Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLEVELAND STILL NEEDS A QB!!!

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CLEVELAND STILL NEEDS A QB!!! Empty CLEVELAND STILL NEEDS A QB!!!

Post by wyckedheart8 Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:16 pm

This team still needs a QB, Hoyer is an above average QB but he is a backup (Johnny isn't the answer either, I said it many, many times) Hoyers arm is average at best, he cant make those bullet throws you need in the mid range areas, that's all I need to say about the subject, Hoyer isn't worth the 10+ million per year that people have talked about, and before anyone jumps I am not putting this L strickly on Hoyer, but he had guys open and wasnt able to get the ball to them. Damn I wish they would have went after Mallett in the draft, they had 4 shots to get him including one in a trade two years ago with the Pats. BTW, Houston got Mallett for a 7th round conditional draft pick.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

CLEVELAND STILL NEEDS A QB!!! Empty Re: CLEVELAND STILL NEEDS A QB!!!

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:31 pm

Fumbling bumbling Browns today. The whole team was flat. The defense couldn't stop the run and the offense couldn't stop Mr Watt. Pressure Pressure Pressure all day long, no time to throw no running game Houston stuck it to the Browns today. It wouldn't have mattered who the QB was. The Browns ate humble pie today. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:58 am

Dmounts wrote:Fumbling bumbling Browns today. The whole team was flat. The defense couldn't stop the run and the offense couldn't stop Mr Watt. Pressure Pressure Pressure all day long, no time to throw no running game Houston stuck it to the Browns today. It wouldn't have mattered who the QB was. The Browns ate humble pie today. Embarassed

I agree. Hoyer had about 2 seconds to decide anything after the snap, couldn't step into throws, no running game, the defense is banged up with no depth, special teams are not so special, no tackling...etc. Yeah let's blame Hoyer.  Blame the coaching staff and lack of depth and motivation. PERIOD!!
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:29 pm

did I read this correctly, Hoyer had 30 incompletions??? wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:36 pm

I thought he was 30 for 50

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:39 am

wyckedheart8 wrote:This team still needs a QB, Hoyer is an above average QB but he is a backup (Johnny isn't the answer either, I said it many, many times) Hoyers arm is average at best, he cant make those bullet throws you need in the mid range areas, that's all I need to say about the subject, Hoyer isn't worth the 10+ million per year that people have talked about, and before anyone jumps I am not putting this L strickly on Hoyer, but he had guys open and wasnt able to get the ball to them. Damn I wish they would have went after Mallett in the draft, they had 4 shots to get him including one in a trade two years ago with the Pats. BTW, Houston got Mallett for a 7th round conditional draft pick.

Dude, how can you say that Johnny Football isn't the answer?  He hasn't even been given the chance to learn his craft.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:49 pm

The coaches are saying he isn't ready. They are saying he can not read defenses and is only seeing half of the field.

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:21 pm

Dmounts wrote:The coaches are saying he isn't ready. They are saying he can not read defenses and is only seeing half of the field.

The best way to learn is to get on the field and learn from your mistakes.  Still, the way your season is going, I completely understand why they are waiting.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:42 am

Dmounts wrote:The coaches are saying he isn't ready. They are saying he can not read defenses and is only seeing half of the field.

Hoyer is color blind. Five picks in two games? the over all stats is worse than that...Maybe he can't read defenses and sees half the field as well....not to mention no mobility and a rag arm. He got a shiny new toy in Josh Gordon, and that is all he thinks about after the snap. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but right now, he is flat out sucking. Another thing, if Joe Thomas is a Pro Bowler this year, than I'm the Pope. He looks weak. 4 penalties on him yesterday, and he's the veteran on the OL.
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:06 pm

I agree since Gordon came back the whole offense is not clicking. Hoyer is staring him down and doesn't seem to look for another reciever. Thomas got his ass handed to him sunday and yes he did look weak.

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:10 am

UPDATE: Hoyer STILL sucks...getting worse every week!!!
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:08 pm

I agree it's time to find out if we wasted another 1st round pick.

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:24 pm

Randell60 wrote:UPDATE: Hoyer STILL sucks...getting worse every week!!!

Once teams get enough film of you, they find out what you do well and take it away from you.  That's why being a backup quarterback is a good gig for guys like Johnny.  He can come into the middle of a game without the pressure of the defense studying your every move and do some things that will surprise them and build some success and gain some confidence before he becomes a full-time starter.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:25 pm

diehardsteersfan wrote:

Once teams get enough film of you, they find out what you do well and take it away from you.  That's why being a backup quarterback is a good gig for guys like Johnny.  He can come into the middle of a game without the pressure of the defense studying your every move and do some things that will surprise them and build some success and gain some confidence before he becomes a full-time starter.

Too late for that.  Johnny has been named the starter against the Bengals.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:17 pm

Here we go Johnny here we go

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:20 pm

Dmounts wrote:Here we go Johnny here we go

If you guys fix your quarterback problem, you could very well be the second best team in the AFC North.  afro

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:24 pm

Too many injuries and we are not deep enough to over come that.

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:27 pm

Dmounts wrote:Too many injuries and we are not deep enough to over come that.

Don't tell other Steelers fans but I really love your defense.  I consider them the best secondary in the NFL.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:31 pm

Don't tell steeler fans but the Tomlins a good coach.

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:46 pm

Dmounts wrote:Don't tell steeler fans but the Tomlins a good coach.

I go back and forth on that.  At times, I want to believe that he's a good coach but there's been some huge mistakes in players kept and awarded big contracts that should have been shown the door and then there's been players who should have stayed and given the big contracts and allowed to leave.  Some of these mistakes are hurting our near future.  I think there's way too much loyalty towards the older players when they should have been released.  I'm not talking about Keisel and Harrison, I'm talking about Cortez Allen, Ike Taylor, Troy Polamalu and them allowing our best corner two years ago, Keenan Lewis to leave instead of cutting Ike Taylor.  And the drafts at times has been catastrophic.  

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:54 pm

Coach doesn't pay the players Management does. The Rooneys decide who stays and who goes, it's the coaches job to play the hand he's dealt. He's done good with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:06 pm

Dmounts wrote:Coach doesn't pay the players Management does. The Rooneys decide who stays and who goes, it's the coaches job to play the hand he's dealt. He's done good with that.

Tomlin has the final say on players kept and those who leave- not only that but he plays a big part on who they draft.  Rooney's rarely ever step into the decision making.  Yes, sometimes they will step in and trump over the coaches decision but only in rare occasions.  The Rooney's actually stepped in during the 2004 draft and decided that the Steelers needed to draft Ben Roethlisberger.  Would you believe that Cowher didn't want Ben?  Cowher was stuck in his Marty Schottenhiemer ways in believing that the way to win was to run the ball and play great defense.  Cowher would have never got his SB trophy if Rooney's didn't overstep his decision to draft a LT.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:14 am

Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:17 am

diehardsteersfan wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

Too late for that.  Johnny has been named the starter against the Bengals.

Marvin Lewis called him a midget. He does understand that his QB is a Opie Taylor wannabe, right?  LOL

Last edited by Randell60 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:05 pm

A Browns fan found a bottle washed up on the beach and opened it and out popped a Genie who had been trapped inside.

The grateful Genie said to the  Browns fan, "I will grant you any wish you want."

The Browns fan said, "I want to live forever."

The Genie said, "I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to grant wishes like that."

So the Browns fan said, "Well Okay, then I want to die after the Browns win the Superbowl."

"You clever bastard" said the Genie.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next