Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bart Starr

4 posters

Go down

Bart Starr Empty Bart Starr

Post by RagnarLodbrok2 Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:46 pm

Green Bay Packers say Bart Starr recovering from mild stroke
Posted 3:34 pm, September 10, 2014, by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Updated at 05:32pm, September 10, 2014

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
GREEN BAY (WITI/AP) — The Green Bay Packers say Bart Starr is recovering from a mild stroke. According to Packers.com, Starr suffered the stroke last week.
Packers.com reports the Starr family said in an update:
“Last week, Bart Starr suffered a mild ischemic stroke, but is very functional and making progress every day. He is in the care of his physicians and therapists, and will be released as soon as he regains his strength. Bart’s doctors are confident for a full recovery. We remain grateful for your love and concern.” 
Starr led the Packers to five NFL titles and two Super Bowl championships. He was Green Bay’s head coach from 1975-83.
Starr was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility in 1977.
He has typically attended team-related events and at least one Packers game at Lambeau Field each year.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates.
RagnarLodbrok2
RagnarLodbrok2
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Bart Starr Empty Re: Bart Starr

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:18 pm

Fuzzy is reportedly now in a nursing home.    Sad to see the Lombardi Packers age.........They were once on top of the world which was a blessing for them.  Not everyone can win it all 5 or more times.    Fuzzy won 6 titles as I believe Adderley and Gregg did as well.  

GO PACK GO!!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:24 pm

i remember watchng on tv in north dakota as a kid bart starr play his last game against the bears i think it was and he was wearing a rubber surgical glove on his throwing hand to be able to grip the ball.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:26 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Fuzzy is reportedly now in a nursing home.    Sad to see the Lombardi Packers age.........They were once on top of the world which was a blessing for them.  Not everyone can win it all 5 or more times.    Fuzzy won 6 titles as I believe Adderley and Gregg did as well.  

GO PACK GO!!

And Jim Ringo went with Ahlzeimer's as well. Lionel Aldridge..schizophrenia. Travis Williams, cancer. Henry Jordan, heart attack in the gym.
Like Don Hutson and Johnny Blood a few generations before them the time comes to cross the goal line. You can't tell me that the Good Lord isn't letting them scrimmage up there with Vince standing on the sideline.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:51 pm

There are more.......Kostelnik, Caffey, Nitschke, Lew Carpenter, Tunnell, Forester, Pitts, McGee, Ron Kramer.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down