Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are the Lions "back?"

2 posters

Go down

Are the Lions "back?" Empty Are the Lions "back?"

Post by SharBar57 Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:14 am

And by that I mean...are the Lions of old back with us again? After Minnie's win over the 49er's last week, I am kinda thinking that the Lions had better pull up their defensive pants and play their hearts out. If they don't, it's gonna be a shootout (that is, if Stafford's hip is ok) and the offense is running on ALL cylinders with both the running and passing game. Will Linehan be a little more imaginative with the play calling than he was last week? I sure hope so. The Lions are still a pass oriented team and with Leshoure at RB, the Vike's defense could be guessing moreso than usual. Or...will the offense as well as the defense decide to mail it in and let Minnie get the win. I will be watching...well, at least for a while...while all the while not expecting much from them. Yep...just like a few years ago. Smile

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Are the Lions "back?" Empty Re: Are the Lions "back?"

Post by SharBar57 Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:44 pm

SharBar57 wrote:And by that I mean...are the Lions of old back with us again? After Minnie's win over the 49er's last week, I am kinda thinking that the Lions had better pull up their defensive pants and play their hearts out. If they don't, it's gonna be a shootout (that is, if Stafford's hip is ok) and the offense is running on ALL cylinders with both the running and passing game. Will Linehan be a little more imaginative with the play calling than he was last week? I sure hope so. The Lions are still a pass oriented team and with Leshoure at RB, the Vike's defense could be guessing moreso than usual. Or...will the offense as well as the defense decide to mail it in and let Minnie get the win. I will be watching...well, at least for a while...while all the while not expecting much from them. Yep...just like a few years ago. Smile

Sharon

And to answer my own question...YES, they are! I only watched the first half, but again I knew what the outcome would be. The ST's (again, Dan) were the culprits that did them in and the ineffectiveness of the offense didn't help either. What is wrong with Linehan? Why so "timid" in the play-calling? This team is headed no where and fast. Thank heavens for the bye week coming up, but then it's four out of five on the road. It ain't gonna be an easy road for the Lions...that's for sure! Maybe 8-8 is too much to ask for.

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:29 pm

You realize that if the STs stayed home the Leos would be 3-1 and possibly 4-0. I'm resting the last part on I'm sure that they didn't do much to help in SF either.

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:21 am

CorvetteDan wrote:You realize that if the STs stayed home the Leos would be 3-1 and possibly 4-0. I'm resting the last part on I'm sure that they didn't do much to help in SF either.

Not sure that would be true Dan. The Lions were outplayed in all four games this year. Were they "in the game"? Yes...but they were definitely outplayed.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:02 am

They would have won 3 games for sure, and success usually breeds further success. If a person fails, he gets down on himself and then he fails further. That's human nature.When your in a game and your opponent sees that you have to carry your balls in a wheelbarrow, he takes note, and he is less sure of himself.

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:59 pm

CorvetteDan wrote:They would have won 3 games for sure, and success usually breeds further success. If a person fails, he gets down on himself and then he fails further. That's human nature.When your in a game and your opponent sees that you have to carry your balls in a wheelbarrow, he takes note, and he is less sure of himself.

Dan, I understand your thinking and agree with the general premise. Where I'm not sure I agree is that they'd have won 3 games. It took an increadible 14 points in 18 seconds just to get to OT with the Titans. I figure that we don't know what would've happened if the Titans wouldn't have run back the kickoff after the Lions made it 27-20. I sure thought the Lions had it in hand but we dont' know if TN wouldn't have just moved down the field at will and scored.

Given the horrific offensive performance yesterday we don't know that the Lions would've scored late if the Vikes weren't so far ahead and went into prevent.

We just don't know how things would've turned out and the Lions were outplayed in both the TN and MN games through all but the last few minutes of each. My contention is that even w/o the STs failures, the opposition was better than the Lions enough so that they'd have still won.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:45 pm

We'll never really know, but I think the win would have been there. And let's face, A quick ST touch down really gets the adrenilin going.

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:19 am

CorvetteDan wrote:We'll never really know, but I think the win would have been there. And let's face, A quick ST touch down really gets the adrenilin going.

And a long march downfield to a score is definitely demoralizing.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:17 am

SharBar57 wrote:
SharBar57 wrote:And by that I mean...are the Lions of old back with us again? After Minnie's win over the 49er's last week, I am kinda thinking that the Lions had better pull up their defensive pants and play their hearts out. If they don't, it's gonna be a shootout (that is, if Stafford's hip is ok) and the offense is running on ALL cylinders with both the running and passing game. Will Linehan be a little more imaginative with the play calling than he was last week? I sure hope so. The Lions are still a pass oriented team and with Leshoure at RB, the Vike's defense could be guessing moreso than usual. Or...will the offense as well as the defense decide to mail it in and let Minnie get the win. I will be watching...well, at least for a while...while all the while not expecting much from them. Yep...just like a few years ago. Smile

Sharon

And to answer my own question...YES, they are! I only watched the first half, but again I knew what the outcome would be. The ST's (again, Dan) were the culprits that did them in and the ineffectiveness of the offense didn't help either. What is wrong with Linehan? Why so "timid" in the play-calling? This team is headed no where and fast. Thank heavens for the bye week coming up, but then it's four out of five on the road. It ain't gonna be an easy road for the Lions...that's for sure! Maybe 8-8 is too much to ask for.

Sharon

Not really replying to my own posts again, but if you people want to change this into a political board, then so be it. I will have nothing to do with it anymore. Let's get back to talking some football, but if you are feeling like I am I have such a bad taste in my mouth from the Lions' 3 losses, that I don't think this season is even remotely salvageable. And, really, I couldn't be more disinterested in the rest of the season. Have a nice Christmas!

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:50 am

SharBar57 wrote:
SharBar57 wrote:

Sharon

Sharon

Not really replying to my own posts again, but if you people want to change this into a political board, then so be it. I will have nothing to do with it anymore. Let's get back to talking some football, but if you are feeling like I am I have such a bad taste in my mouth from the Lions' 3 losses, that I don't think this season is even remotely salvageable. And, really, I couldn't be more disinterested in the rest of the season. Have a nice Christmas!

Sharon

I don't blame you for not wanting to talk politics ! Pretty hard to defend the path our president has literally forced us down this past 3.75 years.

Now as for the Lions, If they drop this next game against the Bears, the season is pretty much over. I'm mostly concerned with Cutler disecting our defensive backfield, and special teams giving up easy TD's for a third straight game. I'm concerned about our underachieving defensive line, not getting pressure on the QB and helping our weak DB's. If Best is able to play, that will be a huge bonus, with his blazing speed, he is a threat to break a long play every time he touches the ball, and according to the article at M-Live, he is in the best physical condition of his life. I'm not impressed with Leshoure at all, on the field and off. Of course you all know my feelings on him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down