Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 OL depth Chart

2 posters

Go down

2012 OL depth Chart Empty 2012 OL depth Chart

Post by RLON39 Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:07 am

LT Gilbert
LG Decastro
OC Pouncey
RG Foster
RT Colon

Not too shabby...much improved.

Top Backup at C/G = Legursky
Top backup at OT = Starks (Hopefully)
The Steelers are not done on the OL yet in this draft. If they again sign Starks, that would leave them with 7 lineman that are worth something. I see the Scotts being cut, as they have limited potential. Essex may just make the team because of his versatility (and the fact that he is finally in shape), but I really see a quality tackle who is similarly versatile being added in this draft (I'm praying for OT Adams in the second). The dream OL of the future would look like this:

LT Adams
LG Decastro
OC Pouncey
RG Colon
RT Gilbert

With Starks, Foster, and Legursky as the backups. Man, that would be sweet. I doubt they would start two rookies on the left side though, and Adams may need a year...I don't know that he falls that far, but we didn't think Decastro would either....

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

2012 OL depth Chart Empty Re: 2012 OL depth Chart

Post by foghorn Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:50 pm

RLON39 wrote:LT Gilbert
LG Decastro
OC Pouncey
RG Foster
RT Colon

The Steelers are not done on the OL yet in this draft. If they again sign Starks, that would leave them with 7 lineman that are worth something. I see the Scotts being cut, as they have limited potential. Essex may just make the team because of his versatility (and the fact that he is finally in shape), but I really see a quality tackle who is similarly versatile being added in this draft (I'm praying for OT Adams in the second). The dream OL of the future would look like this:

LT Adams
LG Decastro
OC Pouncey
RG Colon
RT Gilbert

With Starks, Foster, and Legursky as the backups. Man, that would be sweet. I doubt they would start two rookies on the left side though, and Adams may need a year...I don't know that he falls that far, but we didn't think Decastro would either....
Pencil in Decastro at RG this year... Tomlin all but said that he will play on the right as he did at Stanford.

Last edited by foghorn on Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:12 pm

I'm actually excited to see what Ben is capable of doing behind this line they're developing.

foghorn wrote:
LG Decastro
OC Pouncey
RG Foster
RT Colon

LT Adams
LG Decastro
OC Pouncey
RG Colon
RT Gilbert

Pencil in Decastro at RG this year... Tomlin all but said that he will play on the right as he did at Stanford.

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:40 pm

LG Decastro
OC Pouncey
RG Foster
RT Colon

LT Adams
LG Decastro
OC Pouncey
RG Colon
RT Gilbert

LT Adams
LG Colon
OC Pouncey
RG Decastro
RT Gilbert Well.... here's you Dream Team Rlon. What do you think of it? Personally I'm ecstatic. Ben now has a potential fortress of a wall in front of him and some bulldozers to make a path for the RB's.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:50 pm

I don't think Colon would make a very good LG....RT yes...I like the personnel now...people who have followed my posts know that I have been bitching about the OL for years. I thought Alan Faneca was overrated because he could not pass block. Colon has been overrated, as a tackle, as he appears to be a better pass blocker than he is because the guys who beat him aare the guys Ben can see, and he usually makes those guys miss, keeping down the sack results stat on Colon...making him look like an elite pass blocker when he never was one.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down