Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BROWNS BLEW THE 22ND PICK BY TAKING WEEDEN

2 posters

Go down

BROWNS BLEW THE 22ND PICK BY TAKING WEEDEN Empty BROWNS BLEW THE 22ND PICK BY TAKING WEEDEN

Post by wyckedheart8 Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:40 pm

When all the other QB's that have been drafted in this draft are hitting their prime Brandon Weeden will be announcing his retierment, no way should he have been drafted by the Browns @ 22 when they should have took a WR, Oh well, lets see how they FK UP the reast of the draft.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

BROWNS BLEW THE 22ND PICK BY TAKING WEEDEN Empty Re: BROWNS BLEW THE 22ND PICK BY TAKING WEEDEN

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:34 pm

wyckedheart8 wrote:When all the other QB's that have been drafted in this draft are hitting their prime Brandon Weeden will be announcing his retierment, no way should he have been drafted by the Browns @ 22 when they should have took a WR, Oh well, lets see how they FK UP the reast of the draft.

what WR would you have taken at 22? Stephen Hill? He will be there at 37! My only thought is this, The Browns will not win a lot of games next year, maybe 3 or 4. Now would they go after Matt Barclay?

Back to top Go down

BROWNS BLEW THE 22ND PICK BY TAKING WEEDEN Empty Re: BROWNS BLEW THE 22ND PICK BY TAKING WEEDEN

Post by wyckedheart8 Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:39 pm

The Rams are going to take Hill, if not then cool, then I'll take Randell, if he is gone Alshton Jefferys, Weeden is almost rockingchair hunting ready as far as NFL standards go, it was a waisted pick even though he is better then McThud, and if they are going to draft the QB from the University of Spoiled Children next year anyhow its tripple a waisted pick because they could have drafted the OL Pitt went after and still got one of those three WR's at 37, they have no clue how to draft in 99 and still only half way there in 2012, and if the Browns do ever make the playoffs Weeden wil be ready to retire at about that time anyhow.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:44 pm

Anyone thinking Weeden is going to be playing good football 7 or even 8 years from now is about as delusional as everyone that said Dolt McThud was going to be a good QB and there are more then just a couple of those McThud fans on here.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:19 am

wyckedheart8 wrote:When all the other QB's that have been drafted in this draft are hitting their prime Brandon Weeden will be announcing his retierment, no way should he have been drafted by the Browns @ 22 when they should have took a WR, Oh well, lets see how they FK UP the reast of the draft.

Wasn't Roger Staubach the same age when he was drafted? He sure sucked didn't he....LOL
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:11 pm

The only thing I find a little weird... where are the WR??

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:03 pm

You are going to compare Staubach with Brandon Weeden, LMFAO that is as funny as it gets, Sad funny.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:19 pm

LMAO, Staubach was 27 and Weeden will be 29 in a few months, How about we just put Weeden in the H.O.F right now and declare him one of the best QB's to ever play in the NFL, how about we put him on top of Staubach on that list of all time greats, the guy hasn't even been to rookie camp yet but then again why should he, hell he should hold out for the kind of money Staubach would get today since he is being compared to him, thanks for the laughter I am on my way out the door to pre-order my Browns SB gear for 2013 because since he is as great as Staubach was its a no brainier the Browns will win the SB in 2013.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

BROWNS BLEW THE 22ND PICK BY TAKING WEEDEN Empty WR's

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:26 pm

captnbrojangles wrote:The only thing I find a little weird... where are the WR??
The Browns passed up on them for a QB that's going to announce his retirement in 5-6 years and to take a DT that sucks and a Wr from Miami that may noty even be good enough to replace Cribbs as the slot guy, on a good note the guy has blazzing speed and couldnt run a route in college, but hey, we have Weeden who a poster has already compared him to Staubach, one of the greatest QB's to even play the game, hell, I bet he can throw the ball 60 yrds downfield and even run under it and even catch it as well, talk about a tripple threat, LOL
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

BROWNS BLEW THE 22ND PICK BY TAKING WEEDEN Empty BARCLAY

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:10 pm

dnn3m wrote:

what WR would you have taken at 22? Stephen Hill? He will be there at 37! My only thought is this, The Browns will not win a lot of games next year, maybe 3 or 4. Now would they go after Matt Barclay?
Barclay may be a good NFL QB, but if I had my choice right now I would take Landry Jones over him.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:30 pm

I have never been a fan over the University of Spoiled Children QB's and although they have been hyped big time none of them has ever impressed me going all the way back to Pat Haden, actually I cant remember a QB from that school that has ever done well in the NFL, and if you are going to say Mark Sanchez, well, please dont because he was and still is so damn over rated its pathetic and the Jets still pulled a fast one over Manvagina to get him giving the Browns nothing but wannabe backup players for the 5th pick so Manvagina could draft Alex Mack even thought he went to the pro bowl he is not pro bowl material, IMO Mack is above average as a center.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:31 pm

AT BEST
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:09 pm

Randell60 wrote:

Wasn't Roger Staubach the same age when he was drafted? He sure sucked didn't he....LOL

To suggest we should not have gone after Weeden due to his age alone is pretty weak...still I am not crazy about the pick either. They had little choice though since another year of McCoy would be very painful.

Last edited by tjust1 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:32 pm

LMAO, I disagree with that 110% The guy wont even hit his prime as an NFL QB until he is ready for the rocking chair, he would have still been there in round 3 plus the Brown are still going to go after a QB next season and thats a fact, I'll be back with I told you so's soon enough.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:36 pm

Hey, lets bring back Brian Sipe, he is only 62, I think it would be pretty weak not to bring him back at 62, he proved himself back in 80 with the cardiac kids, and why not Bernie, he is even younger and not to bring him back because of his diminished abilities would be against the law!!!
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:40 pm

This is the first time I have ever agreed with the so called experts, NO ONE except a few HERE has thought this to be a good pick, The grade for taking Weeden with the 22nd overall pick, FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:12 am

wyckedheart8 wrote:LMAO, I disagree with that 110% The guy wont even hit his prime as an NFL QB until he is ready for the rocking chair, he would have still been there in round 3 plus the Brown are still going to go after a QB next season and thats a fact, I'll be back with I told you so's soon enough.

John I am not suggesting Weeden is a great pick or a sure fire starter. I just understand the dilema the Browns FO put themselves in. Besides going hard for a FA QB who could they have drafted since Holmgren took over at the position which would of been better than where we are now at?

So another season of McCoy might have been more damaging to the fanbase than taking a shot at Weeden.

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:44 am

captnbrojangles wrote:The only thing I find a little weird... where are the WR??

Good question...The Brass is Cleveland thinks WR stands for, "Wrong Routes" so they don't bother with it...LOL
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:48 am

wyckedheart8 wrote:You are going to compare Staubach with Brandon Weeden, LMFAO that is as funny as it gets, Sad funny.
Learn to comprehend what you read...I was comparing draft ages, not Weeden turning out to be as good as Staubach.....Sad funny!!!
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down