Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The defensive end is near....?????

2 posters

Go down

The defensive end is near....????? Empty The defensive end is near....?????

Post by RLON39 Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:03 am

?The older players being discussed (and/or alluded to) in the media (Sapp, etc.)...not that I agree on all, but I just wanted to look at potential players to make decisions on, going forward and in light of the defensive failure we are seeing.

Troy - Older, less dynamic, injury prone, and the defense relies too much upon him in scheme. This scheme was successful before Troy, why so reliant upon his skill set now?

Clark - One of two defensive players actually playing Steeler football out there.

Foote - The other of the two. We need to upgrade at both inside and outside linebacker or consider a scheme change, like the 4-3 cover two from which Tomlin comes (never thought I'd ever say that). Woodley at left defensive end? Hood, Heyward, and Mclendon in the middle and much more involved in the pass rush? Timmons and Spence are perfect 4-3 OLBs, which, if Harrison were to be released, would be the only reason to consider said change. Foote would be your temporary MLB, but that, along with a RDE pass rushing stud, would become a primary draft need...I personally don't want the keys handed to Dick's understudy, no matter what he's been promised, as he is a big part of this defensive failure currently plaguing the team.

Hampton - Just doesn't have the conditioning to play enough to justify his salary.

Harrison - Steelers' best LBer since Lambert, on the bad side of 30, injury prone, and carrying a huge salary.

Kiesel - I don't know if he is injured, but the light seems to have gone off from last year to this...the light in his brain as well. Heyward needs to see more snaps.

Taylor - Still the best corner they have...Cortez Allen seems ready to start by mid-season, but I'd rather him replace Lewis than Taylor...next year, perhaps that changes. Maybe Brown or Vandyke will prove to be a capable nickle and starter, respectively. That's too optimistic, me thinks. Let's hope the Raiders were 'just plain stupid'...

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The defensive end is near....????? Empty Re: The defensive end is near....?????

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:39 pm

RLON39 wrote:?The older players being discussed (and/or alluded to) in the media (Sapp, etc.)...not that I agree on all, but I just wanted to look at potential players to make decisions on, going forward and in light of the defensive failure we are seeing.

Troy - Older, less dynamic, injury prone, and the defense relies too much upon him in scheme. This scheme was successful before Troy, why so reliant upon his skill set now?

Clark - One of two defensive players actually playing Steeler football out there.

Foote - The other of the two. We need to upgrade at both inside and outside linebacker or consider a scheme change, like the 4-3 cover two from which Tomlin comes (never thought I'd ever say that). Woodley at left defensive end? Hood, Heyward, and Mclendon in the middle and much more involved in the pass rush? Timmons and Spence are perfect 4-3 OLBs, which, if Harrison were to be released, would be the only reason to consider said change. Foote would be your temporary MLB, but that, along with a RDE pass rushing stud, would become a primary draft need...I personally don't want the keys handed to Dick's understudy, no matter what he's been promised, as he is a big part of this defensive failure currently plaguing the team.

Hampton - Just doesn't have the conditioning to play enough to justify his salary.

Harrison - Steelers' best LBer since Lambert, on the bad side of 30, injury prone, and carrying a huge salary.

Kiesel - I don't know if he is injured, but the light seems to have gone off from last year to this...the light in his brain as well. Heyward needs to see more snaps.

Taylor - Still the best corner they have...Cortez Allen seems ready to start by mid-season, but I'd rather him replace Lewis than Taylor...next year, perhaps that changes. Maybe Brown or Vandyke will prove to be a capable nickle and starter, respectively. That's too optimistic, me thinks. Let's hope the Raiders were 'just plain stupid'...

some very big/unpopular decisions are going to have to be made in the off season.

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:26 am

It doesn't matter whose players they were/are. They are very expensive, and decisions will have to be made.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:11 pm

TASK wrote:
RLON39 wrote:?The older players being discussed (and/or alluded to) in the media (Sapp, etc.)...not that I agree on all, but I just wanted to look at potential players to make decisions on, going forward and in light of the defensive failure we are seeing.

IT'S FUNNY HOW YOUR WHOLE ENTIRE LIST IS MADE UP OF "COWHER PLAYERS" WHOSE COAT-TAILS TOMLIN & ROONEY HAVE RIDDEN INTO THE GROUND ... OF COURSE SIX YEARS AFTER THE FACT ... COWHERS TEAM IS FINALLY GROWING OLD AND HAS BEEN WASTED BY TOMLIN ... IF BILL COWHER HAD BEEN PAID HIS RIGHTFUL CONTRACT MONIES AND REMAINED IN CHARGE , WE WOULD HAVE SEEN AT LEAST 2 OR 3 MORE SUPERBOWLS UNDER HIS LEADERSHIP , HIS PLAYERS, HIS PHILOSOPHIES, HIS YEARLY DOMINANCE ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL KICKASS MENTALITY ....

SO TO NAME ALL OF HIS WASTING AWAY PLAYERS AND ACTING LIKE ITS SOME KIND OF GROUNDBREAKING REVELATION, IS PRETTY FUNNY .... IT'S JUST MORE EVIDENCE OF EVERYTHING MUMMY AND TASK HAS TOLD RLON FOR SIX YEARS BEING TRUE ... THE CHICKENS HAVE COME HOME TO ROOST

Either you fooled me or you've been hanging out with Mummy so much that you're posting exactly like him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:30 pm

The old days of defenses being able to knock the crap out of people will kill the steeler's defense. These players you talk about were taught old school technics on hitting the opponent. The new NFL is governed to protect the offensive players. Plays that even look like they are crushing are fined and called unnecessary. These guys you talk about play hard nose football. They no longer fit into the pass up and down the field of the 50 to 48 scores in the new NFL.

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:15 pm

Dmounts wrote:.
The old days of defenses being able to knock the crap out of people will kill the steeler's defense. These players you talk about were taught old school technics on hitting the opponent. The new NFL is governed to protect the offensive players. Plays that even look like they are crushing are fined and called unnecessary. These guys you talk about play hard nose football. They no longer fit into the pass up and down the field of the 50 to 48 scores in the new NFL.
^^^^^^

Yes, I agree 100 percent....very insightful post. Fans have different opinions, about safety, but mine is that Roger Goodell has single-handedly ruined the greatest game ever invented. Settle the lawsuits, give more benefits to ex players, but leave the game to be played by gladiators.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:18 pm

RLON39 wrote:
Dmounts wrote:.
^^^^^^

Yes, I agree 100 percent....very insightful post. Fans have different opinions, about safety, but mine is that Roger Goodell has single-handedly ruined the greatest game ever invented. Settle the lawsuits, give more benefits to ex players, but leave the game to be played by gladiators.
I just sat and watched a college game. WVU vs Baylor. WVU wins 70-63. That is what you will see in the NFL with in the next 5 years. An offensive aerial circus. Based off speed and quickness. The days of a 7-6 score are gone.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Arena football, nothing more.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down