Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Super Bowl

3 posters

Go down

The Super Bowl Empty The Super Bowl

Post by duck Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Just curious what most of you folks thought about the Super Bowl. Since I didn't really have a dog in that one, it was actually a bit pleasant in a way (only a way, mind you) not to watch the game, while nervously pounding down beers in a pool of sweat.

The game itself was just so-so, IMHO. A bit boring in the beginning but an exciting finish. I give Manning credit for his poise under pressure and that play by Manningham was incredible.

Reverse the outcomes of that play and the Welker drop and the game goes the other way. So it goes sometimes.

What bothers me is that this game has become a coronation for Manning and an indictment against Brady. That's why I don't like judging players too much based on their performances in big games. There's too much luck involved.

Oh, and the commercials this year were just meh. Disappointing, considering how high the bar usually is.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The Super Bowl Empty Re: The Super Bowl

Post by MB20 Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:12 am

Ha... yeah, I kept thinking about how at this time last year, all someone had to do was look at me and I needed to be scraped off the ceiling I was so wound up... lol It was disappointing, but kind of relaxing in that regard. I agree that it wasn't a particularly well-played game, but the last five minutes was as good of shit as shit gets. And, yeah, the line between being a legend and a has-been is awfully thin, isn't it? Welker catches that pass and all of a sudden Brady is being mentioned in the same breath as Montana again. But, he didn't, so Brady obviously doesn't have it anymore Rolling Eyes

Actually, I find the differences in post-game discussion between this year's game and last year's to be rather striking. Last year, it was all about Rodgers, his clutch play and pinpoint accuracy, and the opportunistic defense making big plays in big spots. You didn't hear much about how the vaunted Steelers' defense was owned, or about how Roethlisberger had another "meh" Super Bowl. This year, it's pretty much about how Brady and Welker came up short, instead of how the Giants came up big (although Manningham got his props for that catch, my overall point stands). I don't know what to make of that, but it was something that jumped out at me.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:51 pm

Yeah, it's interesting how each of the last two Super Bowls had their distinctive spins. Despite my bias as a Packer fan, I thought last year's hype about Rodgers was legitimate because, after being snubbed for the Pro Bowl, in the playoffs in general and Super Bowl in particular, he established himself to be the next great QB. It was almost as though the media finally gave its belated acknowledgment of his talent.

This year's throwing Brady (and even Welker) under the bus is ridiculous. Brady's Super Bowl record prior to this game was 3-1. Even though all in all he played pretty well and was arguably one WR drop away from being 4-1, he's now 3-2 in Super Bowls and his stock has plummeted?? As if making it to the Super Bowl and playing well in it is a bad thing.

Of course it doesn't help that his dumb ass wife shot her mouth off, but that's not his fault.

I think the media is way too quick to put someone on a pedestal and equally too eager to push them off.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The Super Bowl Empty THE SUPER BOWL

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:35 pm

What Super Bowl..........I was holed up in a Las Vegas suite full of Giants fans from NYC with enough beer, booze, and slices of pizza to fill a full 16 game season. For what its worth........besides trekking to Lambeau for a playoff game........I highly recommend spending a weekend in Las Vegas during Super Bowl weekend. The place was electric, festive, and just a gas gas gas !!!!!!!!!!!!!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:20 am

Sorry, Ringo. Being holed up in a suite full of boisterous New Yorkers is not my idea of a good time. Unless, of course, I was shitfaced drunk and in the mood for some of that good NY pizza.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The Super Bowl Empty Super Bowl

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:27 am

Don't worry Duck....the G-Men fans I was partying with didn't give a shit about my Packers sweater.......amongst all of their Giants jerseys. No one was shitfaced either.......it was fun watching the big game with the intense Giants fans........they really gave a shit and knew their team inside and out.

GO PACKERs.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The Super Bowl Empty Re: The Super Bowl

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down