Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

50 years of democratic mayors

2 posters

Go down

50 years of democratic mayors Empty 50 years of democratic mayors

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:05 pm

Last edited by Snooker28 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

50 years of democratic mayors Empty Obama Trashes Military Tri Care

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:27 pm

Last edited by Snooker28 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

50 years of democratic mayors Empty Re: 50 years of democratic mayors

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:17 pm

When it come to the mayor, I compare Detroit to DC. Marion 'the bitch set me up' Berry and Coleman Young have to be clones of each other. And I do not relate either one to a political party no matter what they claim. They invented corruption.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:07 am

Last edited by Snooker28 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:04 am

You are right to fear for her life. The month before I got drafted in 1970 I worked for a company called Circus World. They had a warehouse on the corner of Marquette and Ferry Park. That is one block away from where the riots began. We parked inside the loading dock bays. When we left at five we were in a caravan. we didn't stop for stop signs, red lights or anything. We would sometimes see police and they would ignore us going through stop signs. I guess they didn't want to draw a crowd either.

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:15 am

Snooker28 wrote:This is what happens to a once great city when democratic mayors rule too long (50 straight years ) and greedy Unions are unwilling to compromise. Companies move to area's where labor is cheaper, in some cases out of the country entirely, and city revenues fall through the floor. What a shame!

[url=http://www.businessinsider.com/the-mayor-of-detroits-radical-plan-to-bulldoze-one-quarter-of-the-city-2010-3
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You have no idea, do you Snooker! No idea whatsoever as to the REAL reasons for the decline of our cities...not just Detroit! It's the greedy 1% bastards at the top...siphoning all the monies for themselves...the workers be damned. Some more of your Plutocratic nonsense, huh? Yea...lets take our "wares" over seas where the labor is cheap and we can make more profits! Yea...that's what is best for us and our stock holders and the U.S! NOT! It's been going on since the Clinton years and it's still bleeding us dry! It's not Democrat or Republican...it's the whole system that is killing our country.

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:29 am

[quote="SharBar57"]
Snooker28 wrote:This is what happens to a once great city when democratic mayors rule too long (50 straight years ) and greedy Unions are unwilling to compromise. Companies move to area's where labor is cheaper, in some cases out of the country entirely, and city revenues fall through the floor. What a shame!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]

You have no idea, do you Snooker! No idea whatsoever as to the REAL reasons for the decline of our cities...not just Detroit! It's the greedy 1% bastards at the top...siphoning all the monies for themselves...the workers be damned. Some more of your Plutocratic nonsense, huh? Yea...lets take our "wares" over seas where the labor is cheap and we can make more profits! Yea...that's what is best for us and our stock holders and the U.S! NOT! It's been going on since the Clinton years and it's still bleeding us dry! It's not Democrat or Republican...it's the whole system that is killing our country.

Sharon

C'mon Sharon. You rail against Snooker and the over the top right win then we get this? I guess all of those hundreds of thousand people that left Detroit for Novi, Canton, Royal Oak, Plymouth, etc. etc. etc. are the greedy 1% bastards. And those stockholders al all 1% greedy bastards because here in the middle class I only know about 80% of all of my friends that own stocks either outright or as part of a mutual fund or 401(k).

Now..I won't for a minute defend the "system" but it is that same system that is run by politicians and lobbyists in DC. You want to look for the problem...just face east to that smell that unfortunately is about 2 hours north of me. That is exactly why you should be a conservative. Get the damn power out of the hands of a few who really run this country and sit in their ivory towers and don't have to play by the same rules as we do. Those are the 300+ that hang out on Capitol Hill and the two that hang out in the White House.

And for goodness sakes Sharon...you are smart enough to know all the same crap that's been happening for 100 years. We had these same complaints back in the 30s. Clinton took advantage of the HUGE wave of the Y2000 boom and Internet revolution. He was smart enough (unlike Obama) to work with the GOP and took advantage of the economic cycle. And remember...this was after the first two years of a painful economy when he had both houses of Congress in his hip pocket.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:16 am

[quote="Snooker28"]Obama doesn't give a rats ass about our military and their families. He talks a good story then stabs our military members in the back. Plenty of money for those Obama Phones and food stamps for aliens though. This president deserves the boot..... make a size 16 combat boot.

I wouldn't put much stock into any Right Wing Rag you read, Snooker. And much less when you link it! What a lame way to discuss politics. Don't you have any better ammuntion than that? Tell me...what are Romney's and Ryan's Plans for America...you can't tell me because they have none. What they have espoused for the past 18 months they have now denied since the debate! What two fools...do you think America will be fooled. I think they just might be. And you know what? I don't give a damn anymore! America will get what she deserves...See the Bush Administrations accomplishments...sorry...mis-statement...abuses, I meant. That admin. drove this once great nation into the ground and I don't see us coming out of it anytime soon. It doesn't matter who gets elected...the plutocrats rule and there's nothing I nor anyone else can do about that. I just got my absentee voter ballot yesterday...was looking it over and all I saw was a bunch of greedy bastards on the ballot...really not worth my time to vote...but I will. If only to offset the vote of the Republican next door!....LOLOLOL!!

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:39 am

Last edited by Snooker28 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:12 pm

[quote="meiden"][quote="SharBar57"]

Sharon

C'mon Sharon. You rail against Snooker and the over the top right win then we get this? I guess all of those hundreds of thousand people that left Detroit for Novi, Canton, Royal Oak, Plymouth, etc. etc. etc. are the greedy 1% bastards. And those stockholders al all 1% greedy bastards because here in the middle class I only know about 80% of all of my friends that own stocks either outright or as part of a mutual fund or 401(k).

Now..I won't for a minute defend the "system" but it is that same system that is run by politicians and lobbyists in DC. You want to look for the problem...just face east to that smell that unfortunately is about 2 hours north of me. That is exactly why you should be a conservative. Get the damn power out of the hands of a few who really run this country and sit in their ivory towers and don't have to play by the same rules as we do. Those are the 300+ that hang out on Capitol Hill and the two that hang out in the White House. (I would also add that I believe this government has and will forever more be run by plutocrats as long as Citizens United remains valid. You can't fight their money and power...they will win every time. Romney has succumbed to their wishes as I expect Obama has to some degree; however, I will vote for the person who best fits my economic and political philosophy and I do expect that "fit" will diminish in time!)

And for goodness sakes Sharon...you are smart enough to know all the same crap that's been happening for 100 years. We had these same complaints back in the 30s. Clinton took advantage of the HUGE wave of the Y2000 boom and Internet revolution. He was smart enough (unlike Obama) to work with the GOP and took advantage of the economic cycle. And remember...this was after the first two years of a painful economy when he had both houses of Congress in his hip pocket.or=black]In reply to Snooker's statement that the decline of Detroit was due solely to 50 years of Democrat Mayors, I found that to be more than ludicrous. I am not denying that some of the blame lies therein, but not all of it. And, for that reason I railed against his nonsense with some of my own. What's good for the goose...you know? Detroit's decline started long before anyone really noticed, I guess, but I did find a good (unbiased) article that tried to explain the complexities of such a decline and how it could happen to other cities that are prospering now:

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:21 pm

[quote="SharBar57"][quote="meiden"]
SharBar57 wrote:

Sharon

Now..I won't for a minute defend the "system" but it is that same system that is run by politicians and lobbyists in DC. You want to look for the problem...just face east to that smell that unfortunately is about 2 hours north of me. That is exactly why you should be a conservative. Get the damn power out of the hands of a few who really run this country and sit in their ivory towers and don't have to play by the same rules as we do. Those are the 300+ that hang out on Capitol Hill and the two that hang out in the White House. (I would also add that I believe this government has and will forever more be run by plutocrats as long as Citizens United remains valid. You can't fight their money and power...they will win every time. Romney has succumbed to their wishes as I expect Obama has to some degree; however, I will vote for the person who best fits my economic and political philosophy and I do expect that "fit" will diminish in time!)

And for goodness sakes Sharon...you are smart enough to know all the same crap that's been happening for 100 years. We had these same complaints back in the 30s. Clinton took advantage of the HUGE wave of the Y2000 boom and Internet revolution. He was smart enough (unlike Obama) to work with the GOP and took advantage of the economic cycle. And remember...this was after the first two years of a painful economy when he had both houses of Congress in his hip pocket.or=black]In reply to Snooker's statement that the decline of Detroit was due solely to 50 years of Democrat Mayors, I found that to be more than ludicrous. I am not denying that some of the blame lies therein, but not all of it. And, for that reason I railed against his nonsense with some of my own. What's good for the goose...you know? Detroit's decline started long before anyone really noticed, I guess, but I did find a good (unbiased) article that tried to explain the complexities of such a decline and how it could happen to other cities that are prospering now:

Sharon

Here is another article with a slightly different slant as to the reason for Detroit's decline:

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:32 pm

Last edited by Snooker28 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:13 pm

Last edited by Snooker28 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:43 pm

[quote="Snooker28"][quote="SharBar57"][quote="meiden"][quote="SharBar57"][quote="Snooker28"]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] reply to Snooker's statement that the decline of Detroit was due solely to 50 years of Democrat Mayors, I found that to be more than ludicrous. I am not denying that some of the blame lies therein, but not all of it.

Sharon

Sharon..... this is what said, word for word;

" This is what happens to a once great city when democratic mayors rule too long (50 straight years ) and greedy Unions are unwilling to compromise. Companies move to area's where labor is cheaper, in some cases out of the country entirely, and city revenues fall through the floor. What a shame!"

I blamed the Mayors of City government and the greedy UAW, not just the Mayors, Now here is what the article ( from NY Times ) you linked said,

" The exact causes of Detroit’s decline are still open to debate, but suffice it to say mismanagement within the auto industry, racial strife and bad, often confrontational and sometimes corrupt government played major roles.

That's pretty dang close to my synopsis if you ask me, yet you ask if I have a clue, then link an article that pretty much verifies exactly what I said ? For years corrrupt (Democratic) Mayors were taking kick backs from the UAW leadership, to keep in place policies that kept non Union Auto Plants form being built in Detroit. The UAW refused to compromise and the City bowed to their wishes. That's called corruption and greed. It went on for years as I pointed out. They ended up stabbing themselves right in the heart. Do yourself a favor.......don't misquote me......I will call you out on it every time.

You're not calling me out on anything. You said that the reason for Detroit's decline was because of 50 yrs. of Democratic Mayoral rule. I just said that there was more to it than that! But because you are so far Right without falling off the cliff you can't see that there is MORE to it than just a corrupt government. There are other factors involved and in my effort to explain that to you in a resonable way...you still found fault with it. How demeaning can you get? I also posted another explanation dealing with the "Transportation" initiatives that were introduced in the 50's. But I guess you didn't see that one did you? You are so hell bent on being "RIGHT" that you can't see the truth when it hits you square in the face...just like all radical extreme right wingers!

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:00 pm

Last edited by Snooker28 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:52 pm

Last edited by Snooker28 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:48 pm

The hondreds of thousands that left Detroit did no go tp places like Novi, Plymouth etc. The went To Houston, Dallas , Denver, Pheonix etc. What suprizes me is that I seem to be the only that headed to DC. In the 1980's they tract over 300,000 Michigan residents relocating to the Houston just from the credit sard movement. What killed Detroit was the Japanese. Gas prices were going throught the roof. The early imported cars got good mileage but quality wise the were total trash. Furthermore, we couldn't sell our in Japan. The Japanese people lik4rd our cars ut they couldn't buy them. I had a roommate that had a 1978 Chevette. He paid $3400 fot it That same car was $12,000 in Japan. That stuff ruined the auto industry. When you ruin the auto industry, you ruin America.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down