Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get well Bart

3 posters

Go down

Get well Bart Empty Get well Bart

Post by Guest Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:20 pm

Plans for Favre’s Lambeau return in November on hold due to Bart Starr’s health
Posted by Josh Alper on October 21, 2014, 4:07 PM EDT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AP

The Packers will be retiring Brett Favre’s No. 4 and putting him in the team’s Hall of Fame next year, but Favre was planning an earlier return to Lambeau Field that now looks unlikely to happen.
Favre was planning to join Bart Starr on the field for the team’s November 9 game against the Bears, but told Ed Werder of ESPN that Starr’s recent health troubles make it unlikely to happen. Starr recently had a heart attack and two strokes and Favre said that he’s averse to taking part if Starr is unable to participate.
“I’m sure they could, but it was my idea to do it, and now that Bart can’t, I just don’t think I will,” Favre said.

Favre's idea to do it?  Hmmmmmm...   Neutral    Some will say a classy move by Favre to defer in respect to Starr's health and some will say that this is just a typical Brett Favre move to avoid the boos that would rain down with him walking out there alone without the shield of the man no one could ever boo beside him...

Thoughts?

Considering who we're talking about here and the volumes of dubious self-serving past behavior...my read tilts toward Favre making the ploy of arranging to have Starr next to him for this first return in a calculated attempt to avoid the boos he knows he deserves...  Now that Starr can't make it--Favre pulls out because his purpose for having Bart there to begin with can't be realized...  In my opinion--it's fitting.  Favre in no way deserves to have a man of the irreproachable quality of Bart Starr in his presence and fate is the great equalizer.  Favre can try to scheme his way out of a very loud reminder of how he so tragically fucked up what he could have had for a Lambeau homecoming--but karma doesn't take your order off a menu--it merely serves you what you fucking deserve...   Cool

P.S.  I sure hope Bart can work through this...but he may never see the field in Lambeau again.  Two strokes and a heart attack in a confined period is nature's way of telling his loved one's (if they don't already do it on a regular basis) to make sure Bart knows what he has meant to them.  One minute too late is forever too late...

Back to top Go down

Get well Bart Empty Re: Get well Bart

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:52 pm

I am fully aware of all of this chatter HD..............however IMHO, I think Brett should solo it to Lambeau Field -- no different than Dave Robinson did.  Take the good with the bad in life..........let the chips fall where they may.

Yes, with Bart's sudden health status, all of this Bob Harlan/Mark Murphy-induced 'kumbaya' scheming is probably history.   First things first.........Packers Hall of Fame induction first for Brett.    Subsequent to that fine event............the unveiling of BRETT FAVRE 1992-2007 on the Lambeau Field RING OF HONOR.  

GO PACK GO!!   Glory Days.

RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:16 pm

i myself now wouldnt boo favre,sure i hated him in purple and was so happy to see him fuck up in the new orleans game but enough is enough and its behind us now and he did mean so much to me as a packer fan that i understand what he did and how it affected my feelings towards him.I put myself in his shoes and i am sure most of us would have done the same and if you dont agree than maybe you never had the chance to do something in life you love and then get it taken away from you.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:22 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:I am fully aware of all of this chatter HD..............however IMHO, I think Brett should solo it to Lambeau Field -- no different than Dave Robinson did.  Take the good with the bad in life..........let the chips fall where they may.

Yes, with Bart's sudden health status, all of this Bob Harlan/Mark Murphy-induced 'kumbaya' scheming is probably history.   First things first.........Packers Hall of Fame induction first for Brett.    Subsequent to that fine event............the unveiling of BRETT FAVRE 1992-2007 on the Lambeau Field RING OF HONOR.  

I agree, Ringo.  If Favre had any nuts at all--he'd square up his shoulders and walk out there like a man to take whatever is given him--good or bad...  He made the choices--fucking own 'em...  Obviously he doesn't.  Too bad.  By doing so he could probably win back some of the respect from those getting the booing out of their system...

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:52 pm

_HD_ wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:I am fully aware of all of this chatter HD..............however IMHO, I think Brett should solo it to Lambeau Field -- no different than Dave Robinson did.  Take the good with the bad in life..........let the chips fall where they may.

I agree, Ringo.  If Favre had any nuts at all--he'd square up his shoulders and walk out there like a man to take whatever is given him--good or bad...  He made the choices--fucking own 'em...  Obviously he doesn't.  Too bad.  By doing so he could probably win back some of the respect from those getting the booing out of their system...

It was a genuine thrill to see both Fuzzy and Kramer announced on the field and take a bow just outside of the tunnel last Sunday. Fuzzy in a wheelchair still looked pretty good. It hurts to think that Bart may never set foot on the tundra ever again.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:49 am

milani wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

It was a genuine thrill to see both Fuzzy and Kramer announced on the field and take a bow just outside of the tunnel last Sunday. Fuzzy in a wheelchair still looked pretty good. It hurts to think that Bart may never set foot on the tundra ever again.
Milani, this sort of stuff makes one tingle (Thurston and Kramer outside the tunnel).   

Earlier this week I took a long survey the Packers sent me via email regarding my opinions related to my recent Lambeau Field experience.    After sorting through all the stuff (how do you like the food, how do you like the Tundra Tailgate Zone, the Pro Shop, how do like the sound system, the video boards, the national anthem, the dog frisbee and other half time show, the courtesy of the ticket taker, usher, what the sponsors are you into, etc etc BLAH BLAH and more EFFEN BLAH BLAH BLAH.............. Sleep    

In the write-in section I just told the Packers the following: 1) Start selling original Leinenkugel and Spotted Cow in the stands.........not just Miller products, 2) and all of your survey questions are secondary -- its all about having the opportunity to actually sit in the historic lower bowl and watch the Packers play of the field.   All of that other stuff is secondary and has zero impact on my Lambeau Field experience (I didn't tell 'em all most fans really need is a hip flask and an original Leinenkugel, and place to dump their hot coals in the parking lot    LOL LOL).   

Dang it I forget to tell the Packers front office how strikingly important it has been to have a nice stainless steel shelf above the urinals in the men's potties, and how disturbing it is to not have smoking sections in the outdoor concourses.   I want ORIGINAL Leinenkugel's at Packers game, not Wheat, White, Red, Black, etc.  Embarassed

RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down