Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Belichick fined $50,000 by NFL for grabbing official

Go down

Bill Belichick fined $50,000 by NFL for grabbing official Empty Bill Belichick fined $50,000 by NFL for grabbing official

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:40 pm

Sep 26, 2012
Bill Belichick fined $50,000 by NFL for grabbing official

By [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], USA TODAY

#post-date-updated {border-top: solid 1px #E5E5E5;}

Updated 6h 57m ago

Though he didn't give it much acknowledgement at his Wednesday press conference, New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick was fined $50,000 by the NFL for grabbing a replacement official after his team's 31-30 loss to the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday night.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[color:12f0=#fff]
Patriots coach Bill Belichick gives an official an earful Sunday night.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[color:12f0=#666]Rob Carr, Getty Images

The league released a statement which read in part:

"Belichick was fined $50,000 for impermissible physical contact with an official."
His thoughts today?

"I've already commented on that the other day and I don't have anything to add," said Belichick. "Whatever the league decides to do, I'll respect and just keep trying to do my job."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that he was merely trying to get the official's attention as he ran off the field while trying to determine whether Ravens kicker Justin Tucker's game-winning field goal, which snuck just inside the right upright, was under review.

The NFL also confirmed fining Washington Redskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan $25,000 for berating an official Sunday.

Back to top Go down