Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First time

4 posters

Go down

First time Empty First time

Post by JnC4GB Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:32 pm

First time I've ever nodded off in the 4th quarter of a Packer playoff game.

I'll take it, happily, but damn that was dull.

Sure don't think that 4th quarter walk-thru helped us for next week...
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

First time Empty Re: First time

Post by duck Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:16 am

Yeah, the 4th quarter was boring, but that's exactly what I want (assuming it's Packer boring). I love the Packer blowouts and hate the nail-biters.

i'd much rather enjoy my beer, relax, and chat with the other Packer fans, than bite my nails, fret, and watch unpleasant things happen.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:52 am

A playoff win at Lambeau is always great. I witnessed 2 playoff losses there (Minn and NYG).........and the win over Seattle (the Al Harris INT game). Ain't nothing like the real thing baby. And now its on to San Francisco for a replay of the same circumstances back in January 1996. Yes........Packers wins over Pittsburgh (Yancey we still love you!!!!) and Atlanta propelled the Packers to hit the road off to play the #1 D in the NFL and defending Super Bowl champions on their own turf at The Stick.

The 49ers had dreams of repeating as Super Bowl champions, but they clearly were not prepared to play the Packers. The Packers took a 21-0 lead early in the game, and never let go. The victory sent the Packers to the NFC Championship game, at the time their deepest trip into the playoffs since 1967. The 49ers had more first downs, and yards than the Packers, but four turnovers proved costly.

Most forgotten stat in the game was that 49ers QB Steve Young tossed the ball 65 times, which is the NFL record for pass attempts in a playoff game.

See: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:31 am

start of the 4th i let the girlfriend have her way with me and then i went swimmin as its a hot 85 outside.First time ever that i myself cared more about sex than a boring packer win over a ponder less queens game where AD looked more like hershal walker than the 2000 yard man.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:44 am

RingoCStarrQB wrote:...And now its on to San Francisco for a replay of the same circumstances back in January 1996... the Packers to hit the road off to play the #1 D in the NFL and defending Super Bowl champions on their own turf at The Stick.

The 49ers had dreams of repeating as Super Bowl champions, but they clearly were not prepared to play the Packers. The Packers took a 21-0 lead early in the game, and never let go. The victory sent the Packers to the NFC Championship game, at the time their deepest trip into the playoffs since 1967. The 49ers had more first downs, and yards than the Packers, but four turnovers proved costly.

Most forgotten stat in the game was that 49ers QB Steve Young tossed the ball 65 times, which is the NFL record for pass attempts in a playoff game.

I attended that game. I remember being so uptight that I couldn't finish my pre-game bratwurst. My gut was all, "Uh, no." Embarassed
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:34 am

Me too JnC......I was there too. On about the 20 yard line behind the Packers bench. Got down on the field after the game (courtesy of the SF mounted police letting me down on the field) and ripped out some red painted endzone grass which I still have. Met Jurko and Gilbert Brown after the game on the field. Had no idea who Gilbert Brown was..........Jurko was wearing #64 that day cuz Reggie was there running Young into the ground with Fritz's platooning defensive line. Gave Dick Stockton a "GO PACKERS!!!" after the game which he happily acknowledged. Niners fans were stunned. Let's do it again......... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down