Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are the Lions "back"

2 posters

Go down

Are the Lions "back" Empty Are the Lions "back"

Post by SharBar57 Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:06 am

Not really replying to my own posts again, but if you people want to change this into a political board, then so be it. I will have nothing to do with it anymore. Let's get back to talking some football, but if you are feeling like I am I have such a bad taste in my mouth from the Lions' 3 losses, that I don't think this season is even remotely salvageable. And, really, I couldn't be more disinterested in the rest of the season. Have a nice Christmas!

Sharon

I don't blame you for not wanting to talk politics ! Pretty hard to defend the path our president has literally forced us down this past 3.75 years. You just had to get one last "jab" in didn't you, Snooker! One last lie you and your Republican friends tell withouth regard to FACTS! You know darn well that the only reason I don't want to discuss politics with the likes of you is because of your extreme conservative beliefs that it's either "My way or the highway!" There is not one ounce of co-operation in the philosophy of the Republican Party as it stands today. I DO NOT believe ONE G. D. word you have to say on this subject...so drop it, Snooker. I have had it! No more for me.

Sharon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now as for the Lions, If they drop this next game against the Bears, the season is pretty much over. I'm mostly concerned with Cutler disecting our defensive backfield, and special teams giving up easy TD's for a third straight game. I'm concerned about our underachieving defensive line, not getting pressure on the QB and helping our weak DB's. If Best is able to play, that will be a huge bonus, with his blazing speed, he is a threat to break a long play every time he touches the ball, and according to the article at M-Live, he is in the best physical condition of his life. I'm not impressed with Leshoure at all, on the field and off. Of course you all know my feelings on him. I couldn't agree more! Aha! we agree on this at least!
Snooker

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Are the Lions "back" Empty Re: Are the Lions "back"

Post by meiden Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:21 am

SharBar57 wrote:
Now as for the Lions, If they drop this next game against the Bears, the season is pretty much over. I'm mostly concerned with Cutler disecting our defensive backfield, and special teams giving up easy TD's for a third straight game. I'm concerned about our underachieving defensive line, not getting pressure on the QB and helping our weak DB's. If Best is able to play, that will be a huge bonus, with his blazing speed, he is a threat to break a long play every time he touches the ball, and according to the article at M-Live, he is in the best physical condition of his life. I'm not impressed with Leshoure at all, on the field and off. Of course you all know my feelings on him. I couldn't agree more! Aha! we agree on this at least!

Snooker

It's really sad how poorly all three parts of the game have played for the Lions in the first 4 games. Outside of a little burst of offense in the Titans game the offense, defense and STs have all underachieved. I'm not sure at this point the Lions have quality starters at any offense line position, 2 LB positions (surprise player the past two weeks has been Levy), or three of the four defensive back positions.

I will say this...for those of you Delmas fans, we will get to see if you are right and he will be a difference maker of if I am right and he is really just a mediocre safety who struggles to stay on the field. Will the defense suddenly improve as many have claimed just by getting Delmas back making the whole defense better? I hope so but not holding my breath.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:37 am

meiden wrote:
SharBar57 wrote:

Snooker

It's really sad how poorly all three parts of the game have played for the Lions in the first 4 games. Outside of a little burst of offense in the Titans game the offense, defense and STs have all underachieved. I'm not sure at this point the Lions have quality starters at any offense line position, 2 LB positions (surprise player the past two weeks has been Levy), or three of the four defensive back positions.

I will say this...for those of you Delmas fans, we will get to see if you are right and he will be a difference maker of if I am right and he is really just a mediocre safety who struggles to stay on the field. Will the defense suddenly improve as many have claimed just by getting Delmas back making the whole defense better? I hope so but not holding my breath.

What gets me, like with you, Mike...we are fed all these lies (by the front office and Schwartz) and have been for years that the Lions are on the "right" path to being a "great" team. Geesh...I don't need great right now...I want consistency in all phases of the game. I want them to play hard and with direction. It seems like they have none right now. Even our vaunted offense is sputtering, to say the least. Is it the coaching? Heck...I don't know. I just know that they have dug themselves into too deep a hole with these 3 losses so early in the season to get outta the "funk" they are in. It has sure taken the wind out of my sails, so to speak. I just can't get into the game...maybe it's because I am getting too old to care anymore. Sigh...

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:58 am

SharBar57 wrote:Not really replying to my own posts again, but if you people want to change this into a political board, then so be it. I will have nothing to do with it anymore. Let's get back to talking some football, but if you are feeling like I am I have such a bad taste in my mouth from the Lions' 3 losses, that I don't think this season is even remotely salvageable. And, really, I couldn't be more disinterested in the rest of the season. Have a nice Christmas!

Sharon

I don't blame you for not wanting to talk politics ! Pretty hard to defend the path our president has literally forced us down this past 3.75 years. You just had to get one last "jab" in didn't you, Snooker! One last lie you and your Republican friends tell withouth regard to FACTS! You know darn well that the only reason I don't want to discuss politics with the likes of you is because of your extreme conservative beliefs that it's either "My way or the highway!" There is not one ounce of co-operation in the philosophy of the Republican Party as it stands today. I DO NOT believe ONE G. D. word you have to say on this subject...so drop it, Snooker. I have had it!

Really sad Sharon. You are the one that claimed republicans were blocking legislation that would help Military families with their health care! Total misrepresentation of fact! When I post 5 consecutive articles to the contrary you say you don't believe a word I say? In fact it has been Obama that is driving up the cost of healthcare to our vets. Those are not my words, they are facts for you to see! Unfortunately, your arguements have been 99.9% rhetoric, and not followed up with information supporting your position and beliefs. I will not stand by and be silent when rhetoric and misinformation are so easily spewed. You respond, I will respond again, that simple.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:20 pm

Being on the right path to being great team is not the same as being a great team. The latter half of this post implies sometime in the future. We have to wait for that. So lets wait. But I do prefer some winning right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down