Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential cut list growing

2 posters

Go down

Potential cut list growing Empty Potential cut list growing

Post by RLON39 Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:19 am

How to free up 25 million in cap space, enabling a long term deal to be reached with Wallace ANd, dare I say it, the ability to sign a veteran at one position of weakness (og, ilb, or nt):

Cut Hampton, Kemo, Ward, A. Smith, J. Scott, Farrior, Foote, and MENDY right now.

My opinion changed in terms of waiting on Kemo and in terms of adding mendenhall to this list. Mendy is in the last year of his contract...there is no reason to keep him around, and I don't think injury settlements count against the cap. If mendy, Hampton, and Starks work their way back and sign on the cheap, that's fine. Ward and Smith are just done, and J. Scott is one of the worst tackles in this league. Kemo has a ten cent head and a knee problem, and Farrior/foote can be upgraded upon with a FA signing that could contain a first year cap hit that halves one of their contracts. Or, Foote can return on the very cheap. All of these players likely need to go...that is the reality of this cap situation and their overinflated cap values.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Potential cut list growing Empty Re: Potential cut list growing

Post by foghorn Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:25 pm

RLON39 wrote:How to free up 25 million in cap space, enabling a long term deal to be reached with Wallace ANd, dare I say it, the ability to sign a veteran at one position of weakness (og, ilb, or nt):

Cut Hampton, Kemo, Ward, A. Smith, J. Scott, Farrior, Foote, and MENDY right now.

My opinion changed in terms of waiting on Kemo and in terms of adding mendenhall to this list. Mendy is in the last year of his contract...there is no reason to keep him around, and I don't think injury settlements count against the cap. If mendy, Hampton, and Starks work their way back and sign on the cheap, that's fine. Ward and Smith are just done, and J. Scott is one of the worst tackles in this league. Kemo has a ten cent head and a knee problem, and Farrior/foote can be upgraded upon with a FA signing that could contain a first year cap hit that halves one of their contracts. Or, Foote can return on the very cheap. All of these players likely need to go...that is the reality of this cap situation and their overinflated cap values.
For a change... I don't disagree with your thoughts on this. Cept that I don't think they will dump Mendy. I have said since the week after the Denver game.... there are going to be a lot of changes in the roster before camp opens up. A lot of familiar faces gone. I hate to use the word rebuild, but think next year is gonna be way different than the past few seasons.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down