Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tough schedule....

2 posters

Go down

Tough schedule.... Empty Tough schedule....

Post by meiden Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:45 am

Man I think the NFL gave it to the Lions yet again. I'm not so much worried about the strength of schedule as that is pretty much predetermined and made further difficult by having to play one of the best twice a year. To that point I think the Lions play in one of the toughest divisions so 6 of their games will be against really good opponents.

My issue more is the actual schedule and how the NFL chose to position these games. I mean really???? 6 of the first 9 on the road including games at SF, Chicago, Philly and an underrated TN team? And should we make it through that gauntlet still in contention the NFL again nails the Lions with 2 against the Pack in the last 7 games with four of the last seven against playoff teams, one against a team that was in contention until the end of their last game (blown coverage by a Cardinal CB or they are in) and the Bears who only missed the playoffs because they lost Cutler.

Wow! While I still say that the Lions *can* win 11 or so games, they also can lose 8 or more given this schedule. The only "gimmes" I see are St. Louis, MN at home, Seattle, @ Jax and Indy. The rest are either Lions as underdogs or too close to call.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Tough schedule.... Empty Re: Tough schedule....

Post by Dawildboar Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:04 am

I agree with everything you wrote except for the "gimme" game of MN at home...There are no gimme games with the divisional rivalries. Last years gimme game against the Vikes was a battle.
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Tough schedule.... Empty I hear you Boar

Post by meiden Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:32 am

Dawildboar wrote:I agree with everything you wrote except for the "gimme" game of MN at home...There are no gimme games with the divisional rivalries. Last years gimme game against the Vikes was a battle.

I was trying to get at least a few that the Lions "should win" but you are right...nothing in the division will be easy.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:29 pm

No one mentioned my most fearful bugaboo, back to back road games. The Lions have an outlandish amount this year, four. Week 3-4 SF & Tenn, week 6-7 Iggles & Da B'ars, week 9-10 Jax & Minn, week 14-15 GB & Ariz. Every one of their road games is either the front end or back end of a Back to back. I've never seen that before. This is a schedule that looks to be anywhere fro 8-8 to 12-4

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:06 am

RLMcB wrote:No one mentioned my most fearful bugaboo, back to back road games. The Lions have an outlandish amount this year, four. Week 3-4 SF & Tenn, week 6-7 Iggles & Da B'ars, week 9-10 Jax & Minn, week 14-15 GB & Ariz. Every one of their road games is either the front end or back end of a Back to back. I've never seen that before. This is a schedule that looks to be anywhere fro 8-8 to 12-4

Wow! That is really tough. I overlooked that aspect of the schedule. It's been years that I've said that as a league, the Lions are given the shaft any chance it can. Here is a team, finally making a name and with some popular players on the roster yet if there is a chance to gig them, the league takes it.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:08 pm

The only way the Lions could possibly have more than the four Back t' Back games they have scheduled this year is if they make the playoffs but don't have any home field games. Then its all B T B the rest of the way. The Friggin league could not have given them a tougher road schedule without violating scheduling rules by giving them 10 road games, or scheduling NE & NYG instead of Jax & Minn. I expect Schwartz to use this schedule to challenge the team to toughen up and overcome it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down