Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LIONS 1ST ROUND PICK WILL BE ?

Go down

LIONS 1ST ROUND PICK WILL BE ? Empty LIONS 1ST ROUND PICK WILL BE ?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:47 am

This years Draft wont see a ton of Quarterbacks being taken like last year when we were picking # 13 overall. Only 3 will be taken before we pick at # 23, and 3 more before we pick at # 54. I get the felling that the Lions will keep trying to shore up the RB position once and for all, and they will not hesitate to take Boise States Doug Martin if presented at pick # 23. Of coarse they will see if some other stud falls down to them but I dont think that will happen this year. I for one would love DE- Whitney Mercilus to drop down to us but I dont think that will happen, niether will Barron or DeCastro for that matter. But dont think either that by taking RB-Doug Martin at # 23 is a reach also. This guy reminds me of a cross between Ray Rice and Frank Gore. A 3 down RB who can block and catch out of the backfield, he finishes his runs hard and has suprising speed for a big man who also has great low leverage while running. This pick would also light a fire of competition between him and LeShoure who really needs to get his shit together after a pick like this. And being that were playing in the NFC North division, and bad weather when it comes down to playing in G.B. and Chicago when its cold, snowy and windy. A 2 back thumping crew would come in handy during the unforgivable fall and winter. So look for the Detroit Lions to pick RB- Doug Martin from Boise State in the 1st round and go all Defense in day 2...DAN FROM DETROIT, GO LIONS

Back to top Go down

LIONS 1ST ROUND PICK WILL BE ? Empty Re: LIONS 1ST ROUND PICK WILL BE ?

Post by Dawildboar Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:45 pm

This pick would also light a fire of competition between him and LeShoure who really needs to get his shit together after a pick like this. And being that were playing in the NFC North division, and bad weather when it comes down to playing in G.B. and Chicago when its cold, snowy and windy. A 2 back thumping crew would come in handy during the unforgivable fall and winter. So look for the Detroit Lions to pick RB- Doug Martin from Boise State in the 1st round and go all Defense in day 2...DAN FROM DETROIT, GO LIONS

Dan, if we can get 2 offensive linemen starters, I think the rushing improves plus we get youth at a spot where the Lions are old. Get a Safety that will push Spivey to improve or to the bench and a couple projects on the O-Line and D-Line. The O-Line is what has me worried.
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:15 am

Dawildboar wrote:This pick would also light a fire of competition between him and LeShoure who really needs to get his shit together after a pick like this. And being that were playing in the NFC North division, and bad weather when it comes down to playing in G.B. and Chicago when its cold, snowy and windy. A 2 back thumping crew would come in handy during the unforgivable fall and winter. So look for the Detroit Lions to pick RB- Doug Martin from Boise State in the 1st round and go all Defense in day 2...DAN FROM DETROIT, GO LIONS

Dan, if we can get 2 offensive linemen starters, I think the rushing improves plus we get youth at a spot where the Lions are old. Get a Safety that will push Spivey to improve or to the bench and a couple projects on the O-Line and D-Line. The O-Line is what has me worried.
The Running game actually looked pretty damn good when Smith was healthy, meaning the O-Line didnt look like the problem for now. Granted that the guys are getting older but gelling better because of the familierarity. The RB position has been devalued the past several years meaning there is greater value in picking them unlike the OT and CB spots. 5 years ago a RB like Boise States Doug Martin would be seen as a middle of the 1st round pick. Cordy Glenn and Kevin Zeitler are the only 2 linemen i would select at where we stand now, but i would rather take a D. Martin in the 1st, over a Polk in the 3rd when the value is so great. Polk yes would be great value also, but he is not the same talent to say the least. Martin is a 3 down back who can catch the ball out of the backfield with the best of them. He is a better than average blocker for Stafford and like i previously stated, a guy picked here would light a fire under LeShoures ass, Polk, not has much...DAN FROM DETROIT, GO LIONS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down