Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Bart Starr Statue unvailing

3 posters

Go down

New Bart Starr Statue unvailing Empty New Bart Starr Statue unvailing

Post by JnC4GB Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:39 pm

Bart Starr himself to attend 11:45 am Saturday ceremony at Cherry + Washington St. in Green Bay to unveil his new Packer Heritage Trail statue.

Cool.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

New Bart Starr Statue unvailing Empty Re: New Bart Starr Statue unvailing

Post by Guest Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:30 pm

JnC4GB wrote:Bart Starr himself to attend 11:45 am Saturday ceremony at Cherry + Washington St. in Green Bay to unveil his new Packer Heritage Trail statue.

Cool.
Nice.  That's the face that will forever personify what being a champion really means in Green Bay...not the hick.  The man is utter class and those are the qualities that withstand the test of time.  I may go out of my way to shake the man's hand, in fact...but you'd be hard-pressed to get me to get up and walk across the street to flip a switch to save Brent's life.  Thanks for letting me know about this...  Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:50 pm

_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:Bart Starr himself to attend 11:45 am Saturday ceremony at Cherry + Washington St. in Green Bay to unveil his new Packer Heritage Trail statue.

Cool.
Nice.  That's the face that will forever personify what being a champion really means in Green Bay...not the hick.  The man is utter class and those are the qualities that withstand the test of time.  I may go out of my way to shake the man's hand, in fact...but you'd be hard-pressed to get me to get up and walk across the street to flip a switch to save Brent's life.  Thanks for letting me know about this...  Cool
This is one event if you are going to Lambeau this week, Ringo, you should get there early enough. Even if you miss the game this is something that will always be frozen in time. Decades from now when all of us have headed to the frozen tundra up above ( or below ) the face of Bart Starr will always be there.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:11 pm

_HD_ wrote:

Cool.
I would take Favre out for a few shots and beers anytime.    Talk about the laser rockets he fired at Candlestick a few times...........and at Foxboro on MNF in 1997, not to mention the throw to Freeman at Soldier Field.  The great backfield of Levens and Bennett.   GO PACKERS
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:51 pm

Cool.
Bart's wife's name is Cherry.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:04 pm

milani wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Cool.
This is one event if you are going to Lambeau this week, Ringo, you should get there early enough. Even if you miss the game this is something that will always be frozen in time. Decades from now when all of us have headed to the frozen tundra up above ( or below ) the face of Bart Starr will always be there.
I am not going back the Lambeau Field this calendar year.   Hoping for a playoff game but that looks like a long shot.  There is a nice tribute of Starr in the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame.  Alabama has been good to Titletown.........Hutson, Starr.........and now Lacy.   Paul Ott Carruth, Terry Jones, Scott Hunter, George Teague...........Rich Wingo, Byron Braggs ......... LOL
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:05 pm

milani wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Cool.
I am not going back to Lambeau Field this calendar year Milani.   Hoping for a playoff game in January but that looks like a long shot.  There is a nice tribute of Starr in the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame.  Alabama has been good to Titletown.........Hutson, Starr.........and now Lacy.   Paul Ott Carruth, Terry Jones, Scott Hunter, George Teague...........Rich Wingo, Byron Braggs ......... LOL
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down