Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poe top defensive target

2 posters

Go down

Poe top defensive target Empty Poe top defensive target

Post by RLON39 Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:15 am

While Poe is now likely to be gone, I just wanted to point out why he'd be more of a priority than Hightower and other defensive players. Talking NT, Poe is the only one who is not just potentially a great NT...he is a 3 down player. I don't want a Hampton clone...I want someone who can push the pocket during passing downs. Poe is Ngata, potential-wise. I would love to see youngsters Heyward and Poe serving as inside pass rushers, collapsing pockets when QBs step up to avoid Harrison and Woodley. Bet you are secondary would look like the best in the game.

Similarly, at ILB, Kuechly (will be gone at 1-24) is a 3 down player, while Hightower is a thumper who is likley to be exploited in coverage. Sure, we could very much use a thumper alongside the athletic Timmons. But, IMO, the Steelers need to scrap the nickel and go dime. It's a joke that Farrior has been in coverage so often, and it did cost the team.

If it comes down as a choice between Poe and Hightower, the pick is now obvious. Waiting past round 1 for Casey's replacement will produce a two down player. Chapman in the 4th would be adequate to that end, if that's the way things fall.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Poe top defensive target Empty Re: Poe top defensive target

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:45 am

RLON39 wrote:While Poe is now likely to be gone, I just wanted to point out why he'd be more of a priority than Hightower and other defensive players. Talking NT, Poe is the only one who is not just potentially a great NT...he is a 3 down player. I don't want a Hampton clone...I want someone who can push the pocket during passing downs. Poe is Ngata, potential-wise. I would love to see youngsters Heyward and Poe serving as inside pass rushers, collapsing pockets when QBs step up to avoid Harrison and Woodley. Bet you are secondary would look like the best in the game.

Similarly, at ILB, Kuechly (will be gone at 1-24) is a 3 down player, while Hightower is a thumper who is likley to be exploited in coverage. Sure, we could very much use a thumper alongside the athletic Timmons. But, IMO, the Steelers need to scrap the nickel and go dime. It's a joke that Farrior has been in coverage so often, and it did cost the team.

If it comes down as a choice between Poe and Hightower, the pick is now obvious. Waiting past round 1 for Casey's replacement will produce a two down player. Chapman in the 4th would be adequate to that end, if that's the way things fall.

Poe has done little in college playing on one of the worse teams in all divisions for football. He had great potential coming out of high school and signed with Tennessee. Things didnt work out there and he transferred to Memphis. He made all conference team but the truth is the only reason they are looking at him in the 1st or 2nd round is based on his size and strength. I would not use a 1st round pick on him. Now if he is there when the steelers pick in the 2nd, then I would pick him there because they need a NT really bad. If they pick him with their 1st pick it will be a mistake. They need to get a middle linebacker or an offensive lineman with that first pick and there will be better players when the steelers pick in the 1st round at those 2 positions.

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:48 pm

Cani piggy back should leave this board...just my opinion.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stampede Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:55 am

Most mocks I've seen have Poe going in the top 10......He'll be gone long before the Steelers are on the clock......

Stampede

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:09 pm

RLON39 wrote:Cani piggy back should leave this board...just my opinion.

AGREE ... AND BTW , TODD JUST BANNED KINZER TODAY ! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down