Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

14 hours later

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

14 hours later - Page 3 Empty Re: 14 hours later

Post by guppy Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:32 pm

George1963 wrote:

Oh I missed this. In the playoffs the league takes over pretty much lock, stock, and barrel. Everything from ticket receipts to the guy cutting/vacuuming the grass.
The first week in November the people running the clock, scoreboard, play clock, lockerrooms, HVAC, phonelines, wifi, radio communications, chain crew, etc are all Kraft employees.
All game operations are handled by the home team with one league security guy keeping an eye on things.

Source?  Link(s)?

HVAC too huh?  So you're telling me starting in Nov. the league sends people to all stadiums to run their HVAC in lockerrooms on gamedays?  Do league guys set a different temperature than regular stadium employees?  Not sure how that works.  This is indeed interesting trivia you just don't see written about everyday on ESPN.  Lockerrooms?  So what does the league do there, have a doorman to let people in and out?   Wifi?  What happens there?  If I am at the stadium and I put my phone on wifi, its one wifi before November, let's say Verizon, and then its another wifi after Nov., let's say AT&T?  I thought you pretty much get your wifi from one of the major carriers, and they simply supply it to you, no?   I just don't know the specifics of how these things work.  Like I say, I go to nfl.com, but I don't see esoteric stuff like this.  And before Nov., the league only has "one" security guy to keep an eye on things?   Pretty cheap for a multi-billion dollar organization, wouldn't you say?  What does he keep an eye on, do you think?  The lockerrooms or the HVAC, cause you know that one guy can't be in two places at once.

And its funny that you say that after November - the start of the second half of the season - is when the league ramps up security, and really keeps a lot of eyes on things.  The second half the season is when the Patriots play their best football and, by far and away, have the highest winning percentage of any team in the league, home or away.  Maybe the Pats don't do as well in the first half of the season as they do in the second half because there is less security in the first half, and someone is screwing around with them when they go on the road. 

I'm sure when the Pats go to Lucas Oil, they bring extra security, more than if they were going somewhere else.  Ever since Bill Polian yelled out while Doug Flutie was scrambling for the Pats, "BREAK HIS LEG" for all to hear, the Pats probably think that you can never be too careful heading into that crazy place.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:01 pm

HVAC too huh?  So you're telling me starting in Nov. the league sends people to all stadiums to run their HVAC in lockerrooms on gamedays?

Playoffs Guppy. That's well known. The players get payed by the league, the league gets the ticket revenue, they take over everything. Tell me they've never shown the league turf guru on Boston TV coming to inspect the floor at Gillette before the first playoff game. Or the extra security or game day personal hired by the league. Or the "all star" chain gang. The "quad reduntant" electronics run by league hired factory experts they put in. That was new last year. And probably a lie.
Hell, tell me you've never heard Kraft say he doesn't make any money on the playoffs. He says it every year.
The NFL playoffs is the NFL renting various stadiums around the league to run their HUGE TV money end of the year tournament.
Jeez, you think I'm making it up? It's not even a knock on the Pats. It's the way it's been forever.

And its funny that you say that after November - the start of the second half of the season - is when the league ramps up security, and really keeps a lot of eyes on things.

And you know what? Learn to fucking read.

In the playoffs the league takes over pretty much lock, stock, and barrel.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:19 pm

George1963 wrote:
 It's not even a knock on the Pats.

I thought that's what you were doing.  Sayin that once the league takes over all these operational functions, then there's no longer any room for funny stuff, inferring or suggesting that funny stuff was somehow taking place prior to the league people taking over.  If that was not your message, I misunderstood and I'm sorry.

And its funny that you say that after November - the start of the second half of the season - is when the league ramps up security, and really keeps a lot of eyes on things.

Playoffs?  Playoffs?  Don't talk about playoffs.

Just relax now. 

Look at me.  Just chillin with a glass of wine right now.  I'm not the one who is all wound up, nervous and high strung about Sunday night.  Very Happy

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:44 pm

George1963 wrote:Anyhow, I don't think I've ever made any kind of prediction on any board you and I were both on, and I don't think I'm really making one here, but as a Colts fan I'm really not sweating this game much. I know the rest of the world sees this as the game of the year of the week, but to me it's just the Patriots at home. If the Colts don't eff up, it should be a pretty mundane, get an early lead and ride it win.

I know they Colts been fast starters, so I'm not saying a 14-3 or 17-7 first quarter followed by a whole bunch of swing passes and Ahmad Bradshaw is impossible, I just don't think things will go your way if they try to slow it down with a lead. The Pats can score quick. On paper it doesn't make sense, but a 270 lb guy making a 40 yard catch and run look easy doesn't make sense either.
As long as Gronk is healthy, and I'll be holding my breath all year on the fragile little fellow, they can move the ball pretty much at will. They can gain yards without ever even throwing to him.
Home, away, or on Mars, you sit on a lead against a Gronked Pats team you'll lose

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:02 pm

Just relax now. 

George just moved up a level on the nerdy online golf game we play. He has to hit from the blacks now and he's having problems.
Little testy.  Evil or Very Mad lol

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:26 pm

The Steelers exposed the colts the pats are better than the steelers. This game should be a cake walk for the Pats.

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:58 am

Dmounts wrote:The Steelers exposed the colts the pats are better than the steelers. This game should be a cake walk for the Pats.

The Steelers exposed the fact that if a HOF caliber QB plays out of his mind at home against a defense with 3 starters out he can put up a lot of points.
It's out there now.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:59 am

George just moved up a level on the nerdy online golf game we play. He has to hit from the blacks now and he's having problems.
Little testy.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] lol

Meh. It's not the tees. It's the greens.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:03 am

Just relax now. 

I AM RELAXED DAMMIT!
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:55 pm

George1963 wrote:Playoffs?  Playoffs?  Don't talk about playoffs.

Just relax now. 

I AM RELAXED DAMMIT!

Life is good.  DAMMIT!
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:02 pm

Dmounts wrote:

BTW, who runs the ball for NE anyway?  Do we even have any legit bona fide first down running backs on this team?

Yes, I did say the above statement.  Just call me the clueless idiot Pats fan who doesn't know squat.

To Jonas Gray:  I'm sorry, man.  I'm sorry.  I'm sorry.

While I'm here, kudos to brilliant performances by 1.  Bill Belichick, 2. Matt Patricia, and 3.  Josh McDaniels.  Great coaching.  Great schemes.  Great use of matchups.  (Was T.Y. Hilton found yet, or is he still missing?)  Lets just say, great, great game plans by the coaching staff. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by guppy on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:30 pm

Liked I said Indy was a cake walk.

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:07 am

Dmounts wrote:Liked I said Indy was a cake walk.

You coulda told me 100 ways this game could go and when you got to that one I would have said "Now you're just being stupid."
Jonas Gray?
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:39 pm

BTW, who runs the ball for NE anyway?  Do we even have any legit bona fide first down running backs on this team?

Yes, I did say the above statement.  Just call me the clueless idiot Pats fan who doesn't know squat.

To Jonas Gray:  I'm sorry, man.  I'm sorry.  I'm sorry.

Who knew? When you made the comment I thought good. Cause the Colts run D is pretty weak. I knew who this guy was, but they ain't trying that. BTW, I don't really think this was their original plan. They just saw it was there and went with it, so all the accolades you were throwing around for game planning should be for in game adjustments. IMO
Anyhow, bend but don't break worked for the first time in a while. Make those fgs tds we're looking at a different fourth quarter.

Was T.Y. Hilton found yet, or is he still missing?

Oh they found him. He was right there with Gronk, getting doubled and ignored while his team went another way, so  congrats. The Patriots have rocketed to a tie for 25th place for number of road wins against teams with winning records over the last four years.
Well done!

Just busting balls. A road win is a road win.
And Hilton, if he's gonna be elite, and he's right there, he'll have to learn to deal with that. When he does, Luck will have to learn to throw into it.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:54 pm

George1963 wrote:

Who knew? When you made the comment I thought good. Cause the Colts run D is pretty weak. I knew who this guy was, but they ain't trying that. BTW, I don't really think this was their original plan. They just saw it was there and went with it, so all the accolades you were throwing around for game planning should be for in game adjustments. IMO
Anyhow, bend but don't break worked for the first time in a while.  Make those fgs tds we're looking at a different fourth quarter.

Sure, and my earlier rant against "bend but don't break" shows you how much I know.  And I do actually like to play chess (for real), but when it comes to football strategy, it appears as if I'm strictly a checkers guy, and someone who looks for satisfaction in the short run rather than having patience and letting the strategy play out over 60 minutes.   

And if Brady doesn't lose his marbles and decide to do his Santa Clause impersonation and give an early Christmas gift to the Colts of 7 points just before the half, we maybe are looking at Jimmy Garapollo under center much earlier than we did.  But Tommy made up for it by taking the ball on the first possession of the third quarter and marching 80 yards to get the 7 right back on the TD throw to Tim Wright.  That was critical imo, and set a good tone for the rest of the second half.   Indy responded with a FG, but then the Pats responded to that with another TD.

Was T.Y. Hilton found yet, or is he still missing?

Oh they found him. He was right there with Gronk, getting doubled and ignored while his team went another way, so  congrats.

Thanks for the congrats.  Yes, Gronk drew extra attention, but the difference between him being defended that way and Hilton being defended that way, was that Gronk was making himself very useful as a blocker.  T.Y. was just simply eliminated as an option.  To your point above about in game adjustments, taking out T.Y. doesn't fit in that category, that was the plan going in.
  No doubt that's why Fleener made all the plays he did.  Not saying he's not good, but when he was making those catches Matt Patricia is over on the sideline probably thinking, "I can live with that."

Just busting balls.

That's OK.  Perhaps you've noticed its something I've been known to do also on occasion. Smile  

BTW, I got very few details on your trip to Foxboro.  Just wondering if while you were there you toured "The Hall", or checked out the Pro Shop and got yourself a jersey, a hat, a calendar, a coffee mug, a DVD, or a grey hoodie with instructions of where to cut the sleeves off?  At least something to bring back home? 

A road win is a road win.

Some road wins are better than others.  There are "we're lucky to get out of here alive" road wins.  And then there are statement road wins.  Putting aside Luck's rushing yards, the home team came away with a total of 4 (no, that's not a typo) rushing yards on 14 carries from its two running backs.  That averages out to 0.29 yards per attempt. Oh hell, forget numbers, lets just say they couldn't run the ball....at all.  Statement.

Finally, I see that Bradshaw broke his ankle.  I hate to see that, and I feel bad for him.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:53 pm

Just relax now. 

Gup, when are you gonna start playing the nerdy online golf game? You like to waste time at work or neglect your wife, don't you?
I'll get you in my virtual golf club, buy you a simulated beer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:53 pm

George1963 wrote:Just relax now. 

Gup, when are you gonna start playing the nerdy online golf game? You like to waste time at work or neglect your wife, don't you?
I'll get you in my virtual golf club, buy you a simulated beer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'll check it out. 
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:18 pm

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:56 pm

George1963 wrote:
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:11 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

No. That's me. Or the nerdy avatar me. Waiting for ya.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:36 am

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

No. That's me. Or the nerdy avatar me. Waiting for ya.

I figured it was you.  I was paying you a compliment.  What's your real handicap, if you keep one?

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:55 am

I figured it was you.  I was paying you a compliment.  What's your real handicap, if you keep one?

8. I don't formally keep one, not for a while, but breaking 80 is a decent morning for me.
I'm having some problems with an old upper body injury (frigging bitch is up for parole too) so the power is pretty much gone, but I get by on experience and guile.

Not unlike a certain AFCE QB I could name.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:21 pm

George1963 wrote:I figured it was you.  I was paying you a compliment.  What's your real handicap, if you keep one?

8. I don't formally keep one, not for a while, but breaking 80 is a decent morning for me.
I'm having some problems with an old upper body injury (frigging bitch is up for parole too) so the power is pretty much gone, but I get by on experience and guile.

Anything in the single digits is good in my book. 

I usually crush the par 5's.  Long par 3's is what gives me problems and can ruin a side.

My number one problem though is not getting out enough.  Got to change that.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:23 pm

George1963 wrote:I figured it was you.  I was paying you a compliment.  What's your real handicap, if you keep one?

Michael Vick?
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:11 pm

guppy wrote:

Anything in the single digits is good in my book. 

I usually crush the par 5's.

I used to. Second shots are too long for me now.

Long par 3's is what gives me problems and can ruin a side.l

There's one at the course I play now that plays 239. When I was a kid I could stop a ball on that. Elderly gent that I am now, hit it in front and try to chip it close.

My number one problem though is not getting out enough.  Got to change that.

Muni, muni muni. Every place I've lived. Play the crappy city owned courses. It's fun, it's cheap, you meet people, and I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but playing on a bad course makes a good one easier.

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next