Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

young turks of the OL

2 posters

Go down

young turks of the OL Empty young turks of the OL

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:51 am

Nice game by two youngsters, reiff and fox. both were solid and reiff bordered and outstanding (as in beyond the outstanding border line). we are going into the season with the OL a strength.

Back to top Go down

young turks of the OL Empty Re: young turks of the OL

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:58 pm

bongoman wrote:Nice game by two youngsters, reiff and fox. both were solid and reiff bordered and outstanding (as in beyond the outstanding border line). we are going into the season with the OL a strength.

I haven't seen the game yet. It would be refreshing to see a strong run blocking team. We are going to need it.

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:33 pm

Snooker28 wrote:
bongoman wrote:Nice game by two youngsters, reiff and fox. both were solid and reiff bordered and outstanding (as in beyond the outstanding border line). we are going into the season with the OL a strength.

I haven't seen the game yet. It would be refreshing to see a strong run blocking team. We are going to need it.

Again, I need to see this thing on the big screen before I make final judgement but both did look solid. Fox has the hurdle of staying healthy but both should be solid backups to the starters if not push them for the position. That said, don't read too much into the game last night as they were both going against much more limited backups.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:33 pm

Snooker28 wrote:

bongoman wrote:Nice
game by two youngsters, reiff and fox. both were solid and reiff
bordered and outstanding (as in beyond the outstanding border line). we
are going into the season with the OL a strength.

Again,
I need to see this thing on the big screen before I make final
judgement but both did look solid. Fox has the hurdle of staying
healthy but both should be solid backups to the starters if not push
them for the position. That said, don't read too much into the game
last night as they were both going against much more limited backups.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]I haven't watched the game yet either. I could have Sunday at ! AM my time, but was too pooped out to do so. However it's on again Thur 3PM CDT, my time, and I'll watch it then. however, from all i read it appears they have to make some choice between five OTs, Backus, Cherilus, Hilliard, Reif, and Fox. Jon Scott is missing so much training camp he is too far behind to catch up. I wouldn't expect them to keep more than four. They have some of the same numbers problems with the DEs. KVB, AVril, Young, LoJack, Brown and Ronnell Lewis. Fluellen may not make this roster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawildboar Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:43 pm

I haven't watched the game yet either. I could have Sunday at ! AM my time, but was too pooped out to do so. However it's on again Thur 3PM CDT, my time, and I'll watch it then. however, from all i read it appears they have to make some choice between five OTs, Backus, Cherilus, Hilliard, Reif, and Fox. Jon Scott is missing so much training camp he is too far behind to catch up. I wouldn't expect them to keep more than four. They have some of the same numbers problems with the DEs. KVB, AVril, Young, LoJack, Brown and Ronnell Lewis. Fluellen may not make this roster.

McB, I'd keep all of them. Backus is nearing the end but he has something in the tank and he can teach the younger players a trick or two. Cherilus has improved a lot over the last season and 1/2, he's in his final year of the contract so it's probably pretty cap friendly at this point. Hillard, servicable, Fox looked good, granted preseason and not facing top notch competition but I liked it when he was picked, let's see if he can stay healthy and become a player I thought he could. Reiff will be the anchor of the line in 2 years. Somebody has to be able to replace Peterman and I'd be looking at those five.
Lions will be dropping some talented players in the final cut...That's what good teams do Cool
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Dawildboar wrote:I haven't watched the game yet either. I could have Sunday at ! AM my time, but was too pooped out to do so. However it's on again Thur 3PM CDT, my time, and I'll watch it then. however, from all i read it appears they have to make some choice between five OTs, Backus, Cherilus, Hilliard, Reif, and Fox. Jon Scott is missing so much training camp he is too far behind to catch up. I wouldn't expect them to keep more than four. They have some of the same numbers problems with the DEs. KVB, AVril, Young, LoJack, Brown and Ronnell Lewis. Fluellen may not make this roster.

McB, I'd keep all of them. Backus is nearing the end but he has something in the tank and he can teach the younger players a trick or two. Cherilus has improved a lot over the last season and 1/2, he's in his final year of the contract so it's probably pretty cap friendly at this point. Hillard, servicable, Fox looked good, granted preseason and not facing top notch competition but I liked it when he was picked, let's see if he can stay healthy and become a player I thought he could. Reiff will be the anchor of the line in 2 years. Somebody has to be able to replace Peterman and I'd be looking at those five.
Lions will be dropping some talented players in the final cut...That's what good teams do Cool

I just don't see them keeping more than four OTs unless one of those guys can play interior OL. There have been two OGs receiving some press and the one kid, McClendon, looked every bit as good at guard as Fox did at tackle. I gotta believe that at two interior backups will be kept. If that's the case then keeping 5 OTs would make 10 OL...isn't that a lot? I'm still hoping that Reiff is allowed to compete for Peterman's job and the Lions let Fox and Hilliard compete for Cherilus' RT spot.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawildboar Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:06 pm

I just don't see them keeping more than four OTs unless one of those guys can play interior OL. There have been two OGs receiving some press and the one kid, McClendon, looked every bit as good at guard as Fox did at tackle. I gotta believe that at two interior backups will be kept. If that's the case then keeping 5 OTs would make 10 OL...isn't that a lot? I'm still hoping that Reiff is allowed to compete for Peterman's job and the Lions let Fox and Hilliard compete for Cherilus' RT spot.

Mi, it is a lot but look at the age and contract status of last years starting takles...They may both be gone next year. They have tje foundation of a real good OL in the 5 youngsters, keep them together. As far as Reiff beating out Peterman, I'm hoping the same. I'd keep Peterman though, might use him as trade bait when some other team loses their right guard for the season.
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:28 pm

schwartz is going to pick his spots with reiff who will function next season as a swing man. i understand that hilliard has re shaped his body and has come into camp in great shape. the OTs will not be a problem this season. if peterman continues in his penalty filled ways then yes, he is exposed. way too many dead ball penalties from this unit with peterman and cheerios being prime offenders.

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:07 am

bongoman wrote:schwartz is going to pick his spots with reiff who will function next season as a swing man. i understand that hilliard has re shaped his body and has come into camp in great shape. the OTs will not be a problem this season. if peterman continues in his penalty filled ways then yes, he is exposed. way too many dead ball penalties from this unit with peterman and cheerios being prime offenders.

Bongo, I know you aren't a big fan of Cherilus but he is one of the most highly praised OL in camp this year. I read today that it is because of his fine camp that Reiff may start the season watching from the bench. Also, not only were Peterman and Cherilus penalized for the most dead ball infractions last year, Peterman was probably the worst at blown assignments.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:57 am

i understand that cheerios is having a fine camp. he may even have his best year before him, that's true. the bar though is pretty low and i question if he has the physical attributes to excel.

he has to do it with his head because some things can not be changed, such as slow feet. to date cheerios hasn't come off as a thinking man's OT so, no my expectations are very low.

i would love to be surprised.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down