecting the others. And that's why at some point, I usually end up going ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

See Duck--That's where you continue have everything all backwards... I don't approach things from the standpoint of *cherry picking facts I might agree with* I instead agree with facts that I find hold truth. In this case, I'm not beholden to either party. I read things with an open mind without much thought whatsoever to what the source is. It gives me the freedom, for example, if Roofer came up with a thought-provoking profundity--I'd be right there applauding the effort... The fact that it would be a highly unusual source for such a profundity doesn't make that product any less valid for that instance...and I'd be close-minded and ignorant for summarily rejecting anything he had to say merely because he's apparently been in a life-long slump to date... Very Happy

You see-- that's where people like JnC shit the bed each/every time a debate like this comes up...Bassactwardness in thought process combined with just plain intellectual laziness... Don't try to confuse me with the facts--I'm already life-long invested in a mind made up... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:54 pm

[quote="_HD_"][quote="duck"]
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

It's OK. The last debate Monday night is all about foreign policy, and I look for Romney to sledgehammer this entire scandal all home. Look for one angry Obama by the time it's over. While I believe Crowley deliberately tried to help Obama (for that moment) with that BS as soon as Libya came up and seeing Obama was about to take another right hook to the jaw, it doesn't matter in the long run. Unlike the clearly biased MSNBC approved leftist drivel inserted here earlier, Bozell's piece is based on cold hard facts and documented reality (unless you watch MSNBC where such things are meaningless and ignored) and more documents came out today to just further drive home the fact that Obama and Co absolutely tried to cover up the fact that what happened in Libya and elsewhere was a planned and coordinated terrorist attack for the anniversary of 9/11, and not the result of some little YouTube video, as this "president" and administration repeatedly claimed to the nation for weeks, and to the UN, and while they knew from day one it was really a terrorist attack.

More documents also came out that the Ambassador had requested extra security multiple times and was ignored multiple times. There's an election coming, so Mr. "Transparency" and Co did what they had to do. Lie once again to the American people repeatedly, because they have been telling us for two years how they have all but wiped out Al Queda. Another lie. Strong foreign policy was the last myth regarding this administration's competency and honesty that hadn't been blown apart yet, and now it's about to be. Monday night is all about foreign policy, and that's all Romney has to focus on, with Crowley's convenient lie the other night about what Obama said in the Rose Garden exposed. I look forward to seeing how Obama's going to try to spin and lie his way through documented facts and the timeline of the cover-up, which I suspect Romney will have down pat. I also predict Scheiffer will try to help Obama too, (how sad is this?) but Romney won't let it happen this time, because Obama doesn't have a leg to stand on.
Tiberius
Tiberius

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:07 am

_HD_ wrote:

Attempting to look at and approach things objectively/impartially is freedom, my friend... It breaks the chains that so perpetually keep your little butt so scrunched up that you could swallow a cannon ball--and your ass instantly becomes a dangerous high-velocity nail gun... LOL There is big, brite, beautiful world out there beyond your Washington Post's and NY Times' and MSNBC's and the most telling representation of your defiant ignorance of reality? You even refuse to accept and instead bury your head up your ass in denial that the media even has a decidely liberal bias on balance...

HD, all kidding aside, when I say you're off your game lately -I mean it. Are you hitting the sauce a little too hardly lately, brother? I mean, take another read-through on what you just wrote here. It reminds me of the poetry ramblings of Jim Morrison in Paris a couple of weeks before he OD'ed in the tub. Seriously, it just barely holds together as a cognitive fucking thought.
One last try here in hopes of unearthing the still functions sections of your brain matter:
Dismissing a rather thoughtful piece of political writing as ridiculous and not worth your time due to its bias and then rebutting it by offering a community-college level "white paper" by the Media Research Center, which is a flaming right-wing "content analysis" organization run by your favorite retard, conservative activist L. Brent Bozell III is BEYOND SAD. It's pathetic.
I mean, really, you're really going to hitch your little red wagon up to this jaggoff who's day job is serving as Rush Limbaugh's fluffer?

JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:19 am

HD wrote:
See Duck--That's where you continue have everything all backwards... I don't approach things from the standpoint of *cherry picking facts I might agree with* I instead agree with facts that I find hold truth...I read things with an open mind without much thought whatsoever to what the source is.

Then HD wrote:
There is big, brite, beautiful world out there beyond your Washington Post's and NY Times' and MSNBC's and the most telling representation of your defiant ignorance of reality"

You completely contradict yourself in back-to-back posts??

Fucking A, no wonder you like Romney.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:17 am

JnC4GB wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

HD, all kidding aside, when I say you're off your game lately -I mean it. Are you hitting the sauce a little too hardly lately, brother? I mean, take another read-through on what you just wrote here. It reminds me of the poetry ramblings of Jim Morrison in Paris a couple of weeks before he OD'ed in the tub. Seriously, it just barely holds together as a cognitive fucking thought.
One last try here in hopes of unearthing the still functions sections of your brain matter:
Dismissing a rather thoughtful piece of political writing as ridiculous and not worth your time due to its bias and then rebutting it by offering a community-college level "white paper" by the Media Research Center, which is a flaming right-wing "content analysis" organization run by your favorite retard, conservative activist L. Brent Bozell III is BEYOND SAD. It's pathetic.
I mean, really, you're really going to hitch your little red wagon up to this jaggoff who's day job is serving as Rush Limbaugh's fluffer?

Laughing You're learning the low-level tactics well of your hero... The truth is--repeating something over and over only makes it true to the lazy and ignorant...but given how honesty you appear to come by your lack of agility to be able to impartially consider what is being said by someone who is unburdened by the strict confines of your sadly brittle, but yet amusing ideology...it shouldn't represent a surprise...

You're a lowly foot soldier--sent into battle to take one of the opposition's bullets, my friend... A product of the carefully orchestrated effort within the leadership on both sides to distract those from what really happens and instead consume themselves with hating on the other side for all that is askew in society. You/those like you truly miss the boat...and it's sad--because you're a bright guy and your well-meaning efforts are so misplaced--for you have unwittingly become part of the problem--and not of the solution... Carry on soldier... Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:49 pm

_HD_ wrote: You're learning the low-level tactics well of your hero.....

LOL. You whining about someone else going "low level" is about the funniest thing I've heard in a while. Your utter lack of self-awareness is hilarious, man. Seriously.

You're a lowly foot soldier--sent into battle to take one of the opposition's bullets, my friend... A product of the carefully orchestrated effort within the leadership on both sides to distract those from what really happens and instead consume themselves with hating on the other side for all that is askew in society. You/those like you truly miss the boat...and it's sad--because you're a bright guy and your well-meaning efforts are so misplaced--for you have unwittingly become part of the problem--and not of the solution. Cool

I understand that your simple-minded characterization of me helps you sleep at night. Really, I do. As Lennon wrote, whatever gets you through the night , babe. Cool Pardon me while a slap another bumper sticker on my hybrid on my way to the co-op to buy some fair-trade coffee beans!
But a me "hater"? C'mon man! I'm try to find the value in everybody. I'm a goddamn lib, remember? Shit, I'm even fond of your despicable ass, motherfucker tongue
BTW, those foot soldiers you say are part of the problem? I say God bless 'em. SOMEBODY has to play the yin to the assholes on the other side's yang. They can be ridiculous sometimes, sure, but often serve a noble purpose. For instance, those cunts from the Westboro Baptist Church SHOULD have some "leftie foot soldiers" out there telling them to eat shit instead of being completely unopposed in public. Even you should agree to that.

JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:52 pm

I understand that your simple-minded characterization of me helps you sleep at night. Really, I do. As Lennon wrote, whatever gets you through the night , babe. Cool Pardon me while a slap another bumper sticker on my hybrid on my way to the co-op to buy some fair-trade coffee beans!
But a me "hater"? C'mon man! I'm try to find the value in everybody. I'm a goddamn lib, remember? Shit, I'm even fond of your despicable ass, motherfucker tongue

Well how then, praytell I ask, could a more favorable outcome been reasonably achieved?! Laughing I'm just tickled beyond the usual tickle sensation that we've been able to reach this understanding, my friend... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:59 pm

_HD_ wrote:Well how then, praytell I ask, could a more favorable outcome been reasonably achieved?! Laughing I'm just tickled beyond the usual tickle sensation that we've been able to reach this understanding, my friend... Wink

Ditto. Pass the hand lotion, Susan. bounce
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2