Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brown fined for unsportsmanlike conduct...

3 posters

Go down

Brown fined for unsportsmanlike conduct... Empty Brown fined for unsportsmanlike conduct...

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:28 pm

For running the last 20-yards for a touchdown backwards. $10,000 dollars! WOW!!!

Back to top Go down

Brown fined for unsportsmanlike conduct... Empty Re: Brown fined for unsportsmanlike conduct...

Post by Admin Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:40 pm

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:For running the last 20-yards for a touchdown backwards. $10,000 dollars! WOW!!!
I think that's appropriate. The guy should act like he knows what scoring a TD is about.... it isn't like it was his first and certainly won't be his last. A little class and a lot less me-me would be good for most of the athletes in the NFL.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Brown fined for unsportsmanlike conduct... Empty Re: Brown fined for unsportsmanlike conduct...

Post by Toddseahawks Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Admin wrote:
DiehardSteelersfan wrote:For running the last 20-yards for a touchdown backwards. $10,000 dollars! WOW!!!
I think that's appropriate. The guy should act like he knows what scoring a TD is about.... it isn't like it was his first and certainly won't be his last. A little class and a lot less me-me would be good for most of the athletes in the NFL.

Agreed.100%.
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:46 pm

Toddseahawks wrote:
Admin wrote:

Agreed.100%.

I think the poor guy has learned his lesson the hard way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:49 pm

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:
Toddseahawks wrote:
Admin wrote:

Agreed.100%.

I dunno... $10,000 to those guys is like $50 to you and me. Not a large sum, but enough to get noticed. he's got what a 40 million dollar contract... I doubt he'll have to sign up for food stamps anytime soon.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:00 pm

Admin wrote:
Toddseahawks wrote:
Admin wrote:

Agreed.100%.

I dunno... $10,000 to those guys is like $50 to you and me. Not a large sum, but enough to get noticed. he's got what a 40 million dollar contract... I doubt he'll have to sign up for food stamps anytime soon.

I just don't agree that what he did was a 10,000 dollar violation. AT least not for a first time offense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:11 pm

Admin wrote:
Toddseahawks wrote:
Admin wrote:

Agreed.100%.

I just don't agree that what he did was a 10,000 dollar violation. AT least not for a first time offense.
I think you're missing my pint.... $10,000 is chump change to him. It isn't to you or me... but we're not NFL millionaires either. The dollar amount is to appease the people who watch the game... the ones who actually think it is a stiff fine. Sheet... I bet that isn't even a big bar tab for him when he and his posse go out on the town.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:25 pm

Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
Toddseahawks wrote:
Admin wrote:

Agreed.100%.

I think you're missing my pint.... $10,000 is chump change to him. It isn't to you or me... but we're not NFL millionaires either. The dollar amount is to appease the people who watch the game... the ones who actually think it is a stiff fine. Sheet... I bet that isn't even a big bar tab for him when he and his posse go out on the town.

Dude, I didn't miss your point. A first time small infraction fine should not cost a player $10,000 no matter how much the guy makes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:28 pm

Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
Toddseahawks wrote:
Admin wrote:

Agreed.100%.

Dude, I didn't miss your point. A first time small infraction fine should not cost a player $10,000 no matter how much the guy makes.
well it is the politically correct NFL now. you cannot taunt... it hurts others feelings. LOL.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:13 am

10k is a lot...hope he got the message though, as that play was ridiculous.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:40 am

I think the whole thing is ridiculous. How many players taunt, dance, jump into stands or spike the ball without fines? I know 10 grand isn't a lot to them, but it's the principle of the thing. Just warn him on the first offense, and then if he continues to do it, it should be looked at for APPROPRIATE fines. The way Goodell does it all "Willy-Nilly" just pisses me off.

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:22 pm

I haven't seen many players do something as obnoxious as running 20 yards backwards into the end zone...I'm a big Brown fan, but that was unacceptable. It rivals the level of arrogance of any single play I've seen in such circumstances.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down